Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OC - Scott Turner incoming

UKskins

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

JP Finlay on just now, he said from what he heard O'Connell wasn't thrilled about the idea of having to do a 2nd interview (after the first) and Rivera wanted to fill out his staff didn't sit well with him so the interview process didn't go hot.  So he more or less is running with Hoffman's story.  

I posted this the same day as the news broke we hired O assistants. Was for me trigger that KOC would not stay. You don't want to be coordinator of 10 guys who know each other. 

And shame on the guy who mentioned the Bingo caller 😂. Let's not get back to the three headed play calling with delay.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Hooper said:

KOC sure as hell sounds like a millennial. How dare you ask me for a second interview? I'm young, I'm handsome, Albert Breer raves about me and our offense didn't look like a disaster for six quarters of football!

But seriously, I'm sure he'll do fine going forward. 

Spinning this, one of the things that Rivera said in his opening presser is he wanted a team where everyone bought in and was one hundred percent invested. If KOC admitted he was looking over his shoulder or even asked permission to check out other opportunities... that in itself might have been the death knell.

Rivera wants staff and players who are totally in and KOC asks if he can interview other teams, but that he'd be okay sticking around?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

JP Finlay on just now, he said from what he heard O'Connell wasn't thrilled about the idea of having to do a 2nd interview (after the first) and Rivera wanted to fill out his staff didn't sit well with him so the interview process didn't go hot.  So he more or less is running with Hoffman's story.  

That's definitely not a good look. Too good to interview a second time with a new head coach?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MisterPinstripe said:

That's definitely not a good look. Too good to interview a second time with a new head coach?

Especially when, technically speaking, you're still under contract and will get paid even if they let you go and you're in line at the VEC.

7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

He does sound a bit entitled doesn’t he? 

It’s possible.  But I can see why he wouldn’t be thrilled about having no say on his staff and then being ‘in charge’ of a bunch of guys with a connection to his boss.  It’s certainly less than ideal and for a guy that will have options, I can see why he would rather look at those.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Now that he’s gone the smear campaign begins....

Just hours ago he’s the second coming and any criticism is trolling.👍🏽

23 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Listening to Finlay, I didn't get the impression that was his main beef but that in the interview process he was told that Rivera would be hiring his assistants.  In his shoes if I were waffling about staying, I'd balk at that too if that's indeed what went down.  Finlay like Hoffman also thinks O'Connell might have wanted to leave at some juncture in the process.   Finlay actually (unlike Hoffman) thinks he maybe have wanted out from the jump.

Finlay was just talking about it on 106.7.  As for who is right or wrong as to whether O'Connell wanted out or Rivera wanted him out -- I don't think it matters.  I guess it does matter to one person on this thread.  But otherwise, it's gone down.  So that's the card that's been played.     My best guess is it was somewhere in between those points.  Rivera might have been unsure about O'Connell and vice versa.  Somehow I doubt O'Connell was dying to come back and Rivera just thwarted it because he thought he stunk or O'Connell has no interest in the job and was just humoring Rivera to create leverage elsewhere.  But I guess there is no way to know.    If neither one was interested in the other than why go through the interviewing process?  I'd presume at least some interest both ways. 

I gather for some (not you) here, O'Connell is for some odd reason the bad guy.  It somewhat surprises me because he came off like a pretty innocent enough dude and Haskins seems to like him.  I've said from the jump am cool with whomever Rivera wants to bring or let go.   But I admit I don't get the hostility some (not you) have towards the dude.  If its all about the bad stats this season.  Then, we just hired another dude with bad stats.  But so what?  context is everything.  Bad stats don't faze me in a small sample size.  Whether O'Connell stays or goes, I don't think its earth shattering one way or another.  But that's me. 😀

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Now that he’s gone the smear campaign begins....

Just hours ago he’s the second coming and any criticism is trolling.👍🏽

Actually, again, unlike you I'm not so entrenched in a position to insist that it is always factual. Also, that not being a good look doesn't mean I have changed my position on preferring him and thinking he's a good coach.

You irritate me so much more than anyone in the history of this board, I'm honestly not completely sure why. I'm just going to stop responding as I'm sure not contributing much to the discussion responding to you.

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to Finlay, I didn't get the impression that was his main beef but that in the interview process he was told that Rivera would be hiring his assistants.  In his shoes if I were waffling about staying, I'd balk at that too if that's indeed what went down.  Finlay like Hoffman also thinks O'Connell might have wanted to leave at some juncture in the process.   Finlay actually (unlike Hoffman) thinks he maybe have wanted out from the jump.

Finlay was just talking about it on 106.7.  As for who is right or wrong as to whether O'Connell wanted out or Rivera wanted him out -- I don't think it matters.  I guess it does matter to one person on this thread.  But otherwise, it's gone down.  So that's the card that's been played.     My best guess is it was somewhere in between those points.  Rivera might have been unsure about O'Connell and vice versa.  Somehow I doubt O'Connell was dying to come back and Rivera just thwarted it because he thought he stunk or O'Connell has no interest in the job and was just humoring Rivera to create leverage elsewhere.  But I guess there is no way to know.    If neither one was interested in the other than why go through the interviewing process?  I'd presume at least some interest both ways. 

I gather for some (not you) here, O'Connell is for some odd reason the bad guy.  It somewhat surprises me because he came off like a pretty innocent enough dude and Haskins seems to like him.  I've said from the jump am cool with whomever Rivera wants to bring or let go.   But I admit I don't get the hostility some (not you) have towards the dude.  If its all about the bad stats this season.  Then, we just hired another dude with bad stats.  But so what?  context is everything.  Bad stats don't faze me in a small sample size.  Whether O'Connell stays or goes, I don't think its earth shattering one way or another.  But that's me. 😀

Yeah, I still really like him and would prefer him. Makes more sense if it's more the fact that he doesn't get to choose his staff and they all have a connection to the HC instead of him.

Also in context, Scott Turner had a 3rd string QB for his games so hopefully he can produce better than he did those 4 games.

Edited by MisterPinstripe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Hooper said:

KOC sure as hell sounds like a millennial. How dare you ask me for a second interview? I'm young, I'm handsome, Albert Breer raves about me and our offense didn't look like a disaster for six quarters of football!

But seriously, I'm sure he'll do fine going forward. 

He's a 6/10 at best.

Edited by xxprodigyxx

56 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

I posted this the same day as the news broke we hired O assistants. Was for me trigger that KOC would not stay. You don't want to be coordinator of 10 guys who know each other. 

the 10 guys know each other, he just doesn't know them. 🤣

30 minutes ago, KDawg said:

How dare you.

OMAHA! Is Peyton. My God, man. Is nothing sacred?

Brady was the original Omaha back in 2007.

Brady was the Original O, Manning is just the Notorious O.

Edited by NickyJ