Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gruden fired per John Keim

UK_HOG

1 minute ago, dballer said:

I am not 100% on that first one. I need to see him a play  a little bit more. I mean, over the last two weeks, he put together the best drive lol.

I think you need to see a bit more of him to make a judgement on that. He came in that Giants game thinking he would win it. Live fire. Easy to revert back to what he is used to doing. He looked better from week 1 to week 4 in the preseason. Maybe the more live action he sees the more he can implement the fundamentals he has been working on...maybe...

To be fair, I have said time and time again that I haven't counted the kid out. I am down on him, based on a obvious lack of fundamental improvements. But I'd never write a rookie off after a half and some change. It's entirely possible that he gains some confidence now that Gruden is gone, starts making strides and does some great things.

I am NOT against Dwayne Haskins. But I'm not all sunshine and rainbows on him, either. I am wait and see. I am also of the opinion he needs to play. Give him experience, see what he has and let the new regime ( :ols: ) make an informed decision.

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Don't we all know deep down, that despite what the players say, most know they never had a chance to win without a legit QB?  Nobody is going to come out and say that their teammates suck.  I'd venture a guess that these are actions you see taken damn near everywhere where folks don't believe they have a chance to win.

This team was lazy and undisciplined long before we reached our current situation where its basically a given that were gonna get our asses kicked in every game

8 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

You know what my friend I was expecting  a response like this.   I am not bragging - LOL!  I am just saying you thought it was an illogical premise. Okay Russini aside,  lets see how this goes down.   There is another motive here that transcends just the firing.  We will see.  Stay tuned.

But I want to say this.  Sometimes there is no reason except to take a shot at someone.  To hurt their further prospects.  Just to be nasty. And that is Bruce and Dan.  A deleterious tag team.  They are nasty little ****s.  How many times do we have to see this?  

And because of this sick ass relationship I do not see Dan relieving Bruce of his duties. 

For some, the way they already view Bruce and Dan is the foundation for believing they leaked it, including those in the media. But especially among the fans.

For me, anyway, it's the presence of logic holes coupled with the occam's razor approach to things in life that plays the biggest role. It's not enough for me to just believe they could have, I have to prove to myself first that they did and that them releasing the video is the answer that requires the smallest number of assumptions for me to make. This fails at both.

Cupcake questions we will hear as Bruce runs from the podium

Have you reached out to any new coaching candidates?

When did you decide to fire Jay? 

Did you talk to Dan before you fired Jay?

Do you think Callahan may be our coach next year?

See you again in 4 years?

Any updates on Jordan Reed?

8 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

How else do you look at snap chat? Especially during practice?

I have never seen a whole practice myself but playing soccer my entire life: We had some breaks in between. Also not every player was doing stuff simultaneously. So I thought it was a player that was on the sideline.

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

To be fair, I have said time and time again that I haven't counted the kid out. I am down on him, based on a obvious lack of fundamental improvements. But I'd never write a rookie off after a half and some change. It's entirely possible that he gains some confidence now that Gruden is gone, starts making strides and does some great things.

I am NOT against Dwayne Haskins. But I'm not all sunshine and rainbows on him, either. I am wait and see. I am also of the opinion he needs to play. Give him experience, see what he has and let the new regime ( :ols: ) make an informed decision.

Oh yeh, I haven't taken anything you said as you writing him off. I'm pretty much with you on him. 

I wish you would stop laughing at the new regime stuff...I am trying to live in my own little world here, where there will no doubt be a new regime at the end of the year. I would like to live here at least until the end of the year 😅

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Jay's inability to develop a QB damned him.  He didn't have the energy, stability, or even desire to do it.

Time to find someone who does, but it won't be easy.  The majority of NFL coaches are really ****ing bad with QBs.

Jay was given nobody to develop other than Cousins who did better here with scrub support than he has in Minnesota.

Why else would he hang on for dear life to a scrub like Colt?

Oh Haskins? Yeah, thrown to him on the way out the door,  this is going to be interesting. Stay tuned.

10 minutes ago, Llevron said:

So they are saying coaches on the phones during practice. 

Gruden may have not been THE problem with this org. But he definitely contributed to it. The more I read the more I think we need a generational coach and GM to fix this. Meaning we are never gonna fix it. 

Absolutely. Gruden was an issue. But I am of the opinion that he is a symptom. Firing him covers that symptom, but there are others, and new ones that pop up daily. We have to get rid of the infection and then allow the system to heal.

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Right, from pretty much the time Joe Gibbs left the second time.

I agree with that. Gibbs/Grilliams pretty much are the only Skins coaches I've seen get their guys to play above and beyond their individual talent level. Everyone else, for different reasons, has been decidedly Swiss Miss on how they run this team

2 minutes ago, Panninho said:

I have never seen a whole practice myself but playing soccer my entire life: We had some breaks in between. Also not every player was doing stuff simultaneously. So I thought it was a player that was on the sideline.

Well, I was meaning that tweet seemed to indicate that the player(s) was(were) looking at snap chat, but not on their phones lol...

3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Well, I was meaning that tweet seemed to indicate that the player(s) was(were) looking at snap chat, but not on their phones lol...

The emphasis there was that it wasn't players, not that it wasn't phones

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

So they are saying coaches on the phones during practice. 

Gruden may have not been THE problem with this org. But he definitely contributed to it. The more I read the more I think we need a generational coach and GM to fix this. Meaning we are never gonna fix it.  

He was a weak head coach and that is a major problem for a football team.  He's an offensive coordinator.  He shouldn't be head coaching.

I'm not ready to throw the baby out with the bathwater in terms of the organization as a whole.  Someone in the FO has done pretty good work in the draft since McCloughan got fired.  That person should keep their job.  Maybe they need help, but they shouldn't be fired.

I wouldn't mind seeing the team take a page from the Wizards playbook and do some consulting on this coming reorganization.  Try and build a better collaborative FO structure.  There needs to be someone who is an expert on medicine and biomechanics in the room with our pro and college personnel evaluation guys. 

There are also several other weak coaches on the staff.  This was not an 0-5 roster and the defense should be playing much better than they have been.  They need a lot of changes.

Our QB coaching has also completely fallen apart.  None of our three QBs should be playing this poorly.  Gruden and his staff mishandled them, and they've been doing it since Kirk walked.

5 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Ohhhhh lol.... I read it as "Jo never said it was a player on their phone during practice", not "Jo never said it was a player on their phone during practice" (Homer smacking forehead pic here).

Yeah totally understandable haha, I could tell you just had a mental block as to how you were reading it.

The alternative is hilarious. Josh Norman setting up an old desktop in the corner of the endzone and trolling instagram would explain a lot actually. 

13 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

This screams Jonathan Allen, no? Glad some players are angry. 

If this IS J Allen and this is a sign of Veteran Leadership in this era.... THEN HOT DAMN, IT'S ABOUT TIME.

I love it and I want to see more of whoever said it asserting themselves going forward.

Archived