Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I told yall!! I f'n *throws something told yall he iant trying to develop him.  This arguement that hes developing from the sidelines is not true!!!

Would it be reckless of me to assume that Gruden is basically trying to get himself fired now, seeing as we now have this new development?

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I told yall!! I f'n *throws something told yall he iant trying to develop him.  This arguement that hes developing from the sidelines is not true!!!

I mean if hes not trying to develop him and hes not teaching him anything during practice.......then I sure as **** dont want Gruden to throw him out there with no offensive line. Kid will get killed. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Would it be reckless of me to assume that Gruden is basically trying to get himself fired now, seeing as we now have this new development?

No, it is not reckless to suggest that, I'm jus now questioning if Jay signed off on drafting Haskins.  Ya know when he finally turned on Griffin I agreed with Jay because I didnt think Griffin was an NFL QB. 

But dude is still in the league and looked pretty decent in relief duty for the Ravens a couple weeks ago.  It begs the question how hard Jay really tired to turn his career around versus making up his mind hed rather go with Cousins?

I said before Jay was going to do what was best for Jay, not Haskins, now this proves it.  Whether not hes trying to get fired is irrelevant, hes a direct threat to the future of the franchise now

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I mean if hes not trying to develop him and hes not teaching him anything during practice.......then I sure as **** dont want Gruden to throw him out there with no offensive line. Kid will get killed. 

This is all the more reason to put him out there because the only advantage kd keeping him o the sideline is limiting his risk of injury.  At this rate he wont be ready for 2020, either, that's how bad this is.

14 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Can anyone provide context to this report? 

Whats the alternative to developing a QB while he’s the backup? 

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

No, it is not reckless to suggest that, I'm jus now questioning if Jay signed off on drafting Haskins.  Ya know when he finally turned on Griffin I agreed with Jay because I didnt think Griffin was an NFL QB. 

But dude is still in the league and looked pretty decent in relief duty for the Ravens a couple weeks ago.  It begs the question how hard Jay really tired to turn his career around versus making up his mind hed rather go with Cousins?

I said before Jay was going to do what was best for Jay, not Haskins, now this proves it.  Whether not hes trying to get fired is irrelevant, hes a direct threat to the future of the franchise now

Jay has always struck me as one of those "My system or the highway" kinda guys. And those guys no longer make it in todays NFL, which is largely about how quickly you can adjust/adapt and thrive.

But yes, no Haskins in favor of Colt, whom you'd swear nearly lost his entire leg in a shark attack, just seems to bellow "**** you, fire me if you've got the guts."

1 minute ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Basically that Haskins has only been doing work with the scout team. He's getting zero reps with the starters. 

Is the norm for a rookie QB to get reps with the starters while being the backup? I’ve always thought the starting QB gets all the reps, but could be wrong. 

2 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Is the norm for a rookie QB to get reps with the starters while being the backup? I’ve always thought the starting QB gets all the reps, but could be wrong. 

Not sure. But conventional wisdom would have Haskins taking some reps with the #1s just so he is ready in case Keenum has to leave the game.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Jay has always struck me as one of those "My system or the highway" kinda guys. And those guys no longer make it in todays NFL, which is largely about how quickly you can adjust/adapt and thrive.

But yes, no Haskins in favor of Colt, whom you'd swear nearly lost his entire leg in a shark attack, just seems to bellow "**** you, fire me if you've got the guts."

Agreed on him being hardheaded. At minimum hes daring them, very similar to how he delt with Griffin, I jus have a feeling they told him to win or hes gone so the develop Haskins or else talk is hallow to him.  There is no indication Bruce told him to chew gum and walk at the same time or else, and that's why this is a systematic failure of epic proportions

2 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Not sure. But conventional wisdom would have Haskins taking some reps with the #1s just so he is ready in case Keenum has to leave the game.

The conventional wisdom is that the starting QB takes all the reps is what I’m saying. I’m just not 100% certain is all. I know you always here stories about the legends of the QB position never letting the backup have any reps, just not sure if that’s the reality. 

4 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Bingo, I said this in preseason, hes not even trying in case Case gets hurt.  This is NOT how you develop QBs, especially ones taken in the first round

6 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

I'm not sure about that.  I think the starter usually gets all of the first team reps in practice.  They're installing the game plan and it doesn't necessarily make sense to split reps with your backup QB just in case he has to come in when you've got limited practice time.

Someone has to run the scout team, and Haskins is the only other one to do it right now.  There is no shame in running the scout team in practice.

Back up QBs just have to be ready to go at any point.  They have to learn the gameplan without the benefit of first team reps.  It's a hard job, and it is what it is.

19 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I just dont see how throwing him out there without a plan, to play for a coach without a job, just to see what happens, is a good idea. 

I agree that throwing him out there without a plan is bad, I'm saying keeping on the bench without a plan is worse 

4 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm not sure about that.  I think the starter usually gets all of the first team reps in practice.  They're installing the game plan and it doesn't necessarily make sense to split reps with your backup QB just in case he has to come in when you've got limited practice time.

Someone has to run the scout team, and Haskins is the only other one to do it right now.  There is no shame in running the scout team in practice.

Back up QBs just have to be ready to go at any point.  They have to learn the gameplan without the benefit of first team reps.  It's a hard job, and it is what it is.

You make a good point, but we arenr talking about making sure Peyton Mannings backup was ready incase he goes down.  Haskins is expected to take the job from Case at some point, that us the goal, Case is not a franchise QB hes a place holder. At minimum he should feel some heat from Haskins in terms of reps because of that performance last night, no way they should Case is safe because Haskins isnt ready, Case doesnt deserve that and it isnt helping Haskins at all taking thsmis approach

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Isn't that true for most backup QBs?  He's getting a snap here and there.  Haskin's job is to dominate on the scout team and work in the classroom.

23 minutes ago, Leonard Washington said:

Isn't that true for most backup QBs?  He's getting a snap here and there.  Haskin's job is to dominate on the scout team and work in the classroom.

Meh. I agree that Case is the starting QB and should be getting the bulk of the reps. But Haskins should be taking some first team reps to prepare him. Even if not for this season, than for next. Pittsburgh, prior to Ben’s injury, was having Rudolph take all of the first team reps on a Wednesday. Granted, Ben has been in the Steelers system for a long time. 

But theres ways to do it. 

Haskins has to be getting some first team reps.

Right? We go back and forth on how to develop a QB.  As a rookie game day backup facing one stout front after another, the chance he gets forced in is quite significant. I feel like Case was close last night. We are 3 weeks in and it seems many starting QBs are out injured.  It would just seem negilgent to proclaim to be nurturing him in the safest environment possible yet forgo first team reps. If even to practices exchanges, practice cadence etc.

Archived