Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Report: Snyder, Allen Angry About Capitals and Nationals Success

Boss_Hogg

56 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

That makes sense...but I think that makes more sense comparing an August baseball game to an October football game. 

I'm actually the opposite...I haven't watched an entire Skins game yet this year (rare for me) and haven't watched barely any non-Redskin game this year (very rare for me). 

Anyway, who knows...I'd be interested to see the NLCS ratings vs. the October Redskins ratings...

I showed you the WS Series ratings versus October Patriot ratings last year. The Patriots crushed the Red Sox. I imagine the same is the case in DC.

24 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I showed you the WS Series ratings versus October Patriot ratings last year. The Patriots crushed the Red Sox. I imagine the same is the case in DC.

No I know...I would assume it would be an even more dramatic ratio given the history and deep roots of the Sox vs. the Nats. I was just curious.

1 hour ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Yes and no. People can love the Nats…..but hate watching baseball on tv.

Baseball is my favorite sport. And I despise watching baseball at this point.

Meanwhile, I'll watch a terrible Thursday night game even though I sorta hate the NFL at the moment. Habits are hard to break.

Hard as they are, they can be broken: this is my second year of full absentia from the pathetic league that Goodell oversees, much less the horrible product locally.  And I religiously watched early in Gibbs I before getting season tickets in 2004 so it CAN be done.

7 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

The Patriots had strong teams these last two decades during the Red Sox' appearances in the Fall Classic ... 

• 2004: Red Sox sweep Cardinals; Patriots win second straight Super Bowl
  • 2007: Red Sox sweep Colorado; Patriots finish regular season undefeated and one win away from *the* perfect season
  • 2013: Red Sox win series 4-2 against St. Louis; Patriots reach AFC Championship game in Denver
  • 2017: Red Sox win series 4-1 against Los Angeles; Patriots reach third straight Super Bowl and second title in those three years.
  •  

What will be interesting to see: a potential WAS-NYY Fall Classic where Mother Nature pushes the second game (in the Bronx) to Thursday the 24th.  A likely 1-6 team on the road, whose President openly admonished fans in a recent presser, is a lot different than steadily consistent Pats teams.

From Steinberg on Twitter today.  (Edit: He tweeted afterwards that the Skins got a 14.2 in DC). Of course, its a good point that the NLCS is on TBS. The WS will be on FOX (?) which will be a better barometer:

11 minutes ago, HouseBowlrz said:

What will be interesting to see: a potential WAS-NYY Fall Classic where Mother Nature pushes the second game (in the Bronx) to Thursday the 24th.  A likely 1-6 team on the road, whose President openly admonished fans in a recent presser, is a lot different than steadily consistent Pats teams.

But you'll have the "versus Kirk" revenge factor plot! YOU VIKE THAT??!!

You do raise a good point of something which is going to help the baseball ratings in DC in that scenario are the number of Yankee fans in the DC market. In fact, I'm VERY curious about what the makeup of the crowd is going to be at Nats Park for such a series. 

7 hours ago, hail2skins said:

But you'll have the "versus Kirk" revenge factor plot! YOU VIKE THAT??!!

You do raise a good point of something which is going to help the baseball ratings in DC in that scenario are the number of Yankee fans in the DC market. In fact, I'm VERY curious about what the makeup of the crowd is going to be at Nats Park for such a series. 

Yankee fans do travel well so, yeah, I can see a good mix here in DC.

Weather Channel has, for the first two scheduled games up there (22nd and 23rd), showers (50%) and PM showers (30%).  Travel shouldn't be much of a factor up and down the Acela corridor so it could come to pass that three DC teams are playing on the 24th (Caps in Edmonton).

And, if I am reading the 506 sports forum correctly, "Big Fox" covers any World Series games that go to Thursday which puts TNF on FS1 and NFLN.

7 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Speaking of baseball ratings......saw this guy's twitter and thought it was interesting. Os viewership this season up, Nats down??

A lot of the DMV can't actually watch the Nats on cable.  RCN and MASN had a contract dispute and RCN dropped that channel.  I know people who subscribe to Youtube TV and you can watch just about every sport you want including SEC and Big 10 college ball, but MASN wouldn't deal with them.

If true, I hope Snyder continues to get angry. Go Nats!

(And maybe learn a lesson, Snyder. You could sure use a Rizzo)

14 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Speaking of baseball ratings......saw this guy's twitter and thought it was interesting. Os viewership this season up, Nats down??

I'd imagine that's because the first 1/4 of the season, the Nats were so disappointing. I bet ratings picked up. This may be one of those cases where averages don't tell the real story.

18 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

If the Nats make the World Series, look for the Moron Trust in Ashburn to do something drastic (Trade for a big name, force Haskins to start, etc) to siphon some attention away from the Nats. 

...or they could just fire Bruce.  My guess is Bruce will be here at least until the new stadium is built.

22 hours ago, hail2skins said:

That is very interesting. I'm an O's fan and I could probably count on one hand the number of games I tuned in to watch. I was completely checked out this year...I actually probably turned on the Nats game more often (no, I'm not converting...there was just no reason to watch the O's). 

23 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Assuming MASN gets more exposure than MASN2, that might explain the numbers.

I read somewhere a while back that what determines which team gets MASN vs. MASN2 is the opponent ... all games against NYY and BOS go to MASN which puts the O's on the primary quite often.  And there were many instances when we (the Nats) would be scheduled against major division rivals (NYM, ATL) so we got relegated to MASN2.  (It felt like MLB scehduled most of the BAL-NYY and NYM-WAS series at the same time.)

"Big Fox" has the Fall Classic which should help with ratings in this area should the Nats prevail in the NLCS.

On 10/10/2019 at 1:12 PM, Springfield said:

Who would’ve thought... the Redskins season is over before the Nationals season.

Prediction: The Nats will win more playoff series in 2019 than the Redskins win regular season games.

Currently they are tied, one series win against the Dodgers for the Nats, one game won against the Dolphins for the Redskins.

Barring an epic collapse, the Nats will get a series win against the Cardinals in the next few days.  Then they'll have a 50/50 shot at a World Series win against the AL team.

Where is the Redskins' second win? Third win?

let's see, we have a Mystics team that just won a championship, a Caps team that recently won a championship, a Nats team on the cups of a World Series, and the Skins- the laughingstock of the NFL who I think a Fox commentator said isn't even an NFL caliber team.

Archived