Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

Oops...

Chuck Woolery’s Twitter Account Disappears After His Son Apparently Comes Down With Coronavirus

Just days after his full-throated rejection of all things coronavirus was retweeted by President Donald Trump, former game show host Chuck Woolery’s Twitter account was no more.

It was unclear on Wedesday evening whether the disappearance was related to a widespread hack Twitter experienced earlier on Wednesday, or whether Twitter or Woolery himself removed the account...

...Late Monday, Woolery apparently shared a less combative message on Twitter saying, “To further clarify and add perspective, Covid-19 is real and it is here. My son tested positive for the virus, and I feel for of those suffering and especially for those who have lost loved ones.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/chuck-woolery-twitter-account-disappears-024302861.html

Twitter archive here: http://archive.vn/J7Q0S

14 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Oops...

Chuck Woolery’s Twitter Account Disappears After His Son Apparently Comes Down With Coronavirus

Just days after his full-throated rejection of all things coronavirus was retweeted by President Donald Trump, former game show host Chuck Woolery’s Twitter account was no more.

It was unclear on Wedesday evening whether the disappearance was related to a widespread hack Twitter experienced earlier on Wednesday, or whether Twitter or Woolery himself removed the account...

...Late Monday, Woolery apparently shared a less combative message on Twitter saying, “To further clarify and add perspective, Covid-19 is real and it is here. My son tested positive for the virus, and I feel for of those suffering and especially for those who have lost loved ones.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/chuck-woolery-twitter-account-disappears-024302861.html

Twitter archive here: http://archive.vn/J7Q0S

amazing how these idiots tune changes when it suddenly affects them directly.  I wish his son a speedy recovery.  I mean that sincerely. He is not responsible for his idiot father.  

I do hope this will prompt that dumbass Woolery to go public with retracting his ignorant statements.  

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

amazing how these idiots tune changes when it suddenly affects them directly.  I wish his son a speedy recovery.  I mean that sincerely. He is not responsible for his idiot father.  

I do hope this will prompt that dumbass Woolery to go public with retracting his ignorant statements.  

Yup. And it's like that with so many things. Most of the time we don't fully appreciate something until we've experienced it or have a loved one who has and it doesn't hit home until that point. Sort of like how a super right winger like Dick Cheney is for gay marriage and just happens to have a daughter who's gay. 

• Like 2

Coronavirus: Smokers quit in highest numbers in a decade

More than one million people have given up smoking since the Covid-19 pandemic hit, a survey for charity Action on Smoking and Health (Ash) suggests.

Of those who had quit in the previous four months, 41% said it was in direct response to coronavirus.

Separately, University College London (UCL) found more people quit smoking in the year to June 2020 than in any year since its survey began in 2007.

Government advice says smokers may be at risk of more severe Covid symptoms.

Between 15 April and 20 June, a representative sample of 10,000 people, enrolled by pollster YouGov on behalf of Ash, were asked about their smoking habits.

The results were used to estimate the total number of people giving up smoking in the UK.

Just under half of people who had quit in the past four months said the pandemic had played a role in their decision. That may have been down to a range of factors including health concerns, access to tobacco while isolating or no longer smoking socially.

A team at University College London has been asking 1,000 people a month in England about their smoking habits since 2007 as part of the Smoking Toolkit Study.

In the year to June 2020, 7.6% of smokers taking part in the survey quit - almost a third higher than the average and the highest proportion since the survey began more than a decade ago.

On average, 5.9% of surveyed smokers quit per year since 2007.

Click on the link for the full article

To put that in perspective, there are approximately 34.2 million smokers in the US.  if these quitting rates are the same in the US as those quoted above in Britain, then if an additional 1.5% smokers quit, that means an additional half a million (500K) fewer smokers above and beyond the average number that quit.

• Like 2

it may not be that exaggerated for those proposed visions of angry and disgusted citizens dragging a de santis or a kemp into one form or another of early removal from office

and make them repugnant and rejected pariahs wherever they go

• Like 3

That drone thing is awesome. I'm curious how they programmed them and whether they used standard algorithms or if they went with swarm algorithms.

Also, we are a ****ing laughing stock. That picture of Trump with Goya ****. Jesus Christ on a tricycle. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

72 players?  I doubt the NFL season starts on time or starts at all.

Was just thinking this as well. Plus, as the article notes, we don't know how many players have actually been tested, so we don't know the % positive result. The actual number who have it could be higher. This doesn't bode well for a 2020 season. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jumbo said:

it may not be that exaggerated for those proposed visions of angry and disgusted citizens dragging a de santis or a kemp into one form or another of early removal from office

and make them repugnant and rejected pariahs wherever they go

Thing is will people remember, when election time comes?   Alot of the GOP governors aren't up for reelection until 2022; including those 2 idiots you mentioned.  If the pandemic is over by election time 2022; will voters punish those idiots?  Or will they get 4 more years?

The pandemic isn't just an issue for this year.  The response has been horrible and that's why things are going to get even worse.

• Like 2

New poll reaffirms that most Americans don't trust the president, but they do trust Dr. Fauci

I understand why America so often feels like a 50-50 country, hopefully split right down the middle. In some ways, it is. But right now, on the key issue of trust, as the United States breaks the worst kinds of Covid-19 records, we are not split in half. It's more like 2 against 1.

New polling from Quinnipiac University found that only 30% of America's registered voters say they trust the information that President Trump is providing about the coronavirus. To repeat: Just 3 out of 10 voters trust what he says about the biggest crisis of his presidency.

Conversely, 67% of registered voters do not trust Trump's Covid-19 claims. This is in line with numerous past polls that show only about 1 in 3 Americans viewing Trump as honest and trustworthy. He has the Fox News fan base with him, but that's about it.

I think these #'s are fascinating because they indicate that a significant chunk of his supporters -- folks who say they approve of his performance -- do so even though they don't trust him. But I think this next part of the Q poll is even more important: Nearly two-thirds of voters, 65%, "say they trust the information Dr. Anthony Fauci is providing about the coronavirus," the university said. Only 26% said they DON'T trust Fauci. There's clearly a gulf between the minority that trusts Trump and the majority that trusts Fauci.

>> Quinnipiac also found that 61% trust what the CDC says about the virus...

>> Polling analyst Tim Malloy said: "He may be out of the loop and in disfavor with the White House, but it's clear from the numbers, voters would like Dr. Fauci back on call..."

Click on the link for more

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

72 players?  I doubt the NFL season starts on time or starts at all.

i've kept my take out of any threads, mainly mindful of the stadium topic, but as far back as march i figured it was most likely there would be no season...now i'm even more sure...but i won't keep going on it here cuz it gets into it's own topical area 

• Like 2

Pandemic is all encompassing; affecting every part of our lives because everyone in the world is being effected.  

Sadly, it's also become political.   I think we would've gotten the same response for the GOP areas; eventually even if 

Hillary was president.  Hillary would've had a national strategy and responded early.  Thing is, I think the resistance

to what she might of done; would eventually happen.  You would've seen GOP eventually act in the same way they

are now.

We are losing the battle against corona because the issue become political.  Instead of fighting to control the virus and

reduce it's spread; we focused on political issues instead and tailored our pandemic response to those political issues.

So, we are ****ed.   I think when this is all said and done next year or later; we will hit that 1 to 2 million initial projections of

dead.

The county has to lockdown again; to stop the current spread.

Edited by Rdskns2000

Chuck Woolery’s Twitter Account Disappears After His Son Apparently Comes Down With Coronavirus

It was unclear on Wedesday evening whether the disappearance was related to a widespread hack Twitter experienced earlier on Wednesday, or whether Twitter or Woolery himself removed the account.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sticksboi05 said:

And sadly, burning through society assumes we'll even have long-term immunity. People are assuming it's one and done like measles, and it's wild. There are also diseases where the second time around it's worse.

This makes me think of chickenpox and shingles...or

polio and post polio syndrome or

that really annoying cold that seems to go from house to house with school house sniffles. 

All of this says nothing for what "cured" means when somebody has it.  Does this mean no more symptoms but can flare back at a later time or does it mean completely gone.

Edited by gbear

A large part of our national failure to respond to this crisis is that Donald Trump viewed it through the lens of how it was affecting him, his tenure in office, and his campaign. His every public statement  reflected that. 

That’s what we get when we elect a sociopath to the nation’s highest office. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Hampton Roads blowing up.  Half the states cases today and an ugly 17% positive rate.

Get your act together, swamp people!

NOVA cant save our whole state, I've been saying that since this started, Northam needs to step up NOW and stop talking how well we "all" doing. 

If one part of the state is calmed down and another part is out of control, the whole state might as well be out if control. Virus doesnt care about state lines, let alone county lines.

• Like 1