Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coaching Wars Episode VII - The Shanny Strikes Back aka Skins vs 9ers Game Day Thread

TK

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

They just aren't very good, man. And their coaching isn't either for the most part. It's not deeper than that, we don't have a bunch of dudes who could be studs if they weren't lazy, they are fighting for jobs and bigger contracts every day. They just aren't that good.

If I underperformed the same way most of this team does on a weekly basis, then I wouldn’t have a job. That’s what should happen if you’re not good at what you do.

Just now, mistertim said:

I think it's a combination of Keenum not being completely healthy, the 49ers defense being really good, the weather being really bad, and Callahan being a horribly conservative and predictable coach.

If Case is not healthy he shouldn't be playing, period.  You going to tell me Haskins couldn't handle handing the ball off 25-30 times and attempting a few passes only when the down & distance absolutely required it?  The play book today by Callahan has been minimalist at best. In fact you can almost suggest he is calling plays as if a rookie QB is under center to begin with.

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

This game was projected to be a blow out. 

It was a 1 possession game for 75% of it, but Callahan's unwillingness to take some risks in order to actually snatch the game from a better team sealed the results a long time ago. 

I think a ton of that is due to the weather. I don't think this game would have been nearly this close otherwise.

Just now, Fred Jones said:

Don't go bashing Jimmy M, probably a pro bowl level TE caught a pass on him.  Not like anyone else in the secondary today has stopped the guy.

Probably? Kittle broke the NFL record for receiving yards just last season! Defintely pro bowl level TE

2 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Like someone else mentioned, I guess San Fran is so perfect they never hold.  I mean granted they don’t do many things to kill themselves like we do...

Listen to some of our fans. Last week we didn’t have a holding call and we were perfect. *shrug*

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

So...you want to go into the draft with a likely high pick and NO idea what we really have in Haskins?? 

What the **** is the point of staying with Keenum all season if this is what we're getting (aka nothing)? Start Haskins after the bye is the obvious answer.

I think they’re probably waiting til after the Minny game. Short week so you give DH 10 days to prep, see how he does then you have another two weeks before the next game.

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Oh yes he does.  Because how else are you going to develop him?  

Going 1-15 with Keenum playing QB is pointless.

when the coaches, like me, know that their 1st round QB cant play in the NFL, there's no hope/reason/point in playing him.  just because a moron named Dan Snyder who watches/studies/understands NOTHING about college QB gameplay forced the team to do something it didnt want to do, draft a guy in the 1st round even though he wont succeed at the NFL level, doesnt mean that these coaches now have to puposely have no chance by playing their worst option at QB.  many of these coaches dont care if they are back in this stinkin' place next year or not.

Too much dependence on the defense today. The running game was working but it seems AP is going to fumble if you give him the ball too much. Again, that last drive was important. You get past the sticks on 3rd down and try to continue the drive. ****ing run play with off coverage. Sheesh!!!!

4 minutes ago, Mpvanskins said:

If I underperformed the same way most of this team does on a weekly basis, then I wouldn’t have a job. That’s what should happen if you’re not good at what you do.

I don't think you understand how sports work. There are only so many guys on earth good enough to be in the league. Having the bottom of the barrel doesn't mean there aren't tons even worse. You would end up not fielding a team at all, there aren't just studs out there magically waiting to be called upon. 

Edit: And just to be even clearer, you'd be fired for equally bad performance in whatever your field is because you are extremely replaceable in comparison. Most people are, it's not a dig at you. The market for pro athletes is totally different and even the bad ones are still top 1%. 

Archived