Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

People choose interesting hills to die on.

I had bet a few A&M friends that my meager salary would be more than "Junkie Football"'s NFL salary within 5 years;  a bold bet in its day as he had just won the Heisman.  They refuse to accept defeat under the pretense that Manziel will "rise again" in some near future to the NFL.  The denial there was strong as he also had major mental issues and additional clear substance issues going on.

3 hours ago, Ashburn Dave said:

This constant back and forth over one player is another reason why this team is quickly becoming an afterthought in my household.

Weird comment, it’s fully within your self control whether to come in here or not. It’s a lost rebuilding season and our recent 1st round QB seems to be a monumental bust. That’s gonna get the majority of attention in any fanbase.

On 10/23/2020 at 5:38 PM, GOATFrerotte said:

I think he's right, he's worth more to us than any other team. Which isn't a good thing. It's almost like we have to play him and see if he can showcase some talent for trade value otherwise we are either stuck with him or have to release him. Have you ever seen a quarterback with such little value have as much supporters as Haskins? He's treated like a Lamar Jackson or Patrick Mahomes by the media and his fans. 

Are you new here? 🙂   C'mon QB bromances are the heartbeat of this teams fandom!  So yes, there are about 20 of them that have come through here. I remember not too long ago that a few people had convinced themselves that John Beck was what we needed to get to the SB!!  No really! It happened right here! Cult of Colt anyone (Brennan not McCoy but yea him too!) ??  How about Babe Laufenberg during his 1st, 2nd and 3rd stints!!!  

So yea, I have seen it a lot! Should not be a surprise anymore. 

15 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Are you new here? 🙂   C'mon QB bromances are the heartbeat of this teams fandom!  So yes, there are about 20 of them that have come through here. I remember not too long ago that a few people had convinced themselves that John Beck was what we needed to get to the SB!!  No really! It happened right here! Cult of Colt anyone (Brennan not McCoy but yea him too!) ??  How about Babe Laufenberg during his 1st, 2nd and 3rd stints!!!  

I understand qbs have had their supporters. I just haven't seen the mass support of a qb with such little value like this before with the media and fans. Like no one cared if we benched John Beck or didn't play colt brennan other than some hardcore Redskins fans. I've been around for most of Dany Snyder era qbs and this is different. RG3 fandom was nuts, but he actually had value after his 2012 season. 

14 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

During the lockdown I watched a lot of old games. I was reminded of just how many young players fooled us, we see a 6th round LB making plays in preseason or a freshman forward showing some skills and get fooled into thinking "man in a year or 2 he can be really good". They rarely turn out that way. 

3 minutes ago, GOATFrerotte said:

I understand qbs have had their supporters. I just haven't seen the mass support of a qb with such little value like this before with the media and fans. Like no one cared if we benched John Beck or didn't play colt brennan other than some hardcore Redskins fans. I've been around for most of Dany Snyder era qbs and this is different. RG3 fandom was nuts, but he actually had value after his 2012 season. 

You and I have slightly different memories of those times. I remember people losing their **** of Beck. Maybe not as many but way more than there should have been. There was antire Cult of Colt thread where people were so angry the team would not give him a chance. 

But assuming you are right and this is bigger - I think it's becasue he was a 1st rd pick and he showed some promise a few times. There is also the hunger factor. This fan base is so hungry for a franchise QB that anybody that throws a TD pass for us could be the guy. 

I still maintain Haskins is hurting him more than his physicals. The issues he has could be coached out if he would work hard enough on them. But he seems uninterested in working hard. 

On to the next guy for me! I never wanted him - but had some hope for him at the end of last year. I was really hopeful he would make the leap needed. But he showed no progression whatsoever and if anything slide backwards. You add the immaturity issues and he is so not worth it. 

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

You and I have slightly different memories of those times. I remember people losing their **** of Beck. Maybe not as many but way more than there should have been. There was antire Cult of Colt thread where people were so angry the team would not give him a chance

There was also the Church of Chase.  Though I think that was created with the sole intent of pissing off the Cult of Colt DingDongs.  

There was a silly thread name for the John Beck thread, I think.  But I can’t remember what it was.  I do remember thinking the John Beck hype was somewhat unbelievable. 

16 minutes ago, GOATFrerotte said:

RG3 fandom was nuts, but he actually had value after his 2012 season. 

This - I hate the rg3 / Simba comparison - RG3 gave us the most magical NFL year of my adult life.  For that season, we were the most exciting team in football, we played an insanely fun, electrifying style of football - the sky was the limit.  I hated the idea of switching to Cousins because I did not want to give up that Read Option style of football and that dream I had of havint this unique and fun player to cheer for.  We all know how it ends, but I keep my RG3 jerseys because that 2012 season was honestly the most fun I had with NFL football since I was a child.  I do think RG is the perfect backup for Lamar, and still has value in this league.

Contrast Simba who clearly didnt want to even be drafted here, has played a boring style of bad football and had numerous off the field issues.  I dont see it being any comparison at all.

2 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

This - I hate the rg3 / Simba comparison - RG3 gave us the most magical NFL year of my adult life.  For that season, we were the most exciting team in football, we played an insanely fun, electrifying style of football - the sky was the limit.  I hated the idea of switching to Cousins because I did not want to give up that Read Option style of football and that dream I had of havint this unique and fun player to cheer for.  We all know how it ends, but I keep my RG3 jerseys because that 2012 season was honestly the most fun I had with NFL football since I was a child.  I do think RG is the perfect backup for Lamar, and still has value in this league.

Contrast Simba who clearly didnt want to even be drafted here, has played a boring style of bad football and had numerous off the field issues.  I dont see it being any comparison at all.

Agree with all this. 2012 was the best year of my Washington fandom. We would have beat Seattle if his knee didn't fall apart. 😒

18 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

Yeah, I still have a bit of a soft spot for RG3sus.  Don't get me wrong, I wasn't defending him when it all went down and he was ran outta town, it was all for things he brought on himself.  I hated his stupid little sayings, that dumb passive aggressive move where he left the note in the locker was stupid.

But he gave us one year of amazing football and reminded how fun it can be.

Haskins sucks, get rid of him.

Game recognizes game. Terry McLaurin is a hard working, study all day kind of self made man that was never catered to by his coaches as the best thing since sliced bread. Nothing was given to him. He had to earn his respect and playing time the old fashioned way.  

I suspect he sees a lot of the same qualities in Kyle Allen.

McLaurin on Kyle Allen following today’s victory:  “Kyle gives energy to the whole offense,” McLaurin said. “The confidence that we have in him is — it can’t be measured. The way he comes in each and every week, he’s talking to us on our pregame, first 15 plays. On Saturdays, just giving us pep talks, seeing what he’s seeing. He’s very vocal with the receivers so we know what page he’s trying to be on and I can’t state enough how much he knows this offense and gives comfortability for everyone.”

Was McLaurin ever this effusive and detailed in his comments on Simba?

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/terry-mclaurin-says-chemistry-kyle-allen-only-going-continue

49 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Game recognizes game. Terry McLaurin is a hard working, study all day kind of self made man that was never catered to by his coaches as the best thing since sliced bread. Nothing was given to him. He had to earn his respect and playing time the old fashioned way.  

I suspect he sees a lot of the same qualities in Kyle Allen.

McLaurin on Kyle Allen following today’s victory:  “Kyle gives energy to the whole offense,” McLaurin said. “The confidence that we have in him is — it can’t be measured. The way he comes in each and every week, he’s talking to us on our pregame, first 15 plays. On Saturdays, just giving us pep talks, seeing what he’s seeing. He’s very vocal with the receivers so we know what page he’s trying to be on and I can’t state enough how much he knows this offense and gives comfortability for everyone.”

Was McLaurin ever this effusive and detailed in his comments on Simba?

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/terry-mclaurin-says-chemistry-kyle-allen-only-going-continue

And the way Terry spoke post game in the locker room. Called himself just one of the young guys acknowledge he’s not even a team captain or anything then proceeded with his speech. Best playmaker on the team. A true pro and yet he remains so humble and doesn’t step on any toes. Same college as Haskins. Same years in the league. Such a contrast of how to do and how not do life in the NFL. 

Archived