Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

I think people are overblowing Haskins two good games last year near the end of the season against the Eagles and Giants. Actually it was more like 1.5 since he got hurt in one of them. Yes he played well, but even guys like Campbell and Ramsey had good games and even stretches of good games.

We just didn't see progression from Haskins. That, coupled with the bad attitude and the fact that he wasn't drafted by this regime, explains the short leash and benching.

I think some of y'all are overanalyzing/reaching.

Just now, KDawg said:

But, I assure you I’m not making anything up. Lock was rated one spot above Haskins after last season. So... you’re spinning the narrative. I assure you I have pulled nothing from my hind parts.

Drew Lock PFF Grade:

2019 - 58.1

2020 - 42.7

Dwayne Haskins PFF Grade:

2019 - 67.9

2020 - 46.7

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I think people are overblowing Haskins two good games last year near the end of the season against the Eagles and Giants. Actually it was more like 1.5 since he got hurt in one of them. Yes he played well, but even guys like Campbell and Ramsey had good games and even stretches of good games.

We just didn't see progression from Haskins. That, coupled with the bad attitude and the fact that he wasn't drafted by this regime, explains the short leash and benching.

I think some of y'all are overanalyzing/reaching.

You forgot the slander...MY GOD THE SLANDER!!!

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

Honest question, how did you expect this season to go ?

It’s not the season. It’s the way he is managing the team that baffles me. The waffling on development year vs. winning the division. The “I’m not using timeouts because I want to protect my players”. The Kyle Allen is cleared but I don’t want to send him in harms way while my Alex Smith is in the gauntlet ice cold. The QB circus.

Forgive me but it is not what I would  expect from an NFL head coach. I’d like him to step back if his health is the root of  his decision making and team management. 

4 minutes ago, pico926 said:

KOC as head coach. That would have been a great move. Instead we get a retread that couldn’t cut it in Carolina and his unproven OC with no clue.

we did a new coach last time, that failed.  In fact we did a fairly young offensive minded coach last time.  We were not going the same way again, immediately after,

In fact, if you notice a pattern, Scottenheimer, Spurrier, Gibbs, Zorn, Shanahan, Gruden, Rivera.  Veteran NFL head coach, new NFL head coach

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

No one has ever worked their way out of third string to starter?

not during the season, to my knowledge

4 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

You can say that all you want and you can quote madden. I'm just telling you what we discussed on here and what we believed. If Campbell had a structure around him I think he could have developed much better.

I remember how so many of his games went.  We go into the half trailing by two scores, beginning of the third D is playing well, and he gets us to within one score.  All it takes is the defense playing like it was at the beginning of the half force a short drive and we can tie it up.  Defense proceeds to give up a ten minute drive for a TD and we've got six or eight minutes to get two scores.  That was why so many of his stats were supposedly "garbage time" 

6 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Haskins is actually graded higher than Lock this season, and was significantly ahead last year.

Sam understands Haskins will never have a chance for success in this organization.  He recently wrote an article about it.  That doesn't mean he thinks Haskins will never be successful.  Far from it... he was pumping up Haskins all offseason.

Jesus. Drew played one game this year against the AFC conference finalists. 

Stop. Just stop.

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Haskins is actually graded higher than Lock this season, and was significantly ahead last year.

Sam understands Haskins will never have a chance for success in this organization.  He recently wrote an article about it.  That doesn't mean he thinks Haskins will never be successful.  Far from it... he was pumping up Haskins all offseason.

PFF clearly showed that Haskins was one of the better rookies ladt year.  This point is not debatable.

Now, he clearly regressed this year.  Somebody with an eye on analytics would have allowed Haskins to show growth.  46.7 which is much worse than last year, which I recall was in the 60's.  Who's at fault?  IMO, the offensive coordinator is no good.  Look at the crap offense today.  You should rank Alex Smith PFF score in the teens.

2 minutes ago, pico926 said:

It’s not the season. It’s the way he is managing the team that baffles me. The waffling on development year vs. winning the division. The “I’m not using timeouts because I want to protect my players”. The Kyle Allen is cleared but I don’t want to send him in harms way while my Alex Smith is in the gauntlet ice cold. The QB circus.

Forgive me but it is not what I would  expect from an NFL head coach. I’d like him to step back if his health is the root of  his decision making and team management. 

Everyone has created their own narrative about what is going on and the reality is he wants to win games but he's painfully aware that this team isn't going to win many. He's in full-on evaluation mode and I don't think wins are his priority right now. Kyle Allen clearly wasn't all there and he took the precautionary measures of keeping him out after that brutal hit and how poor the line had been playing. He made a humane decision and gave Alex an opportunity. He already said he's going back to Allen. I don't see what the problem is. 

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to check it.

Google "Haskins PFF grade" or "Lock PFF grade" and go check yourself.

This was the article I had read. It is not a grade so I do stand corrected:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-quarterback-rankings-all-32-starters-entering-the-2020-nfl-season

But he WAS ranked higher. 

Just now, redskins59 said:

PFF clearly showed that Haskins was one of the better rookies ladt year.  This point is not debatable.

Now, he clearly regressed this year.  Somebody with an eye on analytics would have allowed Haskins to show growth.  46.7 which is much worse than last year, which I recall was in the 60's.  Who's at fault?  IMO, the offensive coordinator is no good.  Look at the crap offense today.  You should rank Alex Smith PFF score in the teens.

It's insane how little people understand the difficulty of learning a new scheme.  Haskins' PFF grade improved throughout 2019, and likely would have done the same this year.  But people are so damn impatient and would rather see Alex Smith check down to the RB on those few plays he's not getting sacked.  Or see the player with the highest turnover rate in 2019 play over seeing if our 1st round pick can improve like he did last year.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

This was the article I had read. It is not a grade so I do stand corrected:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-quarterback-rankings-all-32-starters-entering-the-2020-nfl-season

But he WAS ranked higher. 

1) You do know how tiers work, right?

2) I don't care about the 2020 projections from one PFF analyst.  I care about the actual PFF grades, where multiple analysts have input on the initial grading, followed by a stringent review process.

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

1) You do know how tiers work, right?

2) I don't care about the 2020 projections from one PFF analyst.  I care about the actual PFF grades, where multiple analysts have input on the initial grading, followed by a stringent review process.

You’re an angry person on this thread... Has anyone ever told you that?

I didn’t say that because you care. I know you don’t. You don’t want to hear anything other than your input and have yet to admit to any fault in your logic. You don’t have to explain that to me.

You like Haskins and don’t like Rivera and nothing will sway you. We get it.

Archived