Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How was the stadium crowd today?

hail2skins

1 hour ago, Rocky52Mc said:

It's an understatement to say I was really disappointed yesterday with how Fedex looked and felt. I was in 402, from that view the stadium was half full. 

The stadium was half full for a game between the Redskins and the Cowboys in week 2 on a perfectly sunny Sunday. 

You've got to be ****ing kidding me. Cowboys fans owned the atmosphere from what I gathered. I've been going to FedEx regularly for 14 years now, that was one of the most pathetic early season turnouts I've ever seen. I've never been a fan of bashing the FO, but they're literally losing a ton of cash by sucking and I'm not sure I can tell someone in there really cares?

I’m not sure Synder is bothered by attendance.  Sure, it’s a bad look - but TV revenue share is where he gets most of the money.

It was 60-40 at best in favor of Dallas.  Pretty much the entire lower bowl behind the Dallas bench was blue, and at best 50-50 the rest of the way up.

I dont agree the crowd noise was equal at all, I was there, Redskins fan were never as loud as Dallas fans.  We had to call timeouts twice because of crowd noise and Dak had to quite the crowd a couple times.  This might as well have been an away game.

The only reason it looked full was because of the number of cowboys fans that showed up.  Take them out and its half-empty and a funeral 

Can you imagine how awful it must feel to sit in the owners box and watch your stadium overtaken by opposing teams fans, your #1 hated rival (to you, not them), and hear them cheer for the ass-whooping they are putting on your team, to the point they need to tell 'your crowd' to hush?

I don't care how much money you have, that has got to be among the lowest of lows for the owner of any franchise.  Particularly one who grew up a fan of the team he owns and watched them win and be the absolute toast of the town.

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Can you imagine how awful it must feel to sit in the owners box and watch your stadium overtaken by opposing teams fans, your #1 hated rival (to you, not them), and hear them cheer for the ass-whooping they are putting on your team, to the point they need to tell 'your crowd' to hush?

I don't care how much money you have, that has got to be among the lowest of lows for the owner of any franchise.  Particularly one who grew up a fan of the team he owns and watched them win and be the absolute toast of the town.

I doubt he cares... tix still equal money in his pocket. We are looking at it from a fan perspective...

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The shot during the later part of the game was priceless. The little prick looks completely defeated:

11 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I hope he's miserable.  He deserves to suffer for the atrocity of turning a once proud franchise into a laughingstock.

1 minute ago, SemperFi Skins said:

I doubt he cares... tix still equal money in his pocket. We are looking at it from a fan perspective...

Once you have as much money as Snyder does, you want more than just $.  In the offseason, he can drown his pain with a new yacht, but once the season gets started again - and he's watching his team get blown out by a hated rival in his house filled with their fans, money starts to mean less.  It has to, unless he really is this awful, evil, greedy man many believe him to be.  I personally don't think he's that guy.  I just think he's fixated on doing things his way and proving people wrong and is too naive to realize that it's never, ever going to happen his way.

Club seats for Monday night (a full week from now) can be had for under $90 on Stubhub (fees included). Really, who would want to go? The team is 0-2 and now we're just in the waiting game for when they put Haskins in (which I think happens by week 6 against Miami, after the Pats come in and boat race this team).

I expect a crowd for next game much like we had for most games last season, but the funny accounting will lead them to announce attendance above 70K. 

This has been an on going discussion for several years now.  The team consistently sucks and the stadium/game experience is awful.  That combination results in games like yesterday and last year against the colts. 

I was at the first game last year in AZ.  Their fans had some hope but most knew they weren't even a .500 team.   The stadium was full.  The fans were excited.   There were several thousand Skins fans there as well.  The Cardinals were bad last year obviously but the stadium is beautiful and the experience is very good IMO.

Every year I try to go to a game.  Every year I consider going to a home game but then I hear how bad the experience is and just go to an away game.  This year it will be NY in two weeks.  I hope some day this franchise has a quality stadium and a competitive team.  Until then I guess Ill see you on the road - as long as I keep going anyway.

Regarding attendance, the only good thing Dan has going for him is that the DMV is a very transient area and is in close proximity to winning franchises so it makes it easier for opposing teams fans to travel. So Dan will always get his money from ticket sales and concessions.

I don't think he cares what color the threads are in the crowd, just as long as they fork over some green for warm bear and cold fries

10 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

.Every year I try to go to a game.  Every year I consider going to a home game but then I hear how bad the experience is and just go to an away game.  This year it will be NY in two weeks.  I hope some day this franchise has a quality stadium and a competitive team.  Until then I guess Ill see you on the road - as long as I keep going anyway.

Be curious to know how you like NY. I went to the game at MetLife in 2016 and the stadium is nice, but I thought the Giants fans were kind of blah during a decent back-and-forth game. Can only imagine what their mood is like after the past few seasons of suck.

You'll be relatively close to the new digs in Vegas and LA next season though!

11 minutes ago, VeroViper said:

Watching the game on television I could have sworn I heard "DEFENSE!, DEFENSE!" chants several times in the second half when the skins had the ball. Can anyone confirm this?

I was there, absolutely true. Dallas fans were louder then redskins fans, watching on tv did this reality no justice.  There might be mkre outrage if they didnt mess with crowd noise during broadcasts, it was obvious 

6 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Once you have as much money as Snyder does, you want more than just $.  In the offseason, he can drown his pain with a new yacht, but once the season gets started again - and he's watching his team get blown out by a hated rival in his house filled with their fans, money starts to mean less.  It has to, unless he really is this awful, evil, greedy man many believe him to be.  I personally don't think he's that guy.  I just think he's fixated on doing things his way and proving people wrong and is too naive to realize that it's never, ever going to happen his way.

I'd add that we are likely in a vicious cycle because I doubt he'd ever want to sell the team in the context of ending up a loser.  so he will hang on until/if it turns around, I think.  It's the narrative I've heard beat guys mention about Bruce which is he doesn't want to ever leave on a low but a high -- where he's vindicated. 

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd add that we are likely in a vicious cycle because I doubt he'd ever want to sell the team in the context of ending up a loser.  so he will hang on until/if it turns around, I think.  It's the narrative I've heard beat guys mention about Bruce which is he doesn't want to ever leave on a low but a high -- where he's vindicated. 

Doesn’t everyone though?  Nobody wants to head out with their tail head hung low.  

In my experience, most people that suck at their jobs think they are good, and it’s other people, situations, and bad luck that make them ‘look’ bad. 

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Doesn’t everyone though?  Nobody wants to head out with their tail head hung low.  

In my experience, most people that suck at their jobs think they are good, and it’s other people, situations, and bad luck that make them ‘look’ bad. 

Sure, my point is the irony is the stinking is likely making their longevity here to stay.  It's a depressing thought. 

On the flip side, this was one of the most peaceful games I've ever been to. We've had season tickets since FedEx opened and I've been to many Cowboys games over the years. We always leave angry either from a loss or from the foul mouthed, hyper-bro-aggressive Cowboys fans. This time all the Cowboys fans I met were very gracious and friendly. They obviously feel very at home at FedEx now and don't want to start fights in their own house. 

Archived