Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

8 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Haskins has to be getting some first team reps.

Right? We go back and forth on how to develop a QB.  As a rookie game day backup facing one stout front after another, the chance he gets forced in is quite significant. I feel like Case was close last night. We are 3 weeks in and it seems many starting QBs are out injured.  It would just seem negilgent to proclaim to be nurturing him in the safest environment possible yet forgo first team reps. If even to practices exchanges, practice cadence etc.

Just need some context. Want to know the norm before crushing the coaches. I understand this is an easy moment to do so and not the wrong thing to do. 

13 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Well, I don't know if this is anything but Dwayne has removed all Redskins related stuff from his Instagram. 

Maybe he's a faster learner than we give him credit for. He's already learned that being part of this garbage pile isn't good for your career.

They were just talking about it on 980, weird, maybe he realized that for his brand it would be better not associating himself that strongly with the team?   :(

On another note.   If I can have a dollar for every time I heard Jay's ONLY chance to save his job if they don't make the playoffs is for Haskins to come in and look good.  So the idea that he is purposely sabotaging Haskins or doesn't get how to prepare him -- comes off to me wild. 

7 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

^ uh oh.....Haskins possibly demanding a trade??? Say it ain’t so, Dwayne!!! You’re our only hope!!!!!!!

Part of me wants to see that happen. It's gotta be unprecedented and that would be the absolutely lowest of low points for the franchise. 

It's sad that I'm more interested in how much of a debacle this team can become than I am in seeing how good they could be.

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

Part of me wants to see that happen. It's gotta be unprecedented and that would be the absolutely lowest of low points for the franchise. 

It's sad that I'm more interested in how much of a debacle this team can become than I am in seeing how good they could be.

I know the feeling, sadly there does feel like the only way to shake up Bruce's mantra that their 7-9 seasons mean they are close with an if and buts were candy and nuts narrative -- rock bottom might be the only thing to shake them out of that approach. 

31 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Well, I don't know if this is anything but Dwayne has removed all Redskins related stuff from his Instagram. 

Maybe he's a faster learner than we give him credit for. He's already learned that being part of this garbage pile isn't good for your career.

On the next episode or Days of Our Lives

58 minutes ago, KDawg said:

But theres ways to do it. 

Rudolph is a second year player too, so presumably he's much further along in his system than Haskins is in ours.

The problem for us is the lack of stability.  Case is struggling to transition to our system and he needs all of the work he can get too.  If McCoy was starting, we could do something like what you said the Steelers did with Rudolph. 

Keenum has forced our hand though.  He's been god awful and we can't keep playing him just to keep Haskins on the bench when he's killing us.  He'll get everyone fired.  Haskins is going to have to step into an awful situation and either sink or swim.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

On the next episode or Days of Our Lives

Adding to that theme, D Hall a little while ago, all over this place throwing some bombs too

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Haskins is going to have to step into an awful situation and either sink or swim.

That's my fear.  That's why I'd love to delay this as long as possible.  i am not opposed to playing him this season but not yet. 

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Rudolph is a second year player too, so presumably he's much further along in his system than Haskins is in ours.

The problem for us is the lack of stability.  Case is struggling to transition to our system and he needs all of the work he can get too.  If McCoy was starting, we could do something like what you said the Steelers did with Rudolph. 

Keenum has forced our hand though.  He's been god awful and we can't keep playing him just to keep Haskins on the bench when he's killing us.  He'll get everyone fired.  Haskins is going to have to step into an awful situation and either sink or swim.

Problem is you're basically letting him splash around in a kiddie pool in the backyard and then you're throwing him into the middle of the pacific ocean with no life preserver... and Morgan Moses. 

On 9/23/2019 at 8:43 AM, Califan007 said:

I remember players getting pissed off when Grossmn was benched, and not because they thought Beck sucked...it was because players thought he was giving the team a legit chance to win, evern if they didn't. Players aren't usually eager to use up a year of their careers and wear and tear on their bodies just to "see how a guty does."

I'd only start Haskins if:

1. We're 0-7

2. Keenum starts falling off a cliff

3. Haskins shows significant grasp of the offense in meetings and practice and seems ready

Couldn't help but think of the first two during the game lol 😐

3 hours ago, wit33 said:

Just need some context. Want to know the norm before crushing the coaches. I understand this is an easy moment to do so and not the wrong thing to do. 

I just reread the quote.  Haskins is "mostly" running scout team.  So what is he doing when he's not doing that?   Mostly implies he's also doing something else.  The idea that the backup mostly runs scout team is how it typically works. 

To me it comes off like much ado about nothing unless there a component to the story we don't know.  Jay is under a win now verdict from what most say.  his top goal naturally is to try to win each game so that would entail getting Keenum as ready as possible. 

I am not going to conclude that Haskins is sulking like a diva from a picture of him not visibly paying attention to a coach and starting QB discussion.  Maybe he's listening to the discussion but not leaning in for other reasons.  Perhaps Case is getting a scolding and Haskins is facing away in an effort to spare Keenum's feelings.  Nor am I going to read anything into his activity on Instagram, which I don't do and don't care about. 

Thus far I have a positive view of Haskin's.  He's said the right things when he has spoken and showed some promise when he has played.  The media in this market always reverts to soap opera narratives perhaps because the franchise is perpetually rived with intrigue because the ownership is inept or may it is just good business, in any case, I am not jumping on this bandwagon.  I hope Haskins will have the good sense to keep his nose clean and prepare for when the coaches call for him.  Dayne Haskins sat on the bench for 3 years at Ohio State, which  I this is stronger evidence of Haskins good character than idle speculation in the media who are looking for evidence of a story that may not exist at all. 

4 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Can’t get anymore Redskins than this, our rookie is pouting on the sidelines and on social media. Awesome 

And the head coach isn’t, reportedly (and we all know how accurate those always are) isn’t preparing him for the next step. 

Sounds to me like there’s a little drama between Haskins and Gruden that’s going to come to a head soon 

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

And the head coach isn’t, reportedly (and we all know how accurate those always are) isn’t preparing him for the next step. 

Sounds to me like there’s a little drama between Haskins and Gruden that’s going to come to a head soon 

Gruden knows QBs. He's a solid offensive mind. Him refusing to play Haskins and having him go through training camp as the clear #3 is telling. He's raw and the coaching staff obviously does not think they can win with him at this stage. 

I'm sure Haskins wants to play, but if the coaches know he's going to get slaughtered or just isn't ready, then I have no problem keeping him on the sideline even as the wheels come off. 

13 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

They were just talking about it on 980, weird, maybe he realized that for his brand it would be better not associating himself that strongly with the team?   :(

Not to be paranoid, but as a Terps fan I saw similiar behavior from Dwayne right before he decommitted and flipped to OSU.

Be on the look for the passive aggressive comments next.

Yeah, maybe I'm being paranoid...

Archived