Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Injury Tracker - 2019 - Award winning training staff edition - UPDATE 9/13

TMK9973

Latest update.  Besides Redskins tied for most players on IR (again).

I continue to watch and test my theory that Redskins players never get better during the week, and most other teams do.

Skins have 8 players on the Injured report this week.  5 did not practice yesterday (2 of them practiced Wed but not yesterday.  a 3rd practiced last week, out for the Cowboys game, and Did not practice Thursday.  

2 others had limited practice. Including Moses - who is new to the list this week.

In compression - 

Bears - 5 in injured list -only 1 did not practice

Cowboys - 14 on Injured list -6 did not practice 

Giants  -7 on injured list -only 2 didn't practice yesterday (4 didn't practice Wed. meaning, 2 players actually got upgraded during the week!)

Eagles - 13 on injured list -7 did not practice.   

50 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Andddd reed missing practice again too. This’ll be THREE out of 16 games so far this season he’ll miss. Everyone that said he’ll only be good for 12 games this season? You’re right. Also **** all of you 😂😂😂 (for being right, obviously) 

12 would be amazing. That ain't happening.

6 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

So Reed didn't practice yesterday, which means he is likely OUT sunday. That is going on what, nearly a month since the concussion and he is still out?  Dude should just retire. It sucks, but how many more concussions can he withstand without taking severe damage.  

Sadly, He probably already has suffered irreparable damage.  

On 9/18/2019 at 12:57 PM, TMK9973 said:

I get what you are saying. But besides the IR I've also shown how the Redskins seem to be the only team where a player doesnt get better as the week goes on.

Most teams have a few players on their injured report out or limited practice wed and play Sunday .

For us, if you are out wed, you are out Sunday .

Yeah, I've seen that and I'm not knocking your research but looking at the IR

Jordan Brailford    EDGE        Reserve/Injured    
Caleb Brantley    DT        Reserve/Injured    
Casey Dunn    C        Reserve/Injured    
Reuben Foster    ILB        Reserve/Injured    
Derrius Guice    RB        Reserve/Injured    
Myles Humphrey    DE        Reserve/Injured    
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie    DB        Reserve/Injured    
Greg Stroman    CB        Reserve/Injured    
Shaun Wilson    RB        Reserve/Injured    
Josh Woodrum    QB        Reserve/Injured    

Brailford, Dunn, Humphrey, Wilson, Woodrum may not have ever made the roster (and their injuries may not be season enders, but it may be something where we want to stash them and develop them on our roster instead of risking them. 

Then there's stuff about how Gruden is handling injuries this year. It seems like he's giving less information. I may be reading too much into this but he doesn't seem to be going into detail with each one. That said, you learn a lot more based on who's playing vs who's being talked about. So this is a good theory. But you also need to take into account things like rest days / veteran status and a simple players will power. Like, we haven't seen Moses on the Injury Report but Penn and others have talked about him being injured. Allen has said he's 100% playing Monday night and that may be a factor in this vs the medical staff. 

Ladies and gentlemen - We have a unique situation here!!

5 players on the Injured list this week got BETTER as the week went on.

Allen went from did not practice, to limited, to full

Moreau went from limited to full

Moses went from limited to full

Nicholson and Robert Davis went from did not practice to full.

We will win this game.  

Archived