Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Holders Mutiny

Gellnasty

Ok so the thread name was to get you here.. I am not asking you to give up your STH or even stop going that is your prerogative. 

But... As STH I believe that we do need to email our Ticket Reps and demand that it is known that we are not happy. Bruce Allen is ruining this franchise and we shouldn't stand back and let him do it. I know the ticket reps are not going to be able to do anything and it probably woln't go anywhere but I am at the point where it is hard to justify spending my hard earned money on this team to go and get heckled in my own section by opposing team fans. I am tired of watching other team fans walk into our stadium and tell us to deal with it. #FireBruceAllen has to happen! Dan needs to know that his customers which are his fans are not happy and woln't stand for it anymore. 

If it's a ticket rep, or just someone that works in the front office please let your voice be heard.. We are at an all time low!

Money talks.  The best way to send a message is to give up your season tickets and tell them why you are doing so.

I am (was?) a lifelong fan.  55 years old.  Been rooting for the B&G since 1970.  I actually had joined this board a decade ago because I was so frustrated with Snyder back then, but I was appalled by the amount of support and fans that came to his defense back then so I gave up and stopped posting.  I've come back to commiserate with all you who are disappointed and frustrated like me, and I see that all the Snyder supporters have disappeared.

BTW- when my friend and family chat about the Skins with me and how they feel sorry for me rooting for a loser for so many years I tell them I turned  my fan card in years ago and now actually find joy in seeing them lose.  At this point the only way I see the Skins ever turning things around for the long term is if Snyder sells the team and sadly that's not going to happen, and since he and I are about the same age if I outlive him I will be an old man by then.

1 hour ago, ananoman said:

Money talks.  The best way to send a message is to give up your season tickets and tell them why you are doing so.

I am (was?) a lifelong fan.  55 years old.  Been rooting for the B&G since 1970.  I actually had joined this board a decade ago because I was so frustrated with Snyder back then, but I was appalled by the amount of support and fans that came to his defense back then so I gave up and stopped posting.  I've come back to commiserate with all you who are disappointed and frustrated like me, and I see that all the Snyder supporters have disappeared.

BTW- when my friend and family chat about the Skins with me and how they feel sorry for me rooting for a loser for so many years I tell them I turned  my fan card in years ago and now actually find joy in seeing them lose.  At this point the only way I see the Skins ever turning things around for the long term is if Snyder sells the team and sadly that's not going to happen, and since he and I are about the same age if I outlive him I will be an old man by then.

In the same boat.  Same age, became a fan in 1971.  Now actively root against the team and I'm happy when they (Dan and Bruce) suffer humiliating defeats, especially at "home" when it's filled with opposing fans.

I come here to vent as well but I've moved on from the organization.  I watch some NFL football, but much less than I used to.  Now i watch games played by competitive teams.

Snyder is all about the money. As long as he can fill seats, sell concessions, and eventually sell the team for mega bucks, that's the bottom line for him. Once the fanbase falls below the line to prevent blackout game, then he might pay attention. It's why Bruce Allen is still here, because he's supposedly a money guy. 

1 hour ago, Gellnasty said:

Ok so the thread name was to get you here.. I am not asking you to give up your STH or even stop going that is your prerogative. 

But... As STH I believe that we do need to email our Ticket Reps and demand that it is known that we are not happy. Bruce Allen is ruining this franchise and we shouldn't stand back and let him do it. I know the ticket reps are not going to be able to do anything and it probably woln't go anywhere but I am at the point where it is hard to justify spending my hard earned money on this team to go and get heckled in my own section by opposing team fans. I am tired of watching other team fans walk into our stadium and tell us to deal with it. #FireBruceAllen has to happen! Dan needs to know that his customers which are his fans are not happy and woln't stand for it anymore. 

If it's a ticket rep, or just someone that works in the front office please let your voice be heard.. We are at an all time low!

If it helps, when I dropped my season tickets last season a rep called me and tried to get me to re-new.  I told her I had no interest in seeing the Redskins play anymore.  She asked why and I replied simply, "Has Bruce been fired yet?"  Her response was a laugh and "Heard that one a few times."

So they're aware.

I mean honestly... STH tell me that this comment didnt trigger you... “Many of our fans put their tickets on the second market and made some money

Basically blaming the fans for selling tickets... NO BRUCE ITS YOUR FAULT...

One of the most clueless, tone-deaf, asinine things he's ever said, which is saying a helluva lot. What an absolute piece of ****. 

5 hours ago, Gellnasty said:

I mean honestly... STH tell me that this comment didnt trigger you... “Many of our fans put their tickets on the second market and made some money

Basically blaming the fans for selling tickets... NO BRUCE ITS YOUR FAULT...

THIS !!!!

Damn right I put my tickets on stubhub and was able to get face value. So for me it felt like I did a little "Winning off the field"

You couldn't pay me to go back there this year after the total S show they put on for the Dallas and Chicago games.

Furthermore, on gameday people are coming to the stadium... be prepared you morons !!!

it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to get a beverage and snack. I spent 30 minutes in line to accomplish this task. With a little more than 5 min to go in the second quarter of the Dallas game I got in line to avoid the lines of shirtbag Dallas fans at the half and didn't get back to my seat until 10 min to go in the third quarter. That isn't the first time that has happened over the last couple of seasons too. Just a microcosm of the way things at Fedex.

I actually took a little pleasure in knowing that some Pats fan got an opportunity to experience the worst gameday experience in the league.

Suck it Danny ! I hope your yacht sinks with you and Bruce in it. You should be ashamed of what you have done to this franchise and what is left of its fans,

How many season ticket holders are there left?  I honestly don't think there are that many.   I cancelled my tickets this year after 20 years.  And I too went off on the ticket rep that I was cancelling not because of the parking or the crappy food or the lines, but because of Bruce Allen.   Also, it's not because I don't really intend on attending any games (although I haven't yet this year, but because I can get seats game by game in my exact section for a fraction of the price).  In early September they sent me one of the season ticket boxes with the license plate holder, except minus the tickets.  Apparently they ordered way too many of those earlier in the summer and they were piling up.  

The whole thing with Bruce Allen saying that Redskins fans chose to sell their season tickets isn't really accurate, even if some did.   There are tens of thousands of tickets available on the primary market.   Who does he think he's fooling?   Here's the thing:  the organization has known exactly how many season ticket holders it's lost over the years as the fans are unhappy and are walking away in droves. and the team still hasn't changed anything by hiring a competent front office.  That's a red flag.  They make most their money from TV contracts along with the rest of the league so it doesn't hurt them financially.   But the real reason is Allen is able to convince Snyder that "we're close," that the losses are because of some key injuries and bad luck, and that once the team starts winning again, the fans will come back.  

7 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Snyder is all about the money. As long as he can fill seats, sell concessions, and eventually sell the team for mega bucks, that's the bottom line for him. Once the fanbase falls below the line to prevent blackout game, then he might pay attention. It's why Bruce Allen is still here, because he's supposedly a money guy. 

Blackout suspension (started in 2015) has continued for 2019. I believe the fans have got to do something in the way of hurting Snyder monetarily so that he gets the message that we need a GM other than Allen. Hopefully one that's sober this time. No excuses. Go ahead and keep Allen for the stadium, Harvest Fest etc. but please give us what we had back in the glory days... a GM who knew a little about football personnel. it's been 20 long years and all we've had are 2 bumble heads running the FO. That's just 4 winning seasons with 4 50-50's. It's all we've been asking for, and year after freakin' year this owner keeps breaking our hearts. 

1 hour ago, Coach Janky Spanky said:

How many season ticket holders are there left?  I honestly don't think there are that many. 

Unless someone has seats in the 200s, I don't see why anyone would purchase season tickets from the team at this point.

Now that we've gotten some high-demand teams out of the way, I'm looking forward to the Redskins giving us attendance numbers of 70K when anyone who goes will know that's not the case. Starting with the 49ers in a couple weeks. Yes, SF is playing well so far this season and I'm sure there are fans left over from their glory years of the 80s and 90s. You'll have a lot of 49ers fans there on the lower level visitors side, but not enough to help fill the stadium like Cowboys and Patriots fans did. 

My family originally bought four season tickets in 1963, nosebleed section. Through the years, they bought two more, different section. My mom still liked attending until they built the new stadium and the tickets were still in nosebleed section and she was too ill to go. My brother sold the rest of the 1997 tickets and gave them up for 1998. 

I watch the games on TV, but I am not too interested now since I moved to Texas, we don't get many Redskins games here.

It's strange to see so many fans of the other team in the stands.

10 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

That's the problem, you cant if other teams fans fill the stadium.  The prices for Pat's game didnt come down because Pat's fans kept buying them.  There could be no Redskins fans, it wont stop this if these takeovers havent already

Give up your season tickets and someone will buy them hoping to resell them.

Some of these people have had these tickets in the family for decades, so I understand not being willing to lose them.  It's a hard decision and I blame no one for continuing to buy them.

Honestly, I hope that all season ticket holders resell them to opposing fans until Dan is so embarrassed that he actually does something, up to, and including, selling the team.  My biggest fear is that he sells to some woke SJW who immediately changes the name.

1 hour ago, sempre_victrix said:

Give up your season tickets and someone will buy them hoping to resell them.

Some of these people have had these tickets in the family for decades, so I understand not being willing to lose them.  It's a hard decision and I blame no one for continuing to buy them.

Honestly, I hope that all season ticket holders resell them to opposing fans until Dan is so embarrassed that he actually does something, up to, and including, selling the team.  My biggest fear is that he sells to some woke SJW who immediately changes the name.

At this point give me a consistent winning team and a full stadium of Skins fans and a name change might be worth it.

Do you have his email? I will send one too. 

I never like to post someones email, but lets just say Redskins use this for there emails.   LastNameF      (So Lastname then the first letter of their firstname)   @Redskins.com

On 10/8/2019 at 10:46 AM, Dissident2 said:

One of the most clueless, tone-deaf, asinine things he's ever said, which is saying a helluva lot. What an absolute piece of ****. 

Yes it is, and the press needed to follow up by asking why so many fans would want to sell their tickets with such a high profile team coming in that we rarely get to see in DC. We need a hero in the press, or more than one. Bruce is getting off too easy with these bullsh*t answers that he gives. Once the media hears that Bruce is gonna speak they need to be ready to make him feel like the most embarrassed man in the world. This media needs to step up and do more, like Scott Van Pelt did. 

Considering people who come to Redskins forums would be considered a hardcore fan, I'm shocked that anyone on this forum is a season ticket holder.  After hearing that press conference on Monday, I simply cannot comprehend why one would give 10 games worth of ticket money to this organization.  It just does not compute.

Archived