Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

5 hours ago, wit33 said:

Shawn Springs, one of Haskins main influences believes he shouldn’t play this year. His circle is communicating to remain patient it appears. 

Problem is...he HAS to...

They are destined for a top 10, probably top 5 pick. They HAVE to see him on the field, to get some kind of idea. If we pass up on a QB and Haskins comes out next year and it is obvious he isn't the answer, yikes...

Honestly, the way they should probably do it, is fire Jay somewhere around the 1-4, 0-5 mark. Let O'connell be the one to bring Haskins in. Jay is far too rigid. Tell O'Connnell to play Haskins, and design a game plan to make it easy on him. He doesn't have to win games, doesn't have to look all world, but he needs to get some snaps against NFL defenses. Start small. Open it up as the season goes on. This sit him stuff is nonsense. Once the season is lost, you don't have to design an offense to try to win games. Design it to keep him safe and get him real reps. 

23 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

On Dwayne's twitter account, first thing is QB for the Redskins

Think about it though, if you were responsible for Haskins personal brand, wouldn't you instruct him to not associate with the team colors and all that until he hits the field?  The logo, colors, etc. are that of a loser these days.  Not worth owning it unless the world associates you with them, which they primarily don't because he doesn't play.  

His last few tweets have a cryptic vibe to them though.

I would also like to know the context of that picture. Perhaps Dwayne looked away for a split second because of X reason. We will never know. Colt's eyes are closed in that picture so was he asleep? Hard to tell.

Like I said, I'm an old guy and I have get off my lawn moments with these young millennials every now and then. I just need to stay in my old guy lane. 

Just listened to Haskins' mentor, Shawn Springs right now.  He's signing a little different song about Haskins from Haskin's point of view

A.  Springs doesn't think the current supporting cast is set up for Haskins to succeed

B.  but even if it were he thought highly of the supporting cast, he thinks Keenum right now gives them the better chance to win versus Haskins

C.  He still thinks he will be a great Qb its just he doesn't like putting him in yet

D.  Haskins now wants to play.

D.  Is a new point from Springs.  I don't recall him saying that in previous segments. 

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

D.  Haskins now wants to play.

D.  Is a new point from Springs.  I don't recall him saying that in previous segments. 

He never really said that he did or didn't want to play.  But what kind of competitor would he be, if he didn't want to play?  Particularly watching a guy as physically limited as Case Keenum, turn it over 5 times, with an 0-3 record and the team that broke your heart is starting the guy they thought was better than you.

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

He never really said that he did or didn't want to play.  But what kind of competitor would he be, if he didn't want to play?  Particularly watching a guy as physically limited as Case Keenum, turn it over 5 times, with an 0-3 record and the team that broke your heart is starting the guy they thought was better than you.

He's flirted with hinting that he's more than cool with not playing.  He hyped up multiple times having no issues being a backup and waiting his turn in Ohio State.  But to me the bigger hint was he multiple times said he wants to kill it when he does finally play and said it in the context it of waiting for that right time.  Also in that same conversation he talked about how he's still learning.   So it painted a picture to me of give me some time to better prepare myself which will improve my chances of success.  He didn't flat out say it that explicitly but that's the impression it gave me at least. 

I am not in on the start Haskins now drill.  I don't mind it though later in the season.  But I admit the pressure is certainly on from the national media.  I watched that dude who did the power rankings below just talk about it on air.  He goes the Giants will likely rise higher (right now they are 23) next week since they are playing the Skins.  Then they talked about Jones being an RG3 level hyped QB now -- and they meant it in a good way.  Nauseating. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001058649/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-4-bills-49ers-hit-top-10-eagles-dive?campaign=tw-nf-sf219985536-sf219985536&sf219985536=1

RANK

redskins-logo.jpg

REDSKINS (0-3)

Previous rank: No. 29

The Dwayne Haskins Watch is on. Consider these facts as a case for turning to the first-round pick: 1) The Redskins fell to 0-3 with a lopsided Monday night home loss to the Bears. 2) Their veteran quarterback, Case Keenum, accounted for five turnovers in the defeat. 3) A large percentage of fans at FedExField were rooting for the visiting team. Yep, the Redskins badly need a shot in the arm, and Haskins represents the most logical source. Of course, there is the question of whether Haskins has shown enough to warrant such a promotion, but coach Jay Gruden has reached Hail Mary territory for both the 2019 season and his own job security. And, wouldn't you know it, on Sunday the Redskins meet the New York Giants, who just saw their season take a turn for the relevant by promoting Daniel Jones. I know what Gruden said postgame about the need for continuity at QB, but seriously: What do you have to lose, Jay?

I think you can start Haskins any week, except next week. If this week was his first week, and the Pats were he second start, I would be fine. But having them be his first start is not a good idea. That Defense is too good right now, and they are the most apt at confusing young QBs. I would be fine with him coming into the game when Keenum struggles, but not start.

After that, sooner the better. This crap about the team isn't set up for him to succeed? Who knows when it will be?! We have, what seems to be, the best WR we have had in forever, a guy Haskins is familiar with. Vernon and CT, who both will probably be gone next year, are two great security blankets. The line isn't terrible when not facing the Bears...I just don't buy into this crap that we can't put him out there because we aren't good enough. If he is who we need him to be, he will be fine. Again, once we are 1-4 or 0-5, it wont matter if he is winning or not. It will just be about getting him time on the field. 

2 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Based on what?  Gruden picking Colt over Haskins?  Last person to make judgements on the abilities of another is Gruden.  He couldn’t coach a 5 year old on how to make turkey sandwich.

I think Gruden is a pretty good talent evaluater, and a decent OC. But, his opinion on Colt McCoy nullifies anything he does in relation to Colt/Case and Haskins.

7 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Based on what?  Gruden picking Colt over Haskins?  Last person to make judgements on the abilities of another is Gruden.  He couldn’t coach a 5 year old on how to make turkey sandwich.

Do you think Dan Snyder is a good evaluator of talent?  Gruden picking Colt over Haskins shows that he absolutely is nowhere close to being ready.  If he sits all year, his "rookie" season will begin in year 2.  

3 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Do you think Dan Snyder is a good evaluator of talent?  Gruden picking Colt over Haskins shows that he absolutely is nowhere close to being ready.  If he sits all year, his "rookie" season will begin in year 2.  

You are basing this on a coach that has a entire team against him now and has accomplished nothing in 6 years here?  You are talking as though Gruden is a amazing evaluator of talent and utilizes his team well.  If anything players do better after they leave his system. 

I am all for starting Haskins at some point this season.

Especially if we are picking in the top 5, we need to know if he is franchise material with the prospects of a supposedly better QB class, we could have our shot at Tua, Herbert, or Lawrence. And maybe trade Haskins off to recover our 2nd

My brother knows someone who talks to Jay.  Let's just say Jay is not a huge fan of Haskins.  Doesn't think he can read a defense.  His words and actions thus far back this up.  I too think Jay has a good eye for talent so this is alarming.  I hope Jay is wrong but don't be surprised if Haskins sucks.  Which is going to sink Danny further down on the hate scale if that is possible since he is the one who butted in and essentially made the pick.

3 minutes ago, kwitt said:

My brother knows someone who talks to Jay.  Let's just say Jay is not a huge fan of Haskins.  Doesn't think he can read a defense.  His words and actions thus far back this up.  I too think Jay has a good eye for talent so this is alarming.

Ryan Grant, Samaje Perine, Colt McCoy, Matt Jones and Rob Kelley just had a nice giggle.

7 minutes ago, kwitt said:

My brother knows someone who talks to Jay.  Let's just say Jay is not a huge fan of Haskins.  Doesn't think he can read a defense.  His words and actions thus far back this up.  I too think Jay has a good eye for talent so this is alarming.  I hope Jay is wrong but don't be surprised if Haskins sucks.  Which is going to sink Danny further down on the hate scale if that is possible since he is the one who butted in and essentially made the pick.

If this is true, it is even more of the reason we need Haskins out there now. 

But here is the thing, if he can't read a defense...TEACH HIM. COACH HIM. He may be, who knows. It just feels like Jay knows his time is limited, so he isn't going to put the effort into Haskins. And honestly, how could you blame him at this point. Why try to develop this kid that you won't be coaching next season? More of the reason I am leaning toward an in-season firing.

The other thing that has gotten me sour on Jay, and it is along the same lines of how he is treating the AP situation. And Alex Smith. And even thinking to when he ran Mark Sanchez out there and called an RPO from his own goal line. He wants, more than anything, to be able to run his specific system. Haskins may not be able to read a defense the way Jay needs him to for the offense Jay runs. But, his physical ability may compensate for that in the mean time, if the offense is designed to simplify things for him. Don't get me wrong, Jay's system can be a thing of beauty when the pieces are in place. But it is not the only way to skin a cat. Haskins, possibly, could do more with less than Keenum can do with more. But Jay wants to go out on his shield, so he will.

It would be so Redskins to draft a QB the coach doesn't want, and never play him. And then forgo a QB with a top pick in a QB deep draft, even though we have no idea if our QB can hang because we were afraid to play him. And then finally play him, amidst a slew of inevitable coaching and playbook changes, which then causes him to fail.

About his instagram, I think he felt the need to distance himself from the team. Fans are doing it en masse. Kirk. Trent. Haha. I am sure there are more.  He is likely showing his disdain at our failures, our overrun stadium, our coach for not willing to use him in a game in which a journeyman had 5 turnovers (could have been 6)... I could go on.  If it was him rebranding himself, his twitter would be cleansed as well. He probably was forced into a password change on Twitter from Skins or Giants hackers and said F it.

Don't dismiss the impact of another monday night prime flop at home. One nut punch after another. Heck just listen to Jonathan Allen who is fed up he has no home fans. He is our captain. If this were all a game, the league would get 15 yards for piling on, for scheduling that snoozer disaster for us in the first place.

Jay better hope Case doesn't DOES have 5 turnovers by halftime so he can be fired by games end for not playing Dwayne. He is probably thinking to himself, what else do I have to do? Never play prized rookie, play soft as silk D, bench AP, say I will not fire Manusky.... I know..... swinging gate.

Archived