Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gruden announces Colt McCoy starting vs NE

CapsSkins

Unfortunate it has to come against the Patriots, but I’m excited to see how the offense functions under Colt. 

Known positive variables Colt will provide: Pace in out of huddle, 1st read quick passes— due to schematic mastery, play making outside of pocket/running, and increase of throws on first downs— Jay trusts Mccoy. 

Known negative variables: Inability to manage chaos— play design not working when reads are not available, leading to TOS; inability to see outlet options, negative yardage from sacks/not staying ahead of the chains

Colt requires Gruden to call a great game to help Colt manage the game, but Colt affords Gruden the entire playbook— increasing his ability to call a great game. Too bad Reed wasn’t available, Colt loves and maximizes Reed when available. 

Load the Colt “12”

4 minutes ago, chdream said:

What do you expect them to say?

I can see them really liking colt though. Hell I like him and I think he should be cut today. 

He seems like a nice humble dude and he really hasnt gotten much of a chance in the NFL outside of his time with the browns (lol) so I can imagine, how people connect with him. 

Dude has exactly zero chance though. 

2 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Unfortunate it has to come against the Patriots, but I’m excited to see how the offense functions under Colt. 

I am not a big Colt guy.  But I can just imagine how star crossed he must feel.  I can't think of a QB we've had who is so unlucky.  Him playing against the Patriots defense with an undermanned offense -- that's not easy to say the least. 

This decision was so predictable.  I feel sorry for Colt McCoy because he could not start against a worst team in terms of trying to win this game.  Gruden

does hi;m no favors by having him play in this game.   If Colt should actually pull off an upset then Gruden needs to give him his game salary check.

1 minute ago, Dissident2 said:

Gruden's goin' out with his buddy.

This is the only reason why. Colt does not give us the best chance to win. Dude hasn't played a snap since November and just started practicing this week. Gruden quit on this team along time ago. Now he's sabotaging the future. See Haskins, Dwayne

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am not a big Colt guy.  But I can just imagine how star crossed he must feel.  I can't think of a QB we've had who is so unlucky.  Him playing against the Patriots defense with an undermanned offense -- that's not easy to say the least. 

I feel bad for him in general.  His injury in the BCS title game all the way down, he’s just had bad luck.  

I hope for his sake he trully is 100%.. He will be testing that leg Thuroughly on Sunday. I think Gruden believes in his mind this is what he has wanted all along... But getting your confidence back in your leg in a game day scenario- vs the Pats STOUT D... Is a recipe for disaster, and should he get hurt? Yeesh dont eve  wanna think it

BUT

The game is a success if he can walk off the field at the end of the game with the L... On his own.

Man, this is gonna be 100-0.  

Worst defense in the league = check

Colt McCoy at QB = check

Zero running game = check

No TEs = check 

Best WR with a bad hammy = check

Pro Bowl guard on the shelf = check

Hostile home crowd = check

Opponent that doesnt believe in mercy = check 

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I feel bad for him in general.  His injury in the BCS title game all the way down, he’s just had bad luck.  

I'll add to it, that if Jay gets fired after this game as some suspect -- it wouldn't shock me if Colt doesn't start the week after.  If so his one shot to show off is against the best defense in the NFL with Brady on the other side.  And no viable TE to throw to aside from Sprinkle.  The two pro bowl O lineman out.  and maybe McLaurin out.

Aside from that good luck Colt!  😀  that would be wild if this is his one and only game this season.

Seriously though, Colt coming off injury and Case coming off injury will be active?...So, no matter who's the coach going forward, Haskins may be the only choice. 

I guess Jay could reach out to Josh Johnson or Dirty Sanchez again...

Also, lets calm down with this one and only talk. Colt has like 30 starts.

Archived