Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Injury Tracker - 2019 - Award winning training staff edition - UPDATE 9/13

TMK9973

I looked and didn't see a thread like this.  I was hoping to have a thread as a single place to look for latest status of Injuries.  Focused on the Key players

Derrius Guice - Minor surgery from Dr Andrews. Out 6-8 weeks.  

Jonathan Allen - "Week to week" but doubtful for week 2 as of 9/10 .  9/12 - Gruden waiting for 2nd opinion. 9/13 - DID not practice Thursday. Doubtful for Sunday

*Side note- I again think every player should go to their own dr the day after a injury.  For BOTH these players the 2nd opinion was more optimistic and seemed to be their own recovery plan.  I am reading between the lines but in Grudens press conference when asked he had body language of just not knowing due to team Drs not being involved. For both players he said something like "We are just waiting for the full recovery plan and timeline for the other opinions".  

Jordon Reed - Gruden "Optimistic" - Listed as questionable.  9/12 - Limited in practice. But points to actually being able to play.  Update 9/13 - Limited practice for 2nd day in a row.  

Colt McCoy - He should be back in 2 or 3 weeks....oh wait. That was the training staffs update when he first got hurt last year.  Hes still out.  9/12 -NO progress.  Man - Those "2 or 3 weeks" sure seem to be dragging.  

Fabian Moreau - Questionable for week 2.  This is a injury that was suppose to be days, not weeks.  9/12 - Was limited in practice. Still listed as questionable. 9/13 - Limited practice.  

NEW 

Quinton Dunbar and Montae Nicholson - Questionable for Sunday. Nicholson did not practice and Dunbar had limited practice.  Stroman waived with injury settlement after not really being discussed and injured most of the off-season

Update on above -Nicholson did not practice and Dunbar was limited practice.  

Did I miss anyone?

I have a hard time understanding why the injury bug hits the Redskins harder then almost any other team in the league while we have a award winning training staff?

2 hours ago, TMK9973 said:

Did I miss anyone?

I have a hard time understanding why the injury bug hits the Redskins harder then almost any other team in the league while we have a award winning training staff?

Now granted,  It was a recognition award from the local hospital for driving profits through the roof last year.

I guess I'm just old fashioned.

A few weeks ago, I saw something on tv about the Redskins chef, and the array of healthy foods that he and his staff have created.

Some of the stuff looked like food for a mole or a ferret, maybe a turtle.

The appetites of some of these guys; well, put it this way, they eat more in one serving than most of us eat in 3 days! To offer them vitamin-free asparagus with a twist of champagne brussel sprouts and low fat olive oil?  WTF!?

Give those guys a damn triple meat/triple cheese w/ 8 slices of bacon grease-dripping cheeseburger!  and a beer! 

I know, I know, eating healthy is 'the thing' today, but go take a look at what is offered to the players, and tell me if any of it resembles in any way what they used to eat 20 years ago.

****, now I'm hungry....brb....

1 hour ago, TMK9973 said:

I looked and didn't see a thread like this.  I was hoping to have a thread as a single place to look for latest status of Injuries.  Focused on the Key players

Derrius Guice - Out for "A few weeks" as of 9/10

Jonathan Allen - "Week to week" but doubtfull for week 2 as of 9/10 (Anyone have a update?)

Jordon Reed - Gruden "Optimistic" - Listed as questionable

Colt McCoy - He should be back in 2 or 3 weeks....oh wait. That was the training staffs update when he first got hurt last year.  Hes still out.  

Fabian Moreau - Questionable for week 2.  This is a injury that was suppose to be days, not weeks. 

Did I miss anyone?

Reuben Foster

7 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

What was the training staff supposed to do to keep Reed from getting a concussion?

I don't know, I'm not a trainer. Maybe nothing 

But when your team leads the league in injuries 2 years In a row, and then you have 5 or 6 starters missing week 2..WEEK 2.. you have to start to accept it's not just bad luck

Update on 9/11

Jonathan Allen got a 2nd opinion - Crazy that he decided our award winning medical team might not be the best huh.  The 2nd opinion offered him better news. He may be back this week even.  

I hope EVERY PLAYER who gets hurt the next day goes and gets a 2nd opinion.  At this point -i would trust the nurse that is staffing the minute clinic at my local CVS over any team medical staff personal.  

16 hours ago, TMK9973 said:

I don't know, I'm not a trainer. Maybe nothing 

But when your team leads the league in injuries 2 years In a row, and then you have 5 or 6 starters missing week 2..WEEK 2.. you have to start to accept it's not just bad luck

Reeds concussion is just an unfortunate one, in my opinion. No way to keep from that dirty hit by the falcons player when reed was already on the ground. The other injuries though? I’d agree with you on those 

27 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Since when is Jordan Reeds injury not an injury, and so not to be included on a list of injuries?

I think the point is that he shouldn’t be grouped in with the other players (with this concussion) to say the training staff is awful. They ARE awful, but his latest concussion isn’t included in one of the reasons for them being awful.

1 hour ago, ExoDus84 said:

Colt still recovering from what was reporting as a hairline fracture in his leg LAST DECEMBER is pretty damning. What the hell did the training staff do to him to have it take a year to heal from a fractured leg bone? **** is ridiculous.

the training staff didn't do anything to him

On 9/10/2019 at 5:40 PM, TMK9973 said:

Did I miss anyone?

Heard on the junkies this morning Monte Nicholson is hurt.  I believe they said it was a foot injury and I assume happened in practice.  Not sure how serious.  

On 9/10/2019 at 7:24 PM, Califan007 said:

What was the training staff supposed to do to keep Reed from getting a concussion?

I see your point & its valid but if you are going to base this training & medicals staffs track record for the past several seasons around Jordans Reeds current concussion you are not going to make a very strong case. 

16 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I think the point is that he shouldn’t be grouped in with the other players (with this concussion) to say the training staff is awful. They ARE awful, but his latest concussion isn’t included in one of the reasons for them being awful.

Well, except the thread is titled Injury Tracker 2019, and "I was hoping to have a thread as a single place to look for latest status of Injuries. "

So unless Jordan Reeds injury isnt an injury, it should be classified as an injury regardless of how it happens in a thread that is just about injuries.  The consensus the OP is going for is that the staff is awful and we have too many injuries, that doesnt mean hes saying every injury that has ever happened is 100% their fault and at no time does he pretend that, yet Califan takes it upon himself to try and beat up that straw man.

Updates put in OP

10 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Well, except the thread is titled Injury Tracker 2019, and "I was hoping to have a thread as a single place to look for latest status of Injuries. "

So unless Jordan Reeds injury isnt an injury, it should be classified as an injury regardless of how it happens in a thread that is just about injuries.  The consensus the OP is going for is that the staff is awful and we have too many injuries, that doesnt mean hes saying every injury that has ever happened is 100% their fault and at no time does he pretend that, yet Califan takes it upon himself to try and beat up that straw man.

Agreed. This shouldn't just be about the terrible training staff.  I think just posting up to date injuries so we can keep up to date.

The fact that it will show how bad the training staff is in everything (ESP rehab) is just a side effect.  

Archived