Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

And remember Young is playing with a chip on his shoulder, after the way he dropped in the draft, all the way down to the Redskins.

2 hours ago, max21 said:

Do we play the Niners this year? Nothing would be more satisfying than having Young run over Williams. 

We play Cincy too...at home

#2 overall pick sacking the #1 overall pick

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

And remember Young is playing with a chip on his shoulder, after the way he dropped in the draft, all the way down to the Redskins.

I know you're being sarcastic--but this is what makes Young special. By all accounts, he doesn't need that external motivation. 

• Like 3

I'm not sure where this thought goes, but I don't think it merits it's own thread.

Last year, I didn't want us to draft Dwayne Haskins. I thought it was a weak class for quarterbacks, but more importantly, I figured it would be Gruden's last year and it didn't make sense to draft a rookie into a lame duck campaign. On the latter account, I was more right than I thought. Gruden treated Haskins with outright hostility. I've never seen a first round QB so neglected and under-coached.

Fast forward a year ahead, we could have gotten Tua who was the QB everyone desperately wanted prior to the 2019 draft except he became a high risk pick because he may be damaged goods or possess a body that can't survive football. So, getting Haskins allowed us to get Chase. Had we not picked Haskins the pressure to get that QB would have been immense as I don't see Rivera rolling with Colt or Case.

So, perhaps the bad choice wound up being the right choice. Then again, if Tua becomes the QB we thought in 2018 and 2019, then even if Young is Julius Peppers we might second guess ourselves. Still, as things stand right now, I'm much happier with Haskins and Chase then ____________ and Tua.

• Like 1

@Burgold, think about this though...IF haskins turns out to be bad next season, and lands us in the top 5 in the 2021 draft, we’d be in position to draft Trevor Lawrence. Then, we’d have chase young AND Trevor Lawrence on our team. That’s better than ____ and Tua, and better than chase young and Dwayne haskins :) 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, max21 said:

He’s going to cook Williams 

Listen i love chase. But dont forget trent is gonna go against nick bosa who went under the same tutelage as chase did. So he very well is gonna be prepared and....Trent locked down the best of the best of the best. Many of times. I expect young will get some pressure or may get a sack...but cook him? Doubtful.

If we ignore the large Mack contract, the Bears won this trade by a landslide.  I know this isn't exactly the same situation, but to me, this is just another example not to trade back when you have an elite talent in your sights just to acquire more picks.

EWekV5NVAAE38bo?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Listen i love chase. But dont forget trent is gonna go against nick bosa who went under the same tutelage as chase did. So he very well is gonna be prepared and....Trent locked down the best of the best of the best. Many of times. I expect young will get some pressure or may get a sack...but cook him? Doubtful.

Yeah it was mainly wishful thinking, I’m just pretty salty about it. Trent was great and all this just ruined his image for me. 

• Like 1

I cant believe we drafted this guy over all of the other guys there......

Oh wait, sorry, wrong thread.  This is probably the only pick of the last 10 years no one can complain about.  While Id like to think he destroys the league in his first year, I hope that people will keep in mind even superstars may take a year to adjust.  Even Mack only had 4 sacks his first year, and thats a far cry from Sweat's 7 last year, which still leaves people wondering if he is a bust.

49 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

I cant believe we drafted this guy over all of the other guys there......

Oh wait, sorry, wrong thread.  This is probably the only pick of the last 10 years no one can complain about.  While Id like to think he destroys the league in his first year, I hope that people will keep in mind even superstars may take a year to adjust.  Even Mack only had 4 sacks his first year, and thats a far cry from Sweat's 7 last year, which still leaves people wondering if he is a bust.

**** that.

The new defensive coordinator for the Redskins, Del Rio gets to begin his tenure by implementing a player that he believes is as talented as anyone to ever come out of the draft. The reason Del Rio, among many others, is so high on Young is because of how complete of a player he is. If all the skills he brings to the table were packed into a toolbox, Del Rio believes it'd be filled to the brim.

“The best toolbox I’ve ever seen coming out of the draft," Del Rio said on NBC Sports Washington's "On the Clock" broadcast. “I haven't seen a guy come out with that many tools. I’ve seen talented players, but not with a complete toolbox like he has.”

That's incredibly high praise, especially when looking at who Del Rio has worked with in the past. He's coached both Khalil Mack and Von Miller, two of the best pass rushers in the game. The fact that Del Rio already sees Young as more complete out of college is a testament to the rookie's skillset.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/redskins-dc-jack-del-rio-believes-chase-young-has-complete-toolbox-skills

• Like 1