Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2020 Draft Positioning Thread: We're #2!

GhostofSparta

2 minutes ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

No problem, all we have to do is to lose to the Jets.  Which is why I’m predicting that we’ll win that game.

Agree. Though I could also see a scenario where we are 1-13 and have #1 locked up, then we beat the Giants and a Cowboy team that has nothing to play for and drop out of the top 5.

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah I've watched a few of the Jets games including the 4th quarter of today's game.  We are bad but I don't think Jets level bad.  Plus we got 2 weeks to prepare.

Damn! We need to hire Gruden back for a week. He never wins after a bye (actually, I think he won one)

Question for anyone.

With Chase being as good as people say and then you have Tua does that make the 1st and 2nd pick nearly equal in value?

Meaning both Tua and Chase are so good you can catch a windfall of picks by trading out of either spot?

I'm curious if the rest of the NFL will see it this way.

The real key here is we need to lose out.  If we win 2, I think we lose multiple tiebreakers and at best get the 3rd pick.

There really are only 4 competitors with us, the Jets, Dolphins, Bengals and Falcons.  The Falcons are a dark horse that no one has noticed, but has a truly horrendous defense that may give them a good shot to be #1 overall.  The Bengals however have pole position, and can knock both Miami and NYJ out of it by playing badly enough against both to grant them wins.  The crazy thing is how many of these teams just happen to be playing eachother this season.

What we know is that only one of Miami or the NYJ have a shot, because they play eachother again.  At best there is only one 1 win team in the AFC East and we probably beat both based on SoS due to Bills/Patriots compared to Eagles/Cowboys.  We should also beat the Falcons in the SoS Tiebreaker as well, which really leaves the most likely winner(loser) as the Bengals.  They have to lose 2 games for us to beat them, as they probably win SoS tiebreaker against us at 1 win.  Basically in order to, for the first time, root for the Redskins to win by losing, you have to root for the Bengals to win every week.

has Herbert dropped?  I thought he was going to be the second best QB after Tua?

Also, I see numerous people on here talking down all the major OL players that are supposed to be in this historic class.  That may be legitimate or it may be a way to justify not going OL but if true it does increase Trent's value

4 hours ago, carex said:

has Herbert dropped?  I thought he was going to be the second best QB after Tua?

Also, I see numerous people on here talking down all the major OL players that are supposed to be in this historic class.  That may be legitimate or it may be a way to justify not going OL but if true it does increase Trent's value

Next year will be a better year for O-Line. The top two OL this year are Andrew Thomas and Tristan Wirfs and they haven't been dominating to the point where a team is comfortable picking them in the top 3 or maybe top 5.  Also,  a lot of the OL people are talking about are juniors and some of them might decide to wait till next year to declare for the draft (Wirfs might even be one of these according to some).

And if we re-sign Kerrigan, I highly doubt we'll pick Chase Young. Best hope in that case, is if they pass on him, they at least trade down and accumulate picks. I would love to get Chase, but I'm trying not to keep my hopes up with this dumbass franchise.

4 hours ago, carex said:

Wirfs and Andrew Thomas look like can be good LTs and arguably its a deep class -- Cosmi, Leatherwood, etc.  But most of us don't like to draft to need.  Young IMO is simply a better player than those guys. 

8 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Since the league went to a 16-game season, only once has a team that finished 2-14 not ended up picking in the top 2 spots of the draft.

Just something to keep in mind.

Meaning we’ll likely be historically unlucky... to no one’s surprise. 

On 11/3/2019 at 7:26 PM, JSSkinz said:

Question for anyone.

With Chase being as good as people say and then you have Tua does that make the 1st and 2nd pick nearly equal in value?

Meaning both Tua and Chase are so good you can catch a windfall of picks by trading out of either spot?

I'm curious if the rest of the NFL will see it this way.

Have to Figure Burrow will be in one of the top 2  slots, So it will still be extremely valuable. Best thing that could happen (specific to Draft positioning and trades of course) would be the ability to trade down to the #3 slot from 1 or 2 and then take Chase.

I've watched my share of Giants-Jets games this season.  Interesting that they are facing each other this Sunday.  Both aren't good.  But I think the Giants still are distinctly better than us, while we are better than the Jets.  I guess all of that will play out shortly.  NY media will put a lot of play into the Daniel Jones-Sam Darnold dynamic.  The chic thing for the NY media to say these days is that Jones has it and Darnold doesn't.  But they are fickle because Darnold was all the rage to them after they beat Dallas. 

Crowder has been doing well.  I wonder if he's into the revenge factor at Fedex in 2 weeks.

8 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Dolphins 2 on the bounce, I think we are up to the number 2 pick. 

HTTR 

We already had the #2 pick for a week. Dolphins had same amount of wins (1) but one less loss than us (7 compared to 8, cause they had a bye week early in the season) leading up to this week. 

Archived