skins island connection

Who wins?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Is it a foregone conclusion?

• Redskins
    • Vikings
    • I'm looking for my needle nose pliers
    • Please, Fox, show Snyder mad as hell, choking Allen

So, the last 2 games - dolphins who are terrible, and 49ers in the rain have clouded how bad the Redskins really are this year.  A nice clean game against a good team will remind us of that fact.  Coaching and scheming specifically.  "any given Sunday" (Thursday) doesn't apply to the 2019 Redskins.  "any given Sunday" makes for excitement across the league, but it would take an absolute miracle (fumbles, every bounce our way) for the Redskins to make this game competitive, let alone win it.  It would take the crazy turnovers, plus some bombs to Terry.  But we won't do that, we're going to go conservative the way we went 6-3 last year, and I don't know how long it will take us to get over it and realize everything has to change.  

I can see the defense playing well, at each position, but again, scheme wise, I see us relying on zone coverage, never zero blitzing, just not doing anything interesting at all.   "Stay the course, run the ball, bend but don't break in the secondary".  We've been so goddamn boring for a couple years now and I don't see any reason that would change tomorrow.  The awful Dolphins didn't change it, a chance to beat a good 49ers team in bad weather didn't change it, and the fact that Kirk Cousins is on the other team won't change it either.  Or that Case used to play for them.  Nothing matters with this team, they're just blah blah-ing along, hoping they sneak out wins they way they did last year.  

35-10 vikings, only because Kirk starts feeling himself and insists on throwing another TD.

AP is limping home.

We are going to get destroyed, as Kirk gets his revenge. Between unforced fumbles.

Prime time, is grime time.

Vikes 44 TMCSkins 13

AP seems to have let down games after a 20 carry week.  Short week + U&L Ankle = I want to see Reynolds active.

giphy.gif

24-17 Skins.

**** the vikes

And **** KIRT Grossman!!!

Yall bum me out... Sure your version of what might happen is more likely, but to hell with all that noise! Kurk is barely 2 weeks removed from his recievers openly ****ing and Diggs requesting a trade! Missed the playoffs with a team that was ONE AWAY with Keenum! He is not worth the money, and if 2 weeks changed that for some... Yall dont remember the win or no playoffs game vs the 2-13!! NYG- Needed 1 td to break 30 or something... Nah fam 2 picks instead! LMMFAO

He takes classes for confidence... He is weak AF!! And we can get to him!

D buckles down on the run and abuses Kurt all game.

O has a miracle game feeding McScorchin early and often for a Skins rookie recieving record! Smallwood, AP... Ryan Anderson?! ME!! IDC someone pounds the rock and opens up play action... Keenum has his fools gold Kerk Grossman game!

It could happen! Funner to type that then doom and gloom for me brothers... Win lose or draw- fook 'em ALL!! HAIL YA!!

HTTR

16 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

I wonder how many of the people that picked the Skins actually believe they're going to win. 

I believe they CAN win... Itd be foolish to say I think its a lock or that Id bet my bottom dollar on it. Im not an overly optimistic person, moreso a realist with silver lined B&G glasses. I cant get with the hopeless tho, its draining. Some might be better off putting down the Skins pipe! 

We were banging with a fully healthy Philly... The team has talent, and a better (not great) leader to prepare/ adjust etc.

As possible as it is that Kirky goes HAM... Its equally possible he ****s the bed. Im rooting for the later

Hail 

9 minutes ago, CowboyKillerz said:

I believe they CAN win... Itd be foolish to say I think its a lock or that Id bet my bottom dollar on it. Im not an overly optimistic person, moreso a realist with silver lined B&G glasses. I cant get with the hopeless tho, its draining. Some might be better off putting down the Skins pipe! 

We were banging with a fully healthy Philly... The team has talent, and a better (not great) leader to prepare/ adjust etc.

As possible as it is that Kirky goes HAM... Its equally possible he ****s the bed. Im rooting for the later

Hail 

Any given Sunday it can happen. Your right. But this is a Thursday so this team has 0 chance!

14 minutes ago, CowboyKillerz said:

Hail 

See that's the thing though Kirk could throw 3 INTs and the Skins will still lose. There is no way the Skins win this game. 

43 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

There is no way the Skins win this game. 

Stranger things have happened though. I mean, Spurrier beat Belichick with rookie Patrick Ramsey + Trung Canidate and starting the following week the Pats won 20 straight or more including the SB.

Since Kirk Left !

"DID YOU KNOW THAT SINCE COUSINS HAS LEFT WASHINGTON, THE REDSKINS HAVE PLAYED SIX DIFFERENT QUARTERBACKS??

SIX!!! They’ve had five different starters and whenever Dwayne Haskins gets his first NFL start, that will make a half dozen starting quarterbacks in less than two years.

Perhaps it’s just coincidence? Perhaps it’s karma and those football gods shaking their finger at the executive branch?

In those 23 games with Minnesota, Kirk Cousins & the Vikings have a (13-9-1) record. He’s (557-795) which is an outstanding 70.1% completion rate. Cousins has thrown for 6,009 yards with a 43- 13 touchdown to interception ratio. He’s averaging 7.6 yards per attempt, 7.9 adjusted yards per pass attempt, 10.8 yards per pass completion, 261.3 yards per game (just one-tenth of a yard below what he averaged in Washington, 261.4 career). Cousins has a 103.2 quarterback rating."

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Sadly, putting in a competitive performance against the Vikings is worst case scenario for me.

We need a humiliating defeat followed by a fire sale in advance of the trade deadline.

Agreed 

To bad though even if humiliated. The Skins won't fire Bruce or trade Williams. They also won't start Haskins the following week. This organization is a ****ing joke period. There is no direction and the front office seems like it's content with losing. 

3 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Sadly, putting in a competitive performance against the Vikings is worst case scenario for me.

We need a humiliating defeat followed by a fire sale in advance of the trade deadline.

You should change your username to IM NOT A SKINS FAN '74..that would be cool LOL

1 hour ago, DJHJR86 said:

43 TDs to 13 INTs since joining the Vikings.  You can call him names and say he's not clutch, but this stupid narrative that he's Rex Grossman needs to end.  

So does hoping for the players who make up the Redskins team to get annihilated every game day...its obvious kirk is a much better qb than Rex Grossman 

5 hours ago, FrFan said:

Since Kirk Left !

"DID YOU KNOW THAT SINCE COUSINS HAS LEFT WASHINGTON, THE REDSKINS HAVE PLAYED SIX DIFFERENT QUARTERBACKS??

SIX!!! They’ve had five different starters and whenever Dwayne Haskins gets his first NFL start, that will make a half dozen starting quarterbacks in less than two years.

Perhaps it’s just coincidence? Perhaps it’s karma and those football gods shaking their finger at the executive branch?

In those 23 games with Minnesota, Kirk Cousins & the Vikings have a (13-9-1) record. He’s (557-795) which is an outstanding 70.1% completion rate. Cousins has thrown for 6,009 yards with a 43- 13 touchdown to interception ratio. He’s averaging 7.6 yards per attempt, 7.9 adjusted yards per pass attempt, 10.8 yards per pass completion, 261.3 yards per game (just one-tenth of a yard below what he averaged in Washington, 261.4 career). Cousins has a 103.2 quarterback rating."

Archived