Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it time to go Nuclear on Snyder???

Renegade7

Is there strong enough case to get owners to force Snyder to sell the team???  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Is there strong enough case to get owners to force Snyder to sell the team???

• Yes
    • No
    • I dont know
    • I dont care
    • This is so bad we need to move this thread to tailgate to fully discuss it

@Skinsinparadise I think your pms are full

Theres definitely a lot of people that want to do something,  but not sure what or if it will matter.  What do you think of these articles being more scathing then our letter idea which the nfl sued Bengals fans over?  What do you think of the cease and desist letter, would a Facebook group and twitter account be better?

http://mikebrownsucks.com/cease.html

How much of list I started still makes sense?  Should we try to get the giants fans involved to target the last home game as the emptiest we can possibly get?  I want to hand our flyers with QR codes to help start Sell the Team chants,  but is it a waste of time?  I want to start a thread in the tailgate putting every idea on the table for people to pick from or add to with goal to get him to sell the team.  If it forces him to fire Allen, I'll take that, then see what happens.

What you think?. I want a protest this season, are you suggesting to wait and see how bad this season gets for if Dan will fire Bruce as well?  I believe theres some truth he doesnt want to because they are in middle of getting stadium in DC deal done, I want to protest them getting government money for the stadium and block that deal at least until Allen is gone, but that sounds like a tailgate thread, this thread should be in the tailgate to put all our cards on the table, imo.

I'm for supporting any idea that comes back to targeting Snyder.  Anyone should address this how they want, I want something at the stadium no one can ignore at minimum.

I'll respond a little later today because am on deadline for something.  I'll say this for now.

I am very pleased with the fan reaction to the Jay firing which has been to mostly shrug it off and refocus on Bruce and Dan.  That's new territory for Dan.  Usually the firing of a coach provides all the red meat he needs to settle down the fan base.  But that's not the case this time.

I am thinking the timing might be better towards the end of the season, giving time for the walls of the castle so to speak fall down.   As for what and how, I keep changing my mind.  But I'll post on this later today at some point.

I think most of what needs to be done hopefully happens organically.  And i see some signs that it is headed that way.  But I think we can come up with our own version of adding to that pile.   From my experience it has to be a pile of stuff. 

I wouldn't wait, just figure out how to keep the pressure on for the entire season and how to get the fans involved. Just ask that they spend their Redskins money on the cause rather than paying Dan for parking, tickets, concessions, and jerseys for the year. A lot of money could be raised because obviously after 20 years nothing is going to change and nobody wants to keep watching Wile E Coyote blow himself up on repeat any longer.

Saw an interview, or at least a clip of one with Lavar Arrington, I am sure some of what he said has bits of truth in it, but I also take what he says with a grain of salt since he has been bitter over just about every single coach who actually tried to.....coach him. 

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

@Skinsinparadise I think your pms are full

Theres definitely a lot of people that want to do something,  but not sure what or if it will matter.  What do you think of these articles being more scathing then our letter idea which the nfl sued Bengals fans over?  What do you think of the cease and desist letter, would a Facebook group and twitter account be better?

http://mikebrownsucks.com/cease.html

How much of list I started still makes sense?  Should we try to get the giants fans involved to target the last home game as the emptiest we can possibly get?  I want to hand our flyers with QR codes to help start Sell the Team chants,  but is it a waste of time?  I want to start a thread in the tailgate putting every idea on the table for people to pick from or add to with goal to get him to sell the team.  If it forces him to fire Allen, I'll take that, then see what happens.

What you think?. I want a protest this season, are you suggesting to wait and see how bad this season gets for if Dan will fire Bruce as well?  I believe theres some truth he doesnt want to because they are in middle of getting stadium in DC deal done, I want to protest them getting government money for the stadium and block that deal at least until Allen is gone, but that sounds like a tailgate thread, this thread should be in the tailgate to put all our cards on the table, imo.

I'm for supporting any idea that comes back to targeting Snyder.  Anyone should address this how they want, I want something at the stadium no one can ignore at minimum.

Thank you for all of your ideas, I'm starting to think that we have to have one common goal which would be to try and force out Bruce Allen. Dan selling the team seems like a more difficult goal to reach. Joe Gibbs is an advisor to Dan isn't he? Do we send letters to him? I'll look for the thread in the tailgate...I also think we need t-shirts to wear exposing Bruce and Dan. Bruce's performance at the last presser was an insult to us fans, it's time we start hammering him directly. 

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

Bruce's performance at the last presser was an insult to us fans, it's time we start hammering him directly. 

It's only an insult from Bruce because Dan won't come outside. He's been the actual problem for 20 years and firing Bruce and not changing how he is doing things changes nothing. He'll just find a way to keep on doing it the only way he wants to since he fired Marty for taking the fun out of it for him.

Just now, TheMalcolmConnection said:

I have this feeling any movement will be one of those things where like 30-40 people show up and it looks sad. :(

This has to be something where literally thousands of people take place for change to really happen.

That's why you need to figure out how to raise some money, gofundme or Kickstarter or whatever they're doing now, and put up a billboard in DC on the freeway, full page in the Washington Post, fan tailgates elsewhere during the game rooting for the Dolphin or whoever in public, invite the media etc.

7 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

It's only an insult from Bruce because Dan won't come outside. He's been the actual problem for 20 years and firing Bruce and not changing how he is doing things changes nothing. He'll just find a way to keep on doing it the only way he wants to since he fired Marty for taking the fun out of it for him.

I don't disagree, but I believe forcing the firing or resignation of Bruce is a good place to start for now. Maybe then Dan has to take the stand and face the music? We need to pull this clown out of his tent...and embarrass him.

36 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Thank you for all of your ideas, I'm starting to think that we have to have one common goal which would be to try and force out Bruce Allen. Dan selling the team seems like a more difficult goal to reach. Joe Gibbs is an advisor to Dan isn't he? Do we send letters to him? I'll look for the thread in the tailgate...I also think we need t-shirts to wear exposing Bruce and Dan. Bruce's performance at the last presser was an insult to us fans, it's time we start hammering him directly. 

Appreciate that.  The reason why I believe we should stay focused on Dan is because it will be an easier message and target that may force Dan to fire Bruce jus to calm the situation down. The problem with going after Bruce is he is a symptom of Dan, Vinny campaign worked only in replacing him with a smarter yes man. 

I dont think Dan will sell, either, but if we are going to go all in, let's go all in to see what he does.  We also gotta keep in mind he not only has a stupid amount of pride Dan genuinely doesnt know what hes doing and need someone who does.  He doesnt jus need to make moves to placate us he needs to get someone who knows what hes doing that wont fire for telling him what he doesnt want to hear.

I wont get in anyone's way in terms of how they want to go after this.  I'll jus say I'd rather keep this on the true problem to see if he changes versus giving him the go ahead to replace another scapegoat.  If we are finally at the point of an organized protests, let go for the jugular because hell likely fire Bruce to get us to stop if it gets bad enough.

On 9/24/2019 at 12:54 PM, Boss_Hogg said:

Only thing that's going to get Snyder to sell are multiple #metoo accusations. 

They don't even need to be verifiable. Just start posting accusations. Bear with me--but let's start a go fund me to get a bunch of hookers... 

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

They don't even need to be verifiable. Just start posting accusations. Bear with me--but let's start a go fund me to get a bunch of hookers... 

That will set back the #metoo movement more then it already has. I know you joking, but let's not joke about that. Sure fire way to get this thread closed, imo.

On 10/7/2019 at 10:16 AM, mammajamma said:

This tweet makes no sense.. if its that bad, of course we want it to come to light... why do people still think this fanbase cares about the franchise looking bad? we're already more than aware of the ****tyness of this franchise

Probably because there are plenty of fans that still attack mediot styled pieces ripping into the franchise. I first read the term "mediot" from redskins fans talking about a piece that was an honest opinion piece that's of course been thoroughly backed up by unfolding of history since said piece was written. Many Redskins fans exhibit a loyalty to the bitter end attitude towards think pieces on the team. That percentage of the fan base has probably been substantially whittled down over the years, but it's still there. Whenever there are negative pieces in the offseason, fans immediately start ripping into the speculative pieces in the article, or the lazy pieces (offseason spending champs, a story that's largely not been relevant for most of the past decade). 

That's why. 

On 10/8/2019 at 7:53 AM, DJHJR86 said:

The only way to go full blown nuclear on Snyder is to just stop being a fan of this garbage team and pick another one.  I know several people who have either done this or are seriously considering doing so.  The Ravens aren't that far away and they are a much better ran organization.  

I think people in that 30 and under bracket could probably do that since so many people are fans of players more than teams w/the NBA and to a lesser extent, the NFL, but guys 40+ like me? We were born in an era where you had your team, or chose it very young and that was that. I'm a fan of the Capitals, Redskins, and Boulez because my older brother was born in Northern Virginia while my parents were living there from '68-'74 before they moved back in the Bay Area in time for me to be born. I was young and impressionable. Believe me, if there was anyway humanly possible to become a Niners or Warriors fan instead of a Redskins and Boulez fan, I would've done it 10,000 times over. If the Sharks weren't Capitals West (choking in the playoffs, repeatedly giving away multigame leads in the playoffs) I might have done that too until '18. It's just not something I could ever do. The closest I was ever able to do was growing up I hated the Giants/A's team colors so I chose the Expos in the National League and the Indians in the American because I was a redskins fan and liked Native American Culture (it was a different, more naive world back then for me), I was able to convert to Nationals because they moved to DC, and kept my Indians fandom, but that's it. I've never been able to change anything other than College Sports (I added Rainbow warriors for the Rainbow on the helmet as a kid, and added Cal when I attended UCB). 

Switching teams for most of us is just impossible, the best we can do is apathy and flat out ignoring all things redskins other than trashing the team and the owner which I enjoy and the draft, my fandom has dropped about 90% in strength and attention since around 2007.

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

@Renegade7

Haven't forgotten about putting some action in place.  I think timing though is critical.  I agree with what Sheehan said this morning which is the theme to Bruce's press conference is Jay was the problem and all will be right with Callahan now.  My hunch is to let that play out a little because I suspect it won't play out well.

I suspect Bruce has reassured Dan that the fans will come around once their season picks up.  They got some ego on the line in the next three games for different reasons.  I suspect they go 1-2 and then a losing streak keeps running.  I think we have to run that script some.  the billboard idea to me is intriguing, wonder if anyone here has done one?  I haven't.  But its simple in theory because all it would require is donations versus work aside from securing a billboard -- ditto a newspaper ad. 

Terrible Idea. Instead try: 

"It really is true. We Hate You. Sell the team, loser." 

Giving him any sense that we believe he can fix the team, as in by suggesting it, is idiotic. Does anyone, anywhere think he can actually fix it? Hell no. Tell him to sell. Humiliate him. Don't empower him by suggesting he's capable of something he clearly isn't capable of doing.  

We don't want to start from a position that suggests fixing anything is within his power. The only way for it to be fixed is if he dies or he sells. 

13 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

"It really is true. We Hate You. Sell the team, loser." 

Giving him any sense that we believe he can fix the team, as in by suggesting it, is idiotic. Does anyone, anywhere think he can actually fix it? Hell no. Tell him to sell. Humiliate him. Don't empower him by suggesting he's capable of something he clearly isn't capable of doing.  

We don't want to start from a position that suggests fixing anything is within his power. The only way for it to be fixed is if he dies or he sells. 

We'e been talking here about sell the team pressure.  My point wasn't the specific statement on the billboard but the concept itself.  But yeah I agree. 

43 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

Probably because there are plenty of fans that still attack mediot styled pieces ripping into the franchise. I first read the term "mediot" from redskins fans talking about a piece that was an honest opinion piece that's of course been thoroughly backed up by unfolding of history since said piece was written. Many Redskins fans exhibit a loyalty to the bitter end attitude towards think pieces on the team. That percentage of the fan base has probably been substantially whittled down over the years, but it's still there. Whenever there are negative pieces in the offseason, fans immediately start ripping into the speculative pieces in the article, or the lazy pieces (offseason spending champs, a story that's largely not been relevant for most of the past decade). 

That's why. 

Theres a difference between defending the team from predictions we will have a 2-14 record and claiming unfair treatment of Snyder.  This is the official team message board, who's defending this guy anymore? No one, that ship has sailed, that overall  number is borderline igonrable I think it's that small.  What I think you mean is people that will still go to the games, but that's not because they agree with Snyder.

Archived