Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

The anti Young crowd are running out of reasons why we shouldn't pick him. Its absurd, now they're resorting to "HE MIGHT BE A STONER." Nevermind that the NFL just passed a new rule saying its okay to smoke weed.

And there is no evidence he even smokes. He just "looks the part." Racism is still alive...

There's literally no reason to assume he's the next Josh Gordon.

I admit at first I was down with trading down and getting more picks but now, with the exception of being able to nab Simmons and a boatload of extra picks, I'm much more content  with the idea of Chase being there at 2 for us. Especially with no ability for players to work out or get any in person face to face time, I'd rather go with the absolute sure thing than buy a bunch of lottery tickets.

I don't know why anyone would be so anti Chase that they'd be ok with slandering his name and morals.

So lets lay this out there, as of today, assuming we draft Chase Young, and hearing that Reuben Foster is expected to be ready for training camp, here is your Redskins starting defense:

Montez Sweat, RDE

Jonathon Allen, DT

Daron Payne, DT

Chase Young, DT

Thomas Davis, OLB

Cole Holcomb, MLB

Reuben Foster, OLB

Ronald Darby, CB

Kendall Fuller, CB

Landon Colins, S

Sean Davis, S

When I look at this defense, IF Reuben Foster comes back at full strength and can grasp this defense the only areas of concern are one corner and one safety spot? Am I wrong? 

We also have nice depth for the coaches to play with......This is a defense that could be scary if they are motivated and coached up.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Hoover-ball said:

Pot should be legal everywhere so no need to go deep into that part. Everyone knows people who smoke pot.

As long as this country has a staggeringly disproportionate amount of black men locked up for the use of pot and the NFL has issues with race etc then saying that he is on drugs based on a video where nothing of the sort is mentioned is a negative comment and steeped in structural racism.

You will note I said nothing about you being racist. I do not know you. The comment was problematic and should rightfully be called out for racism whether it was meant that way or simply unconscious bias. You should look into unconscious bias. I have found it personally eye opening. Everyone has it and you can learn where yours is or is not. Saying you just have a feeling is what leads me to believe you may enjoy learning more about it if you have not already.

Cheers and HTTR

Come for the football, stay for the sanctimonious lectures on race relations....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Kelvin Bryant said:

Come for the football, stay for the sanctimonious lectures on race relations....

Always funny how these types of comments say more about the poster than what they're commenting on. You can tell the person thinks they're taking some kind of profound stand, when the fact that they couldn't just ignore the comment that tweaked them is so clear. 

Nothing personal meant towards you, even though I quoted you. Just an observation. You've been here on ES for literally almost 20 entire years, two decades. You post less than 50 times a year. But just felt like you had to say this. It's interesting. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Always funny how these types of comments say more about the poster than what they're commenting on. You can tell the person thinks they're taking some kind of profound stand, when the fact that they couldn't just ignore the comment that tweaked them is so clear. 

Nothing personal meant towards you, even though I quoted you. Just an observation. You've been here on ES for literally almost 20 entire years, two decades. You post less than 50 times a year. But just felt like you had to say this. It's interesting. 

Usually, well almost always when someone says “nothing personal” it means they themselves are taking it ( the issue ) personal. I find that very interesting and this is only my 7th post I think.

hope it’s as interesting that I chose to reply to this also 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, A-Lost-Wolf said:

Usually, well almost always when someone says “nothing personal” it means they themselves are taking it ( the issue ) personal. I find that very interesting and this is only my 7th post I think.

hope it’s as interesting that I chose to reply to this also 🤣 

Nah, some people can't resist throwing themselves into the conflagration when they see a train wreck, me included. It's not anyone's fault. I shouldn't have even posted that probably. Boredom due to quarantine I suppose. 

7 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Did anyone else think of the Redskins, whenever John Lynch would say, "Our plan to get back to the Super Bowl, is based on starting with a strong Defensive Line" ?

Especially after he goes out and does it, and it works ?

As soon as we add Young, we're in the conversation for best front 4.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Nah, some people can't resist throwing themselves into the conflagration when they see a train wreck, me included. It's not anyone's fault. I shouldn't have even posted that probably. Boredom due to quarantine I suppose. 

Im with you sir, I have been at home for over  (3) weeks straight, that’s more than the last 25 years of my working life. I have lurked as a guest for well over a decade and it took extreme boredom for me to make an account. 

Love this place and all it’s foorball related information and the usual joviality about our team and now that I finished the front yard I have little other interests aside from browsing here for hours a day hoping for a snippet of some new information.

Best Regards,

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Laying it out on paper the way I did it reallly makes you wonder what they have planned for Kerrigan and why they would pay him big bucks? 

If all accounts I have read of Mr. Young being a student of the game I would think that keeping Kerrigan around for an additional year would really help Chase with his development. This is all based on us drafting him at #2 of course. I would think Kerrigan would start the first game of the season and then be more of a backup to Sweat and Young. Personally I would love to see Kerrigan be the all time Redskin’s sack leader. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Russell the love muscle has been on involuntary quarantine for 19 years. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, A-Lost-Wolf said:

Im with you sir, I have been at home for over  (3) weeks straight, that’s more than the last 25 years of my working life. I have lurked as a guest for well over a decade and it took extreme boredom for me to make an account. 

Love this place and all it’s foorball related information and the usual joviality about our team and now that I finished the front yard I have little other interests aside from browsing here for hours a day hoping for a snippet of some new information.

Best Regards,

Welcome officially to the forum 👍

I feel you man. I'm going on 5 weeks at home, haven't had this much free time since my early college days, it's bizarre

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Welcome officially to the forum 👍

I feel you man. I'm going on 5 weeks at home, haven't had this much free time since my early college days, it's bizarre

You in Connecticut ConnSkins? I'm right across the Sound on Long Island. 5 weeks and counting. Actually, I've lost count. Seems like more.

Glad to be going through this together with the good people of Connecticut. We'll get there brother!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

So lets lay this out there, as of today, assuming we draft Chase Young, and hearing that Reuben Foster is expected to be ready for training camp, here is your Redskins starting defense:

Montez Sweat, RDE

Jonathon Allen, DT

Daron Payne, DT

Chase Young, DE

Thomas Davis, OLB

Cole Holcomb, MLB

Reuben Foster, OLB

Ronald Darby, CB

Kendall Fuller, CB

Landon Colins, S

Sean Davis, S

When I look at this defense, IF Reuben Foster comes back at full strength and can grasp this defense the only areas of concern are one corner and one safety spot? Am I wrong? 

We also have nice depth for the coaches to play with......This is a defense that could be scary if they are motivated and coached up.

What happened to our best DT? Why wouldn't he start?

Edited by nonniey

9 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

After we take Young, can we sign his coach, Larry Johnson ?

This is actually something I'm a bit concerned about.  Is anyone else worried that our current DL coach - Sam Mills III - has only been the DL coach for one season?  He obviously has a lot of experience in the assistant DL role, but it's a bit odd to invest four straight first round picks on the DL and then have someone so relatively inexperienced coaching them up.  Especially a player as raw as Sweat.  

Mills obviously has NFL bloodlines (which also means he was hired via nepotism), so I'm crossing my fingers that he's one of these wunderkinds like Kyle Smith, Sean McVay, Kyle Shanahan and (hopefully) Scott Turner.  We need a coach that can maximize all that talent.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

This is actually something I'm a bit concerned about.  Is anyone else worried that our current DL coach - Sam Mills III - has only been the DL coach for one season?  He obviously has a lot of experience in the assistant DL role, but it's a bit odd to invest four straight first round picks on the DL and then have someone so relatively inexperienced coaching them up.  Especially a player as raw as Sweat.  

Mills obviously has NFL bloodlines (which also means he was hired via nepotism), so I'm crossing my fingers that he's one of these wunderkinds like Kyle Smith, Sean McVay, Kyle Shanahan and (hopefully) Scott Turner.  We need a coach that can maximize all that talent.

Great point! I recall many of us railing last season regarding concerns about our Defensive Coaching staff being able to take advantage of our Defensive talent. Obviously they could not. Hopefully with the proven Defensive Coaches we now have they can help lead the way for Mills...

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I think this is part of the reason they hired Zgonina. He and Mills will be a very good 1-2 punch working with the linemen. I don't have any worries about the development of our talent there. This defensive unit is gonna be ready to rock & roll. The coaching upgrade on that side of the ball is just off the charts different than previous seasons.

• Like 2

I want to draft Chase Young. No doubts he can help take our D to a higher level. But I’d just remind us of a couple things: 1. most trades do not happen pre draft. 2. It’s easy to assume we are taking Chase w/ 0 doubts because there is no current offer 3. But....If/When that offer comes if it says 5. 18. 26. & 39, we are gonna have a hard time saying no. 

The pendulum has swung towards we are definitively taking CY. For my taste with too much certainty. I guess we are left to rooting for the Dolphins to not make us the offer, if we really want him to be a Skin.  Because I still feel That if the fins want it, they can get it. I have a hard time believing we don’t accept 5/18/26/39. jmo, can’t wait to find out what happens.

5 hours ago, NYSkins21 said:

You in Connecticut ConnSkins? I'm right across the Sound on Long Island. 5 weeks and counting. Actually, I've lost count. Seems like more.

Glad to be going through this together with the good people of Connecticut. We'll get there brother!

Grew up there, stayed for college and a while after, now live about an hour and a half away up in Boston. Still spend a lot of time in CT due to family though. And have a bunch of friends here in the city from Long Island, too. Same man, thanks. What a weird period in history we will have experienced when all of this is over, looking back at it. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26