Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

8 minutes ago, skins4ever28 said:

Me wanting negativity to keep happening was moreso of a joke how I said "that any time we start hyping up a player he ends up being terrible so maybe if were negative hell end up being great"  (not verbatim but close).  Was just sarcasm.  I don't want anyone freaking out, and I do want everyone to calm down. 

I understand, it was just interesting to see you start two posts in one direction & immediately present the other side. That probably means you’re an empathetic human, that happens frequently with compassionate life forms.

10 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Callahan being adamant that they still have faith in Keenum going forward tells you all you need to know about where Haskins is at in his development.  Keim was echoing the sentiment that Russini alluded to (that caused the usual pearl clutching from national media pundits who barely follow this team).  Where there is smoke, there is fire.

Where there’s Snyder, there’s fire.

Anyone ever think about all the talk, before the season ever started, that Dan was listening to folks around him about not stunting his development by putting him out there before he’s ready?  

You’ve got guys like Moss, Portis, Theismann, etc all saying they needed to be patient with Haskins in the offseason.  Many more than that, but those are guys I know of that actually talk to Dan.

It’s possible that not ready means Dan isn’t ready.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Anyone ever think about all the talk, before the season ever started, that Dan was listening to folks around him about not stunting his development by putting him out there before he’s ready?  

You’ve got guys like Moss, Portis, Theismann, etc all saying they needed to be patient with Haskins in the offseason.  Many more than that, but those are guys I know of that actually talk to Dan.

We dont agree often...but I agree completely with this post....

...I think that's a sign of the apocalypse...

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I remember very vividly a lot of people praying he wouldn't play at all this year and to not "rush" him into the game.  Now, it seems like the majority wants to throw him in.  Its just human emotion, when theres nothing to look forward to with our team, the thought of a rookie qb would give us some type of excitement, and hope. 

10 hours ago, sportjunkie07 said:

I’ve been seeing many posts since we drafted him about how much of a good guy he is and a hard worker and all these things that say he has high character.

I think Haskins has an attitude problem though. as soon as he got drafted he felt slighted because he wasn’t take earlier or perhaps taken by the giants.   That was a red flag for me.

He always seems aloof and uninterested whenever panned to on the sidelines. I just don’t think the dude has the right mindset currently, and unfortunately, these things are slow to change and often kill players careers before they can correct them.

it won’t matter as much if he comes in and lights it up, but I’m expecting a rude awakening headed his way. 

Not saying you won’t eventually be proven right about Haskins having an attitude problem, but when venturing into the psychology/mental make up of a player based off of snippets of information is a stretch at this stage. Obviously, I’m challenging your overall view and logic, but understand this is your constructed narrative on Haskins. 

I’d also give thought to how we as people exercise external and internal motivation differently based on so many factors (to name a few: culture, family values, upbringing, experiences).

What appears negative may not jive with your norms, but totally be healthy for another individual. 

2 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

The team is 1-6, they were just shut out.  What exactly is Haskins not ready to do? 

This is a situation of treating each separately— the team and Haskins. Personally, I don’t want the teams record to dictate when Haskins plays. I’d prefer he earn it... Thinking about it more, I like what it can mean to him moving forward, not being handed the job based off of draft status.

To be clear, the season is lost and Haskins playing would increase the value in watching the games exponentially for me. I’m just willing to wait and “trust the process”. 

4 minutes ago, skins4ever28 said:

I remember very vividly a lot of people praying he wouldn't play at all this year and to not "rush" him into the game.  Now, it seems like the majority wants to throw him in.  Its just human emotion, when theres nothing to look forward to with our team, the thought of a rookie qb would give us some type of excitement, and hope. 

I was in the minority, here, who didn’t think he’d be ready to start the year. Now it’s time to get him a look at the speed of the nfl, he needs to go into the offseason having experienced what he needs to work on. 5-8 games would be ideal. 

Haskins will obviously never “earn” the job. The dude sucks. He sucks so bad that a 1-6 team with an interim coach won’t even consider putting him out there to hand the ball off 80 percent of the snaps.

if they put him out there he will simply prove beyond any doubt the huge bust that he is and limit the candidates who would be willing to take the coaching job. Because Dan and Bruce will force him to play at some point to prove they are not idiots for drafting him. Which will actually in fact prove what idiots they are when he does play. So in order to do that with a decent coach, they can’t have him out there putting any more of garbage play on film. They just need to sucker someone into taking the job thinking they can develop the bust. 

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I could get with that, but then when why isn't anybody saying that?  Instead, they're making the kid seem like he's way behind.  If it's the owner's decision to be patient, they need to stop making it seem like Haskins not seeing the field is solely a Haskins problem.  

9 minutes ago, skins4ever28 said:

I think the reason why folks want to see him so badly is that the likelihood for change in the FO has never been higher.  I still think Bruce will stay here until he chooses not to, but operating from a logic standpoint - this season should be enough to put the nail in his coffin.

So with a chance of a new GM and most likely a very high draft pick in the up coming draft, folks want to see what Haskins looks like now, to determine what to do next April.

2 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I'm curious what effect this Haskins situation has on the coaching search.  I would think the new coach that was smart would want to have some film on Haskins before taking the job.  

I’m sure we can coax Jim Zorn to comeback for round 2 without any film...

7 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I could get with that, but then when why isn't anybody saying that?  Instead, they're making the kid seem like he's way behind.  If it's the owner's decision to be patient, they need to stop making it seem like Haskins not seeing the field is solely a Haskins problem.  

No argument from me on that.  The overall talk about Haskins in conjunction with what the current QB's are doing makes it seem as if he can't tie his shoes.

3 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I'm curious what effect this Haskins situation has on the coaching search.  I would think the new coach that was smart would want to have some film on Haskins before taking the job.  

I should have added HC to my last post.  Along with there being the highest likelihood ever that we could get a new GM, we'll also have a new head coach.  So naturally, everyone wants to see what we've got to help make decisions in April.  

What I hated about drafting Haskins was the timing.  Knowing Jay was in a win or else season, with 2 sorry QBs and a project.  So in essence, Haskins was drafted for the next guy and that forces the next guy to 'have' to like and want to develop Haskins.

22 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Haskins will obviously never “earn” the job. The dude sucks. He sucks so bad that a 1-6 team with an interim coach won’t even consider putting him out there to hand the ball off 80 percent of the snaps.

Though I wildly disagree, I respect your conviction and consistency. 

In your view, what types of things would you like to see... if say, Haskins plays    —what I think the actual plan is— final 7 games?? 

Also, what QB did you like coming out last year or young QB that hasn’t proven himself in league today? 

21 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think the reason why folks want to see him so badly is that the likelihood for change in the FO has never been higher.  I still think Bruce will stay here until he chooses not to, but operating from a logic standpoint - this season should be enough to put the nail in his coffin.

So with a chance of a new GM and most likely a very high draft pick in the up coming draft, folks want to see what Haskins looks like now, to determine what to do next April.

Don’t think it’s even that deep for 95% of fans, the games are meaningless and rooting for the young high draft pick QB raises value incredibly for all fans of all levels. 

I hear ya on the other stuff though. 

13 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Don’t think it’s even that deep for 95% of fans, the games are meaningless and rooting for the young high draft pick QB raises value incredibly for all fans of all levels. 

I hear ya on the other stuff though. 

It’s definitely both for sure.  Watching Case and Colt be who they’ve always been vs. an unknown with more physical talent than those guys is a no brainer from an entertainment perspective.

1 minute ago, wit33 said:

Though I wildly disagree, I respect your conviction and consistency. 

In your view what types of things would you have to see if let’s say Haskins plays what I think the actual plan is, final 7 games?? 

Also, what QB do you like coming out last year or young QB that hasn’t proven himself in league today? 

I think if he plays the final 7 games he needs to be humble and take his lumps. I don’t want him saying that he’s good at anything after humiliating losses. Nothing about what he did at Ohio state or high school.  I don’t think he understands how much better he needs to get. He’s been coddled all his athletic life and I think he thinks he is already on a Tom Brady level. If he’s not good enough to play now with the season lost and an interim coach, then the chances of him ever being ready are infinitesimal. However, because Dan and Bruce made the pick they will waste at least 2 if not 3 years trying to make it work.

i would have preferred if we had traded for Rosen for a 3rd or 4th instead of taking Haskins. I think Jay could have gotten him to a Kirk Cousins level of play. I don’t think they can draft another qb next year at the top of the draft.  Just hope someone really wants the guy after Tua and gives us an RG3 trade type of haul.

1 hour ago, skins4ever28 said:

Your missing the point here.  The fans, BEFORE he came in, said during his rookie year while he was on the bench, 11 games in, that all the coaches and "insiders" were saying he was NOT READY.  So, you can say "Mahomes would have done amazing either way"  is a hindsight statement.  Now, when you see him, your like oh wow hes MVP.  But before he ever played, coaches and fans all thought and heard he wasn't ready to play in the NFL.  Sound familiar?  Just maybe, MAYBE, Dwayne sitting and not being pushed into the dang game so fast is a great thing for him and us.  Before Mahomes was a chart topper, he was considered "not ready"

No i think you may be missing the point. Alex was a good QB and they were rolling with him until it got ugly so of course they would say Mahomes isn't ready since they had no intent on playing him whether he was ready or not. Alex had the job until he lost it. Case Keenum has no reason to be playing and the Skins have no reason not to start Haskins but they still don't. Point being Mahomes was probably ready and all that "Mahomes isn't ready" was just lip service while Alex was getting it done. but they were still going with Alex until week 17 when mahomet came in and was ready to play and had been probably the whole time.  Haskins with a team that has no reason not to start who has said he considers reading defenses his strength him still doesn't get the start. What the coaches are basically saying is that they know he is a bust and don't want it happening on their watch. When Haskins says he can read defenses already but can't read defenses he is going to be a bust. Guaranteed. That's the difference

9 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Do you think AZ would have taken our 4th over Miami’s 2nd?

You are correct. I forgot what they ended up getting for him but it was a late 2. We could have done something with giving our 2nd and swapping some picks to equal what the Dolphins did. 

Rosen is far more pro ready than Haskins and we had a coach on the hot seat...

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

You are correct. I forgot what they ended up getting for him but it was a late 2. We could have done something with giving our 2nd and swapping some picks to equal what the Dolphins did. 

Rosen is far more pro ready than Haskins and we had a coach on the hot seat...

I would still like to trade for Rosen, perhaps now it’d only take a 4th, but we just saw him look like a shell shocked youngster v our mighty front. Poorly constructed rosters make QBs look awful ... Keenum isn’t awful, but he looks it with us while Bridgewater, Kyle Allen, & other guys look solid on teams that do things far better than we do. It’s hilarious to consider how bad Bridgewater & Kyle Allen would look here.

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Yes, and why is that?  

Is Dan now understanding that he overdrafted Haskins and now he's worried that the fans will have nothing left to hope for next season after watching Haskins play this season? 

Dan doesn't understand talent development so it's hard for me to believe he's coming at it from that angle.  If he doesnt play Haskins this year my impression would be that he's trying to hide him not help him.

I hope by not ready they mean we don’t want to do to him what the Giants are doing to jones. 

He will be worth the pick if they get him ready rather it’s this season or next doesn’t really matter if he live up to his potential 

Archived