Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coaching Wars Episode VII - The Shanny Strikes Back aka Skins vs 9ers Game Day Thread

TK

2 minutes ago, carex said:

what's wrong with runs

Well bud, we scored zero points while having a near-ideal performance from AP considering the defense we were playing, and it coincided with our own defense actually being stout. And yet....zero points. That might be part of what's wrong. 

4 minutes ago, carex said:

what's wrong with runs

Nothing, when they're working. Outside of a couple later runs, our running game was basically shut down after our first drive. But we still kept doing the exact same thing. Run run shovel pass punt. Run run run punt. Run run incompletion punt. Run run sack punt. 

1 minute ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

wow.  you don't even realize how much the field & weather had to do with that.  You're gonna be all shades of dissapointed/surprised when Minnesota puts up 400 yards and 30 points on this bad defense on Thursday.

Wow. We're we born yesterday? I've seen skins give up more in worse weather conditions in just the last few years. Why is the rainy weather suddenly an excuse? Give credit where credit is due.

Callahan is an idiot. Running two straight times on that last possession was truly idiotic. A. Doesn’t know his defense or the moron coaching his defense who will inevitably give up a long drive and long 3rd down conversions.  B. It burnt clock, made the game shorter.  

I’m really sick of these coaches with their own “style” that they force on their team no matter the personnel.  Hereally felt they might score more than 3 points like that?

All Callahan deserves credit for is shortening the game and making the final score less hideous.  

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

There’s something between 12 passes in an entire game and airing it out.

we were sacked three times.  That brings it up 15 pass plays for the game and 20% of them resulting in sacks.  Add in the weather

4 minutes ago, mike42 said:

Wow. We're we born yesterday? I've seen skins give up more in worse weather conditions in just the last few years. Why is the rainy weather suddenly an excuse? Give credit where credit is due.

they were ok.  lets see what they do against minnesota thur.  that same defense, on a field that is NOT a slip n slide, will get ambushed. 400 yds , 30 + points.  stop with the defense talk.

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Well bud, we scored zero points while having a near-ideal performance from AP considering the defense we were playing, and it coincided with our own defense actually being stout. And yet....zero points. That might be part of what's wrong. 

So why did it work for the Niners? They stuck to the run game, didn't do anything fancy. Oh yeah, Case got out played by Jimmy G.

we were sacked three times.  That brings it up 15 pass plays for the game and 20% of them resulting in sacks.  Add in the weather

Zero points. Other than the fumble, you couldn't have expected a better game from AP. The defense held a top team to 9 entire points through four quarters. 

Zero points. You have no criticisms?

6 minutes ago, randyjohnson said:

Offense was offensive I know the rain but come on at least try some short passing. Or shuttles on first down too predictable

I never ceased to be amazed at how this team consistently manages to find the most predictable, conservative, uninspiring offensive play callers and coaches. The only exception to that was when McVay took over play calling duties and then of course he left at the first opportunity. 

5 minutes ago, #BgMase76# said:

So why did it work for the Niners? They stuck to the run game, didn't do anything fancy. Oh yeah, Case got out played by Jimmy G.

Because the Niners have a coach who can adjust, changes up formations and plays (even if they seem to look similar, they aren't), and plays to the strengths of the guys who he has on the field. Their run game today and ours were completely different. Ours was simply the same thing over and over again from the same couple of formations over and over again and theirs had plenty of different looks and wrinkles. 

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

Zero points. Other than the fumble, you couldn't have expected a better game from AP. The defense held a top team to 9 entire points through four quarters. 

Zero points. You have no criticisms?

Hopkins missing the 39 yarder, Morgan Moses losing the snap count on that one pass, Paul Richardson letting the ball go right between his hands, and that IDIOT official

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

I never ceased to be amazed at how this team consistently manages to find the most predictable, conservative, uninspiring offensive play callers and coaches. The only exception to that was when McVay took over play calling duties and then of course he left at the first opportunity. 

That's where i am. Wanna know how autonomous KOC is in playcalling. The screen for a first used their aggressiveness against them. The play where Smallwood moved up closer to the LOS and he hit Quinn showed thought but other than that i saw nothing inspiring. 

Hopkins missing the 39 yarder, Morgan Moses losing the snap count on that one pass, Paul Richardson letting the ball go right between his hands, and that IDIOT official

What does this have to do with anything at all. Every play that doesn't result in a TD has something go wrong on some level. You can find individual faults even on successful plays, it doesn't explain away an entire failure of a game. 

Unless these were your criticisms that you're listing, in which case...I'm glad you have some, I guess. 

Archived