Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Look, if Zampese and Rivera change their mind and say Haskins is burning it in practice or whatever, I'd change my mind.

IT COMES DOWN TO WORK ETHIC AND DEMONSTRABLE IMPROVEMENT.

Just wanted to make sure everyone reads this.

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

But it's not just Lock and Sweat. It's Lock, Sweat, and one of Pittman, Shenault, Kristan Fulton, etc.

Well, Cousins did. And he was at least decent. Haskins has not shown the work necessary--until there is concrete evidence of this, there is nothing really else.

So all QB's follow the same growth trajectory?

He showed enough last year.  There was a game last year where he had a perfect QB rating for a while.

He regressed this year under a new system.  They didn't allow him to grow.

IMO, we should have made KOC the head coach

1 minute ago, redskins59 said:

He showed enough last year.  There was a game last year where he had a perfect QB rating for a while.

Mildly Flabbergasted [Coming to America]

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

Yeah, I'll take the analysts at PFF's eyes over yours as well.

You say that but any stat they come up with that discredits Haskins and you’re an expert. 

You running down my analysis doesn’t hurt my feelings, by the way. People disagree. 

And quite frankly I’d rather not be in agreement with you.

1 minute ago, redskins59 said:

KOC as head coach. That would have been a great move. Instead we get a retread that couldn’t cut it in Carolina and his unproven OC with no clue.

26 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

That's what we did every day on here in the 2005 to 2008 years. And yes they were similar. It was a discussion on the John Riggins show and many callers said JC, many said Eli because of his risk taking. Remember Tiki said Eli would never win as ring. 

I remember but I also remember watching Jason Candle. He was never NFL starter material. I vividly remember a game where John Madden spoke about how Jason had the fewest passes between the hash marks over ten yards of any QB in the league. Jason and Eli were nothing alike. It’s an absurd comparison. 

20 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I agree but to me it screams that it goes beyond just his play. 

Occum's razor says that it's much simpler than these rumors suggest. It was probably discussion about the playcalling and the 4th and 13 and maybe the sack. 

Rivers said he'd defend people who do what he asks but not people who do it their way. My guess is that they wanted certain things from Haskins on those plays but didn't get them. They probably asked him about it and told him the correct read and he disagrees. 

Who knows, maybe the Dad O and Chris Cooley film discussion is something else discussed, or the missing guys deep. 

But normally it's something like Cleveland where Ron defends him, he disagrees, then watched film and corrects himself. Why the change? 

I think he felt he made the right plays this game. 

1 minute ago, pico926 said:

KOC as head coach. That would have been a great move. Instead we get a retread that couldn’t cut it in Carolina and his unproven OC with no clue.

Everybody needs to watch this you tube video, I think, by Samuel Gold, that clearly shows the progress Haskins made last year.

Yeah, I'll take the analysts at PFF's eyes over yours as well.

PFF ranked Lock a spot ahead of Haskins this year but Lock has barely played.  PFF liked Haskins better last year. 

PFF the same outfit that has Sam Monson go on DC radio suggesting Haskins likely won't be successful and they should draft a QB high in this coming draft. 

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

You say that but any stat they come up with that discredits Haskins and you’re an expert. 

Lol, you love pulling **** out of your ass.  Would love to see an example of that.

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

You running down my analysis doesn’t hurt my feelings, by the way. People disagree. 

Ah, so now you want to take the "mature route" after insinuating my take is so bad that I need glasses.  How big of you.

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

And quite frankly I’d rather not be in agreement with you.

I'm very happy that we often disagree.  Call it a sense-check.

9 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

IT COMES DOWN TO WORK ETHIC AND DEMONSTRABLE IMPROVEMENT.

Just wanted to make sure everyone reads this.

since when do third string QBs do a damn thing in practice?  Hell, our third stringer shouldn't even be leading the scout team since we have a practice squad QB.

He's not in a position to show work ethic or demonstrable improve

1 minute ago, skins4eva said:

I remember but I also remember watching Jason Candle. He was never NFL starter material. I vividly remember a game where John Madden spoke about how Jason had the fewest passes between the hash marks over ten yards of any QB in the league. Jason and Eli were nothing alike. It’s an absurd comparison. 

You can say that all you want and you can quote madden. I'm just telling you what we discussed on here and what we believed. If Campbell had a structure around him I think he could have developed much better.

Lol, you love pulling **** out of your ass.  Would love to see an example of that.

Ah, so now you want to take the "mature route" after insinuating my take is so bad that I need glasses.  How big of you.

I'm very happy that we often disagree.  Call it a sense-check.

I said it in jest, to be honest. You know... a little “glasses” comment when someone says they used the eye test? It’s an oldie but a goodie.

But, I assure you I’m not making anything up. Lock was rated one spot above Haskins after last season. So... you’re spinning the narrative. I assure you I have pulled nothing from my hind parts.

1 minute ago, Thinking Skins said:

You can say that all you want and you can quote madden. I'm just telling you what we discussed on here and what we believed. If Campbell had a structure around him I think he could have developed much better.

That’s fine. I respectfully disagree. 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

PFF ranked Lock a spot ahead of Haskins this year but Lock has barely played.  PFF liked Haskins better last year. 

PFF the same outfit that has Sam Monson go on DC radio suggesting Haskins likely won't be successful and they should draft a QB high in this coming draft. 

Haskins is actually graded higher than Lock this season, and was significantly ahead last year.

Sam understands Haskins will never have a chance for success in this organization.  He recently wrote an article about it.  That doesn't mean he thinks Haskins will never be successful.  Far from it... he was pumping up Haskins all offseason.

Archived