Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Injury Tracker - 2019 - Award winning training staff edition - UPDATE 9/13

TMK9973

So let's see, it's week 2 and I'd like to go over the players who already have the potential of not playing or are out/out for the season. 

Jon Allen, Trent Williams, Montae Nicholson, Rueben Foster, Derrius Guice, Caleb Brantley, Jordan Reed, Fabian Moreau, Greg Stroman, Quinton Dunbar, Colt McCoy. No big deal, just 20% of the roster injured to some extent before week 2. 

I remember after 2 years of being the most injured team in the league, people were saying it was a coincidence and that injuries happen. I don't think you can make a case for that anymore, there is something very wrong here. 

4 hours ago, TMK9973 said:

From Todays (9/16) presser.  Jon Allen will do individual drills Wed.  Moreau will be doing individual drills and is close.  Dunbar was "Not as close as we thought he would be".  

Definitely don't want to rush Allen back if his knee is still at serious risk (remember RG3). The nice thing about this game is I think Norman matches up well with Allen Robinson (he is the slower big bodied type). We still do need to be worried though about Anthony Miller and some of their other receivers

On 9/14/2019 at 11:05 PM, Burgundy Yoda said:

So let's see, it's week 2 and I'd like to go over the players who already have the potential of not playing or are out/out for the season. 

Jon Allen, Trent Williams, Montae Nicholson, Rueben Foster, Derrius Guice, Caleb Brantley, Jordan Reed, Fabian Moreau, Greg Stroman, Quinton Dunbar, Colt McCoy. No big deal, just 20% of the roster injured to some extent before week 2. 

I remember after 2 years of being the most injured team in the league, people were saying it was a coincidence and that injuries happen. I don't think you can make a case for that anymore, there is something very wrong here. 

Take Trent out, he’s not injured, He’s a special case.

Jon Allen - injury history

Montae Nicholson - injury history

Rueben Foster - injury history 

Derrius Guice - injury history 

Caleb Brantley actually don’t know.

Jordan Reed - injury history 

Fabian Morea not sure

Greg Stroman didn’t he end last year on IR?

Quinton Dunbar injury history 

Colt McCoy injury history 

so, basically the guys who seem to get hurt are hurt again?

SHOCKING!

My issue is not that players get injured (well -Maybe to a bit it is). but its how Redskins players are the only ones that done get better.

I havent checked every team - but looking at weekly injury lists for at least all the NFC east teams- the status of players on the injured list either stay the same, or 1/4 to 1/3 on the list get better as the week goes on.

For the Redskins -Whatever you are listed on Wednesday practice- will be the highest you are for the week (including game day).  No one seems to improve. 

15 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Take Trent out, he’s not injured, He’s a special case.

Jon Allen - injury history

Montae Nicholson - injury history

Rueben Foster - injury history 

Derrius Guice - injury history 

Caleb Brantley actually don’t know.

Jordan Reed - injury history 

Fabian Morea not sure

Greg Stroman didn’t he end last year on IR?

Quinton Dunbar injury history 

Colt McCoy injury history 

so, basically the guys who seem to get hurt are hurt again?

SHOCKING!

Allen played all 16 games last year.  Moreau played all 16 games for us both seasons.   Stroman did not end last year on IR.  Last year was the first time Dunbar ended up hurt for a significant amount of time

5 hours ago, carex said:

Allen played all 16 games last year.  Moreau played all 16 games for us both seasons.   Stroman did not end last year on IR.  Last year was the first time Dunbar ended up hurt for a significant amount of time

Allen was an injury risk coming out of college which is why he fell.  Then he missed most of his rookie campaign.  Now he’s hurt again.

Moreau I might have wrong.  

But the point still holds.  The players who are hurt are mostly the same ones who are always hurt.  

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Allen was an injury risk coming out of college which is why he fell.  Then he missed most of his rookie campaign.  Now he’s hurt again.

Moreau I might have wrong.  

But the point still holds.  The players who are hurt are mostly the same ones who are always hurt.  

Allen was at risk for his shoulders, hasn't had a shoulder problem in the league

1 minute ago, carex said:

Allen was at risk for his shoulders, hasn't had a shoulder problem in the league

Are you really trying to argue that guys who are currently hurt don’t have injury concerns in general?  

If so. then God bless you.  

Bruce did the last 2 off seasons the team gets a boost from all the guys coming back from injury.  What happens?  A bunch of the same guys get hurt again.  

If you are trying to argue against facts because of .... whatever your reason, then go for it.  But again, you’re trying to argue against factual evidence.  Not sure what you’re trying to do here.

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Are you really trying to argue that guys who are currently hurt don’t have injury concerns in general?  

If so. then God bless you.  

Bruce did the last 2 off seasons the team gets a boost from all the guys coming back from injury.  What happens?  A bunch of the same guys get hurt again.  

If you are trying to argue against facts because of .... whatever your reason, then go for it.  But again, you’re trying to argue against factual evidence.  Not sure what you’re trying to do here.

correlation with out causation, Allen's knee injury and foot injury have nothing to do with the reason he was declared an injury risk

•  

• DE Jonathan Allen is going through individual drills after missing last weeks game with a sprained knee. His return would be a huge boost for the DL. Strengthens their rotation considerably.

View image on Twitter
    17s
    •  
    •  
  •  

Linebacker Noah Spence is on the field going through drills. The Redskins placed Domonique Rodgers-Cromartie on IR To make room. He hurt his leg vs Dallas.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

DRC to IR for the Noah Spence addition...

I can definitely see us in the running for Ramsey now... How many CB's do we actually have left!?!? Dunbar hurt, DRC to IR, Moreau nothing but potential,??

Colvin, Moreland, Norman? With trash on the practice squad...

48 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

So DRC tore something and is going on IR.  He went back in and played after the injury.  Does the medical staff just not know how to diagnose a serious injury or am I missing something?

They dont know how to do any recovery or rehab.  So - you get hurt. Training staff CAN diagnose serious injury. But no serious injury they say "Oh - give it 2 days rest".

2 days go by - Player either "Still hurts" Training staff says "Well -I have no idea then.  IR"

Or player says "I feel better"  - Staff says "Cool. Go practice"  after practice says "It hurts again".  Staff "Oh -well - i guess its more serious. You are out this week"

I really think this may be the actual conversation. No other explanation!  

I'll just say that I think the number of guys on IR is not necessarily indicitave of our injury status. Maybe in total it is, but specific decisions come to roster spots and whether to cut or keep a guy. Young guys you may lose if you cut / injury settlement. But, especially with the returning guys rule there is potential for a bunch of guys to come back (only 2 but which 2). And its a serious question of do you want your 4th or 5th CB taking up a roster spot if he can't play? But then why isn't a guy like Reed on IR? Maybe thats more of a chess move, thinking we're making them think about defending him (they're not). 

Archived