Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

I felt like i was coming down with something yesterday... corona was on my mind.. But it turned out to be the common cold.. (thanks to my son.. damn him...lol). I looked in the medicine cabinet and saw I still had garlic pills but no black elderberry... went to Walmart and most of the vitamins were off the shelf (vitamins don't do much but people don't know that). A customer there tells me to get some silver stuff... i said no. I got the stuff I needed, the stuff I have done a lot of research on, the stuff i know works. I use to be a pre-med/bio major and couple of years back started to look at non-modern medicine to fix me when I got sick or started to become ill (antibiotics don't work on me anymore, took too many when I was younger as I use to get strep throat a lot). I felt like **** yesterday. Today i woke up and have no running nose or the sniffles or that feeling something is happening in my throat. I am not 100% but heck of lot better today. I also did take Tylenol to help with the pain and aches associated when you become ill. You also need a lot of rest to help your body heal quickly as well. I had so much work to do at the townhouse too (getting it ready to put on rent again). 

I take these: Equate Black Elderberry and https://www.walmart.com/ip/Garlique-Standardized-Dietary-Supplement-60-ct/893306 (both from Walmart).

I have taken 8-10 gummies and about 8 garlic pills since yesterday (both are natural and you can take more than what it says on the bottle) and 2000 mg of Tylenol ... lol

Garlic is unique and not all are the same. I have tried many other brands but they don't have the potency of Allicin like Garlique does. 

When you get older 50+ you need all the help to boost your immune system. This is what works, at least for me and it is helping me fight off the cold quicker that I got 2 days ago. Can it help your body if you get the corona, I don't know but I know it won't hurt to boost your immune system to fight off the infection quicker. And don't forget to wash your hands, also a natural remedy to prevent infections. :)

NOTE: Patients with autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, celiac, hashimoto’s, and lupus need to consult a physician before taking elderberry because it will stimulate their immune system. Elderberry interferes with medications that suppress the immune system and medications used to treat autoimmune diseases.

Edited by zskins
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, First Colony said:

Here in Richmond, we've been told to work from home "for the forseeable future"  Yesterday afternoon people were taking home their desk chairs, files, etc.  Trying not to dwell on it too much, but sometimes I go down a rabbit hole and wonder when we'll go back-if ever.  Some people love working from home; I don't like it.  I enjoy the intereaction, and since I'm in testing, some great solutions have happened in just casual conversations that don't exist when everyone is remote.

If you are set up for it, Zoom/Slack and even 'virtual world' products you can get well connected. Still it's good to get up out of your office and walk around

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, zskins said:

I take these: Equate Black Elderberry and https://www.walmart.com/ip/Garlique-Standardized-Dietary-Supplement-60-ct/893306 (both from Walmart).

I have taken 8-10 gummies and about 8 garlic pills since yesterday (both are natural and you can take more than what it says on the bottle) and 2000 mg of Tylenol ... lol

Garlic is unique and not all are the same. I have tried many other brands but they don't have the potency of Allicin like Garlique does. 

When you get older 50+ you need all the help to boost your immune system. This is what works, at least for me and it is helping me fight off the cold quicker that I got 2 days ago. Can it help your body if you get the corona, I don't know but I know it won't hurt to boost your immune system to fight off the infection quicker. And don't forget to wash your hands, also a natural remedy to prevent infections. :)

I started taking Elderberry a couple of days before we left for Aruba in mid-February. I started feeling sick - flu-ish - 2 weekends back. I pumped up the tablets & took Coricidin HBP (over 60yo & take blood pressure med). After 3 days I was fine - never really felt too bad during those 3 days, either. 

So, now I'm about done with my 30 day supply of Elderberry I bought on Amazon on February 9th for $14.99. Guess how much it is today ---- $39.99

**** anybody who is gouging people during this crisis. Just **** you. 

Edited by EmirOfShmo
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, zskins said:

I felt like i was coming down with something yesterday... .. I looked in the medicine cabinet and saw I still had garlic pills

I have taken about 8 garlic pills since yesterday

When you get older 50+ you need all the help to boost your immune system. This is what works, at least for me

The garlic pills might help because no other person will want to get within 15 feet of you.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, zskins said:

A customer there tells me to get some silver stuff.

This is just a straight up scam. 

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/11/814550474/missouri-sues-televangelist-jim-bakker-for-selling-fake-coronavirus-cure

Selling a fake "treatment" for the COVID-19 disease violates state and federal law. On Tuesday, the state of Missouri filed a lawsuit against Bakker and his production company to stop them from advertising or selling Silver Solution and related products as treatments for the coronavirus.

8 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

I started taking Elderberry a couple of days before we left for Aruba in mid-February. I started feeling sick - flu-ish - 2 weekends back. I pumped up the tablets & took Coricidin HBP (over 60yo & take blood pressure med). After 3 days I was fine - never really felt too bad during those 3 days, either. 

So, now I'm about done with my 30 day supply of Elderberry I bought on Amazon on February 9th for $14.99. Guess how much it is today ---- $39.99

**** anybody who is gouging people during this crisis. Just **** you. 

Picked up Equate brand from Walmart yesterday for $7.43. :) 

You could also get the one that says children on it and it has the same exact ingredient. Marketing poly but same price again. 

23 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Fairfax County Schools have a bunch of unused snow days banked, so I'm going to guess they pull the trigger and close shop for a while.  Just a hunch.

They already canceled classes on Monday to prepare teachers for remote learning so yeah it's coming

Edited by DoneMessedUp
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I looked into silver thing and it is not natural and way too many side effects!

The black elderberry gummies also have zinc in it which is great to fight off the cold and the flu virus. 

Edited by zskins

33 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Fairfax County Schools have a bunch of unused snow days banked, so I'm going to guess they pull the trigger and close shop for a while.  Just a hunch.

The plan hasn't been announced officially, but we're training on distance instruction on the new student holiday on Monday. All high schoolers already have laptops issued by the county, and arrangements have been made for loaner laptops and mobile wifi points for other students without access.

We're almost certainly going to shut down physically and continue virtually.

Side note: The students are BITTER that they'll still be responsible for work.

Edited by techboy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

The lady in the office next to me is listening to a podcast about Revelations and the End of Times.

I do think people should have a healthy level of concern about this.  They should take proper precautions and even stock up on some shelf-stable food, etc.  Wash you hands a lot and follow all other guidance being put out.  That said, I think people shouldn't be TOO scared of this.  Maybe its just because of my general outlook on life but I'm not that concerned.  I'm prepared.  I wash my hands a lot.  All that stuff.  But outside of that, I accept that it is beyond my control.  And because of that, I'm not going to let it scare me.  Whatever is meant to be will be.  But a lot of people seem so scared that you can't even make a joke about what is going on.  That level of fear isn't healthy or helpful in my opinion.  Do what you need to do and then calm down.  If the world is going to end, you aren't going to stop it.  Sit down, pour yourself a drank, and watch.

Agreed  that many of us personally are not at risk. But the key thing as all the 'flattening the curve' posts have shown is taking action to avoid the collapse of the medical system due to the capacity being swamped with people who need intensive care beds that simply aren't available. There is minimal to NO excess capacity in our for-profit system. I know personally of someone lying on a gurney in a Loudoun County (one of the wealthiest in the country) ER waiting for an ICU bed to open up. 10 hours later they went into a regular ward because they had improved enough to not need an ICU bed.

You may not be at significant risk from coronavirus directly, but if this thing spreads you aren't going to get any type of medical treatment because you will be 'triaged out'. Now what you will be 'triaged out' to is a fair question if all medical staff are brought into treat COVID 19 patients. Your best option may be to take some aspirin, eat some chicken soup and get those crystals from your chiropractor. 🙂

5 minutes ago, techboy said:

The plan hasn't been announced officially, but given we're training on distance instruction on the new student holiday on Monday. All high schoolers already have laptops issued by the county, and arrangements have been made for loaner laptops and mobile wifi points for other students without access.

We're almost certainly going to shut down physically and continue virtually.

Side note: The students are BITTER that they'll still be responsible for work.

I want to see the chemistry lab in action.

"OK kids, head over to the kitchen sink and your parents' medicine cabinet and make an inventory of what's in there. Now let's see which of these we can use to demonstrate an exothermic reaction. Oh, yes, open the windows first though."

There probably should be a whole Twitter discussion on home science ideas, if it hasn't already started.

Edited by Corcaigh
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Also, it doesn’t work for any medical purpose. 

I don't understand what point your are trying to make here.  It has a demonstrated financial purpose and surely that's enough for the people selling it.

And  ... I didn't know your were a doctor as well as a smart-assed lawyer. Let the consumer be free to decide about the medical benefits and risks. The FDA is just a crushing bureaucracy denying citizens valuable potential cures.

7 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

I want to see the chemistry lab in action.

Yeah, FCPS has been really safety conscious since that teacher set her classroom on fire a few years ago, so I don't think that will fly.

Fortunately, there are virtual science labs that work pretty well in a pinch, and said safety rules mean we can't really do the cool labs anyway (in Chemistry at least).

Just now, Corcaigh said:

I don't understand what point your are trying to make here.  It has a demonstrated financial purpose and surely that's enough for the people selling it.

And  ... I didn't know your were a doctor as well as a smart-assed lawyer. Let the consumer be free to decide about the medical benefits and risks. The FDA is just a crushing bureaucracy denying citizens valuable potential cures.

I’m just trying to suppress demand until my buy order in silver futures goes through. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2