Who wins?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Is it a foregone conclusion?

• Redskins
    • Vikings
    • I'm looking for my needle nose pliers
    • Please, Fox, show Snyder mad as hell, choking Allen

14 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It's almost as if the writers want people to be angry or fueled about this, but they just can't. No one cares. Why would anyone invest all that energy in this game when the Nats are up 2-0 in the World Series?

37 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Is it the first time the nationals have been in the world series?..I hate baseball but if it's a first time for them than no wonder no skins fans will watch the skins play tonight 

The first time for the Expos/Nats franchise as a whole. The last WS game played in DC was the Senators back before electricity.

When you have Ted Leonsis bringing three sports titles to the District in two years and the Nats in the World Series up two games to stugots (Mark Lerner is also a partner of Ted's in Monumental Sports), why would anyone care about the 'Skins vs Vikings?

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

This game is going to be silly bad. 

Kirk will get the validation he's been seeking but putting in a good performance against a 1-6 team on primetime. 

He is very likely to get some revenge - but validation? What validation do you get beating this team? In fact anyone left on our schedule, including the Giants should feel really embarrassed.  Don't get me wrong I will be rooting for them as I always do. However a massive beat down should not be a surprise. 

Last week they played pretty well in a few places - some say it was weather and maybe so. But I liked their fight on D and STs especially. Off started nice and turned to total ****. Penalties were back and Case is a case. Keeping this game close would be another nice step. No weather for people to blame it on and against another ex Redskin that wants to destroy them. 

There are a few things in our favor. Kirk struggles in prime-time games. He also makes mistakes when he tries too hard. He doesn't seem to handle prosperity well and he has had a few good games in a row. And he is missing his best target, change bothers him. Last but not least, he really struggles against a good pass rush. Manusky needs to get after him hard and often.  If they can get to him a few times early and make him face plant on that turf, they can get him rattled and he might score a few for us. Remember the Buffalo game last year.  Honestly I am more worries about Dalvin Cook. He could hand 150 on us quick. 

Lots of reasons for the Vikes to run it up tonight:

The obvious: Cousins revenge, tosses 5 TD's with 400+ yards.......

The not so obvious; Zimmer: Runs it up in support of his good buddy Jay Gruden being fired

Keenum is sacked 6 times....AP finishes with 33 yards rushing

Vikes 44, Skins 7

2 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

This game is going to be silly bad. 

Kirk will get the validation he's been seeking but putting in a good performance against a 1-6 team on primetime. 

But if he was still here we'd actually be "close" and more likely 4-3.

2 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Is it the first time the nationals have been in the world series?..I hate baseball but if it's a first time for them than no wonder no skins fans will watch the skins play tonight 

They’ve been in it before - but not since 1933 (as the Senators).

And this is a travel day for the teams. No WS game tonight.  The drop in football ratings will be because the Skins blow in general and they somehow blow WORSE in prime time.

1 minute ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

As much as I want (and am rooting for) Kirk to absolutely DESTROY this sorry ass franchise that hates his guts....I know that he is terrible in games he really wants to win. 

It’ll either be a 4 pick game or a dagger pick on the last drive game 

unfortunately, Skins win...

Skins 17

Vikings 14

Please don’t say that.  I put Kirk in as my starting QB for fantasy hoping and expecting a big game from him.  He only chokes when the playoffs are directly on the line.  At least that is what I am telling myself.

19 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Most likely someone has posted this, but Thielen is officially ruled Out.

Worth repeating anyway, as it's huge ; It could be the difference between losing 28-10, and losing 42-10.

Ohh bummer hes in my fantasy world..****!

Vikings - 42

Redskins - 10

I actually sort of hope it is worse than that.  I don't know what it will take for change at this point but hoping that getting blown out routinely when you are the only game on, see Chicago (which is now a crap show) will be enough.

"You Vike That'  will have a big night.

3 minutes ago, RFK Lives said:

Vikings - 31

Redskins - 13

I actually sort of hope it is worse than that.  I don't know what it will take for change at this point but hoping that getting blown out routinely when you are the only game on, see Chicago (which is now a crap show) will be enough.

I can tell ya one thing for sure...the players that bust there ass's wont take fans hoping for them to get beat each game...change your favorite team?

4 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I can tell ya one thing for sure...the players that bust there ass's wont take fans hoping for them to get beat each game...change your favorite team?

No, not really my gig to change my team.

I have rooted for them since 1976.  

I had season's tickets for 4 years.

I went to the Hall of Fame when Darrell Green and Art Monk were inducted.

So, no, I won't change my favorite team and won't entertain suggestions from folks who don't know me or my past.

While I can appreciate the individual efforts of some players on the field the continued failure and lack of direction of the franchise requires drastic changes.  So, I, and I am not alone, will root for a better draft position and hope for change in the front office so a competitive team can be fielded.

10 minutes ago, RFK Lives said:

No, not really my gig to change my team.

I have rooted for them since 1976.  

I had season's tickets for 4 years.

I went to the Hall of Fame when Darrell Green and Art Monk were inducted.

So, no, I won't change my favorite team and won't entertain suggestions from folks who don't know me or my past.

While I can appreciate the individual efforts of some players on the field the continued failure and lack of direction of the franchise requires drastic changes.  So, I, and I am not alone, will root for a better draft position and hope for change in the front office so a competitive team can be fielded.

I completely respect you, and wasnt trying to be harsh..I'm sorry..of course I dont know you from Adam so I'm sorry..no, you are definitely not alone....how...hmmm how do we get that group to see the light..that rooting for better draft position dosent work man..we've been a fan of this team for the same length of time..you a little longer...so you know as well as I do that rooting for better draft position hasn't worked since..well you know at least since 99..right?..

And please, to all yall out there wondering why/who wants to argue with this dumbass tater? your welcome to the convos as well lol

All good @bakedtater1

Hard to see how the delivery is meant in a chat board. 

It's finally gotten to a point where I never thought it would and it's time for the fans to take action and if that is inaction, as far as not attending games, renewing season tickets or buying merchandise, maybe ownership will notice.  it hurts, like I had said before, it's like I have lost a childhood friend but with Snyder and Allen, well, it's just hard.

Really don't get the Cousins revenge factor against us tonight. We drafted the dude in round 4 when nobody else was overly eager to take him and gave him an opportunity in the NFL. He took advantage of his shot and the Redskins made him a very rich man. I fully understand the whole contract deal could've been handled much better and we could've locked him down for a bargain four years ago. But once that ship sailed and we put the tag on him in back to back years, his mind was set that once he was a free agent, he didn't want to be here and was leaving no matter what.

If anyone should feel slighted and disrespected, it's Keenum. He took Minnesota to the NFC Championship in his lone season there in 2017 and was never offered a contract from them after that- kicked to the curb. So for me, if you're going to talk a revenge game against the Skins for Cousins, I would think that Keenum fire has to burn much hotter and a revenge game for him against the Vikings makes more sense. That said, the Vikings are the far more superior team and are likely going to thump us. But at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if Keenum has a big game tonight. 

3 hours ago, Csup said:

Please don’t say that.  I put Kirk in as my starting QB for fantasy hoping and expecting a big game from him.  He only chokes when the playoffs are directly on the line.  At least that is what I am telling myself.

If you look back at all the so called choke games, they have one thing in common: defenses, primarily defensive lines creating immense pressure.  He’s not the dude that is going to take off scrambling and make guys miss, so if teams can muddy the pocket regularly, he struggles.

The only remedy for that is the threat of a running game, which creates play-action where he thrives.

So in essence, the only hope the Skins have is to win up front on the regular.  If they do that, he’ll “choke”.  If they don’t, he will feast.

58 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Let’s see....I’ll probably still be stupidly logging onto ES is in 3 years 

70% of this roster won’t be in the league in that time 

so I really don’t care what they think at this point 

Archived