Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: When will Gruden be fired

Riggo-toni

When will El Dano fire Jay Gruden?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. When will El Dano fire Jay Gruden?

• After we lose to the Giants
    • After we get humiliated by the Patriots
    • After we lose to the hapless Dolphins
    • After the end of the season
    • He comes back in 2020

And even if they fire Gruden, they'll put Doug out there to announce it and deal with the questions, where he'll say nothing of note and sound like he doesn't know a thing about the inner workings of the organization. 

2 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

I voted end of the season. We’ll get the overall #1pick next draft and then not have the courage to draft an elite QB like the Cardinals did.

Without even giving Haskins a chance? That would be pretty stupid to throw away a 15th overall QB pick without seeing what he can do. And, FTR, Murray at this point isn't really doing any better than Rosen was at the same point last year. That's not to say he can't improve, but the guy is still a question mark. 

4 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Dan and Bruce are currently on a Crown Royal run.

Let the firings commence.

Make note of the fact that they still refuse to address the team, media, or fans, and left that to the guy they've already sent walking the plank.

Pathetic losers is an understatement.

You mean Crown Royal and Coors light.  

But yeah those two squirming out of the building is gross.  And things won't get better.  

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Skins fans pining for Gibbs to come save us just shows that some have learned nothing from Snyder's tenure. Stop looking to the past to become the future. Get with the times, build a Front Office like every other sports franchise in 2019. I don't even like the idea of Gibbs as a consultant. He's out of the game too long, doesn't know anybody new, and loved Vinny Cerrato. You need someone who has football contacts from this ****ing decade at least. 

Agreed.

If I had the chance to, I wouldn't bother with bringing Gibbs here.

What has he done to deserve such ****ty treatment?  That would be so cruel to a man who brought this team to glory, but football has changed, players have become troublesome, and the overall experience of day to day operations and guidelines have changed, and this is something Gibbs would have to learn, and he's already up there in age, and I doubt he could take it.

****, most of us fans are completely pissed about how this team is being run into the ground, it would break Gibbs, and I sure as hell don't want that for the man.

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

And even if they fire Gruden, they'll put Doug out there to announce it and deal with the questions, where he'll say nothing of note and sound like he doesn't know a thing about the inner workings of the organization. 

Doug was a great Redskin, but should not be involved with decision making nor should he ever be put in front of a microphone.

Just now, mistertim said:

Without even giving Haskins a chance? That would be pretty stupid to throw away a 15th overall QB pick without seeing what he can do. And, FTR, Murray at this point isn't really doing any better than Rosen was at the same point last year. That's not to say he can't improve, but the guy is still a question mark. 

It all depends on how you grade Tua and Burrows and the other guys. If you like them a ton more, it doesn't really matter what you think of Haskins, just like with Murray and Rosen. If you like a guy a ton more, you just gotta bite the bullet. 

It's too early to have this conversation of course. 

7 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Chris Thompson cried discussing Gruden and how much he loves him in the post-game.

Wonder if Jay told the team he thinks he’s done.

Chris was crying last week on his weekly interview with the Junkies, think he's just an emotional guy.

1 minute ago, Hooper said:

Doug was a great Redskin, but should not be involved with decision making nor should he ever be put in front of a microphone.

Of course not. He wasn't even qualified for the job he got in personnel, never mind the fake "promotion" to figurehead afterwards. I've railed on doug (in this position, of course he is a great part of our history as a player) enough though so I won't go on about it. 

2 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Chris Thompson cried discussing Gruden and how much he loves him in the post-game.

All but certain the team knows something, a grown man doesn’t cry like that on TV because he thinks something is up, it’s because he knows something.

Bruce Allen meanwhile riding shotgun with Dan.  My “sell the team” shirt can’t get here fast enough.  

4 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Makes sense, I feel for CT, as much as I joked about their connection in the gameday thread.

Gruden gave CT chances no other coach probably would have while he kept getting injured, pounded the table to draft him (or at least keep him, CT may have been a Shanahan guy don't remember) coming off of that back injury in college that threatened his career. It took years before keeping CT around on IR paid dividends, and CT has Jay to thank for every penny he has essentially. I totally get it, and I'm sure Gruden is a really likable guy to the locker room (and doesn't really push guys in practice or training camp but that's a whole other thing to get into). 

6 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Chris has cause. I don't think any other QB would have kept him on the roster (or on IR) for three consecutive years without him ever contributing on the field. Chris basically redshirted his rookie, sophomore, and junior years with this team. It turned out to be one of Gruden's better moves, but it was an example of patience you don't see much of in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Hmmmm. Could the leaked video of Jay wasted have been a deliberate attempt to create a just cause.....

Technically they wouldn't need a reason other than saying " I think the team needs to head in a different direction and philosophy "; you know, something stupidly obvious.

Jay is toast.

This is obvious.

The BIG unknown is whether or not Bruce Allen will be canned. THIS is absolutely priority #1. We have to accept the fact that Snyder isn't selling the team, but anything outside of that should be open season, mainly Bruce Allen's head on a pike.

No more whining and ****ing about Bruce, a serious movement needs to really take off demanding Allen is removed from EVERYTHING Redskins-related. Nothing short of Bruce Allen fired is acceptable and would be considered status-quo.

1 minute ago, skins island connection said:

Technically they wouldn't need a reason other than saying " I think the team needs to head in a different direction and philosophy "; you know, something stupidly obvious.

They'd need just cause to say Gruden violated the morals clause of his contract and isn't entitled to another dime. The posted videos don't provide that, however.

2 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

Jay is toast.

This is obvious.

The BIG unknown is whether or not Bruce Allen will be canned. THIS is absolutely priority #1. We have to accept the fact that Snyder isn't selling the team, but anything outside of that should be open season, mainly Bruce Allen's head on a pike.

No more whining and ****ing about Bruce, a serious movement needs to really take off demanding Allen is removed from EVERYTHING Redskins-related. Nothing short of Bruce Allen fired is acceptable and would be considered status-quo.

Yeah, I don't think any coach, front office, or team could say with a straight face they've been too impatient or unfair with Jay. He's had six years. He's now the coach of the worst team in the NFL.

Just now, skins island connection said:

Jay is toast.

This is obvious.

I think we all know that nothing will get rid of Bruce Allen. The guy is basically Boris the Blade from Snatch; dude is just impossible to get rid of. Though Boris was a far more likable character and actually has some discernible talents.

4 minutes ago, profusion said:

They'd need just cause to say Gruden violated the morals clause of his contract and isn't entitled to another dime. The posted videos don't provide that, however.

Yea, true. I wasn't considering whether Jay's contract would be voided, I was referring to just being canned and he gets paid whatever is left on his contract.

1 minute ago, skins island connection said:

Yea, true. I wasn't considering whether Jay's contract would be voided, I was referring to just being canned and he gets paid whatever is left on his contract.

This is Dan Snyder we're talking about. Graceful separations just aren't on the menu.

They wouldn't have a leg to stand on trying to fire Jay "for cause" and not giving him his money. The guy may be a ****ty HC and play caller but he seems like a genuinely good dude, appears to be very much liked by the players as a person, and hasn't been involved in anything untoward (that video to me is a nothingburger). Just fire him, give him his money, and move on to the next retread that Allen can find who will do his bidding for enough money. Then prepare for another few years of sucking. Rinse and repeat. 

Archived