Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

The beginning of what could be a horrible spiral.  A kid drafted too high without the experience and awareness to be a starting QB pushed into service before he was ready.  Plays terribly.  Doesn’t seem to want to accept responsibility for his personal poor play, gets defensive when questioned, gets benched and pouts.  Burns bridges with teammates and fails at social media and has worked his way off the team at end of season if not sooner.  He’ll get traded for a sixth round pick, spend a few years as a backup somewhere else and is out of the league in 5 years.

This narrative that Haskins is owed something is the most embarrassing part. Ron doesn’t owe him a damn thing. He gave him a chance and he couldn’t hack it, all those comments from players and people like Wilbon are ridiculous. I really hope Kyle Allen comes to play. Let’s gooooo

1 minute ago, megared said:

Or perhaps he's unfollowing someone that he suspects had something to do with the leaks.   

He unfollowed the team as well. Who cares what he thinks or who leaked what. He’s supposed to stay quiet and make zero news now if he wants to prolong his career in the NFL. Anything he does, anything he says any way he acts other than being a positive professional doing a job will cost him chances and perhaps all his chances left in the NFL. Coaches make decisions and he needs to accept it. Period.

11 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

He unfollowed the team as well. Who cares what he thinks or who leaked what. He’s supposed to stay quiet and make zero news now if he wants to prolong his career in the NFL. Anything he does, anything he says any way he acts other than being a positive professional doing a job will cost him chances and perhaps all his chances left in the NFL. Coaches make decisions and he needs to accept it. Period.

You just said there's something wrong with him unfollowing Allen.  Well what if he feels like that's who was talking to the press? 

Kind of information coming out,  would only be available via positional meetings.   Davis, and other defensive players would never be privy to how his film study goes,  because they are in their own,  for their positional groups.   

But since we're big here on running with conjecture,  figure I'd throw a theory out. 

Why wouldn't Kyle shoot his shot if the press came knocking?       

1 minute ago, megared said:

You just said there's something wrong with him unfollowing Allen.  Well what if he feels like that's who was talking to the press? 

Kind of information coming out,  would only be available via positional meetings.   Davis, and other defensive players would never be privy to how his film study goes,  because they are in their own,  for their positional groups.   

But since we're big here on running with conjecture,  figure I'd throw a theory out. 

First, who cares at this point? Second how is a public unfollowing to make himself look a an immature teenage girl helping his cause? He needs to not make news. Simple as that. 

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

First, who cares at this point? Second how is a public unfollowing to make himself look a an immature teenage girl helping his cause? He needs to not make news. Simple as that. 

Sooooooooo...he should be a drone, totally unaffected by emotions in order for your viewing experience to be better.  Got it.  

Just now, megared said:

Sooooooooo...he should be a drone, totally unaffected by emotions in order for your viewing experience to be better.  Got it.  

Not my viewing experience. This is entertainment gold. For his own sake. He’s costing himself potential opportunities. Maybe all his opportunities.

7 minutes ago, megared said:

This makes no sense. The film study that happens in positional group meetings is required, you can’t skimp on that. What Haskins is being criticized for is not putting in enough time outside those meetings like other successful players, especially QBs, do. Everyone in the building knows who comes early or stays late or posts up in a room with a computer or a tablet to watch film for extra hours, this type of thing is almost always a subplot on Hard Knocks for example, and it doesn’t only happen in a private group like the organized positional meetings do. So no, it’s not something that HAD to come from inside the QB room and in fact, that’s the only time his attention is fully accounted for surrounded by 3 other professional QBs and a QB coach, and possibly the OC and other assistants as well. That’s not where his lack of work is being seen, everyone attends those meetings, they’re mandatory. 

So, if Ron was “testing” Dwayne, I take it he’s failed.

Just a few random thoughts...

I find it weird that folks are out there checking for follows.

I also find it weird how dramatic some folks are being about this.  I really can’t comprehend the mental gymnastics it requires to believe this some conspiracy against Dwayne by Ron and the gang.  When it makes much more sense that there is more that we don’t know, that prompted this move.  You can post all the “OMGz DwAYne got skrEwed” takes from guys not in the locker room all you want.  But I haven’t heard a peep from any of the WFT.  I have to believe Ron doesn’t make this decision if the team truly believes in Dwayne.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

So, if Ron was “testing” Dwayne, I take it he’s failed.

Just a few random thoughts...

I find it weird that folks are out there checking for follows.

I also find it weird how dramatic some folks are being about this.  I really can’t comprehend the mental gymnastics it requires to believe this some conspiracy against Dwayne by Ron and the gang.  When it makes much more sense that there is more that we don’t know, that prompted this move.  You can post all the “OMGz DwAYne got skrEwed” takes from guys not in the locker room all you want.  But I haven’t heard a peep from any of the WFT.  I have to believe Ron doesn’t make this decision if the team truly believes in Dwayne.

What is the conspiracy though?

3 minutes ago, skinbuck said:

Undrafted coming out of college. Was buried on the practice squad. Switched schools. Was benched in college.

That’s the pedigree of the latest WFT starter. Please don’t hold your breath. Pedigree matters

Kevin Sumlin was doing some of the best QB recruiting in the country at Texas A&M at the time.   The QB ahead of Allen at Texas A&M that caused him to transfer was Kyler Murray (who later transferred himself).  Kenny Hill who was a darn good college QB was also at Texas A&M doing that time period.

5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

This makes no sense. The film study that happens in positional group meetings is required, you can’t skimp on that. What Haskins is being criticized for is not putting in enough time outside those meetings like other successful players, especially QBs, do. Everyone in the building knows who comes early or stays late or posts up in a room with a computer or a tablet to watch film for extra hours, this type of thing is almost always a subplot on Hard Knocks for example, and it doesn’t only happen in a private group like the organized positional meetings do. So no, it’s not something that HAD to come from inside the QB room and in fact, that’s the only time his attention is fully accounted for surrounded by 3 other professional QBs and a QB coach, and possibly the OC and other assistants as well. That’s not where his lack of work is being seen, everyone attends those meetings, they’re mandatory. 

More specifically (let me reiterate I don't have insider info on this)...I'm thinking only a few people would be able to clearly draw that link.  With the protocols in place this season, I'd imagine there really isn't much wiggle room for lingering, unless you have a specific purpose to be there (i.e. rehab).  

How could anyone clearly say his level of effort and commitment fell off unless they were consistently around him?  Since it could've been anyone, why not consider the fact that it could've been the one guy that has ALL of the juicy details, AND benefits the most?  Crazier things have occurred...

Archived