Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Injury Tracker - 2019 - Award winning training staff edition - UPDATE 9/13

TMK9973

2 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

I'll just say that I think the number of guys on IR is not necessarily indicitave of our injury status. Maybe in total it is, but specific decisions come to roster spots and whether to cut or keep a guy. Young guys you may lose if you cut / injury settlement. But, especially with the returning guys rule there is potential for a bunch of guys to come back (only 2 but which 2). And its a serious question of do you want your 4th or 5th CB taking up a roster spot if he can't play? But then why isn't a guy like Reed on IR? Maybe thats more of a chess move, thinking we're making them think about defending him (they're not). 

I get what you are saying. But besides the IR I've also shown how the Redskins seem to be the only team where a player doesnt get better as the week goes on.

Most teams have a few players on their injured report out or limited practice wed and play Sunday .

For us, if you are out wed, you are out Sunday .

4 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

10 (TEN!!!!!) guys on IR, and it’s only week 3....**** this training staff. FIRE THEM!!!  

Training staff, nutritionists, the whole bunch !

This 'healthy eating' BS is great for the average person who doesn't blow through body fluids and calories and carbs like a monster. An office worker, sitting behind a desk, gets a beer belly, yea sure, eat healthy.

These guys' bodies are put through hell every day, and eating a celery stick with a twist of lime and dehydrated asparagus isn't the answer.

There's a video out there, it shows the Redskins gourmet cook and the dishes served to the players.  These guys aren't friggin' rabbits!! Its crap that belongs on a Gordon Ramsey show. Give these guys a cheese and grease-dripping triple cheeseburger with a bucket of fries, 2 bottles of ketchup and a gallon of root beer already !!

On 9/16/2019 at 6:16 PM, Voice_of_Reason said:

Take Trent out, he’s not injured, He’s a special case.

Jon Allen - injury history

Montae Nicholson - injury history

Rueben Foster - injury history 

Derrius Guice - injury history 

Caleb Brantley actually don’t know.

Jordan Reed - injury history 

Fabian Morea not sure

Greg Stroman didn’t he end last year on IR?

Quinton Dunbar injury history 

Colt McCoy injury history 

so, basically the guys who seem to get hurt are hurt again?

SHOCKING!

I can add more.

Morgan Moses? Injury history

Trey Quinn? Injury History

Paul Richardson? Yup

Chris Thompson? Only a matter of time

Robert Davis? Wouldn't surprise me

Chase Roullier (hes getting there)

Shaun Dion Hamilton? You know it!

At some point the team itself needs to be blamed for this non stop string of injured players. It's more than just injury history, its likely a combination of bad scouting, bad diet for football. I do wonder how the F Kerrigan somehow avoids it though. 

3 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

At some point the team itself needs to be blamed for this non stop string of injured players. It's more than just injury history, its likely a combination of bad scouting, bad diet for football. I do wonder how the F Kerrigan somehow avoids it though

Probably great conditioning that he himself has learned through his own personal trainer or personal training. 

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

Except if you include PUP we have 13 which is higher then everyone except Giants 

Also add the fact that we have been #1 or #2 for 3 seasons in a row! Other teams may have a bad year or so with injuries, but when it's every year.....

If I was Dak I would have been licking my chops seeing our crack medical staff clear DRC back out onto the field.

To say he was limping around noticeably presnap is almost an understatement.

Yep another player after being injured was sent back out there and ended up on IR.  Any last few stragglers still think that Trent is only holding out for more money.

Re-read the post I was responding to.

We did, doesnt make a difference.  Its amazing the lengths you go to every year to justify the massive injuries, and yet it doesnt help that every year we are leading the league in injuries.  No doubt we arent alone.  Every year there are several teams just as injured as us.  Saying thats okay is like saying because a few other people are almost as obese as us, that its okay.  Thats absurd, as usual.

Re-read the post I was responding to.

I did. AND???

The post states that we have 10 people on IR after only week 2 and the medical staff needs to be fired.

You posted a tweet that implies its not just a Redskins thing. But it IS.

Because none of those other teams are on the top of the list year after year after year.

Our medical staff is a joke.  You can come up with a 10000 excuses if you like. Bottom line - 

Year after year the Redskins are on top of the league with number of injured players and players missing games with injuries.

Year after year -Redskins players who get injured take longer to recover and miss more games then almost any other team.

2 hours ago, Peregrine said:

We did, doesnt make a difference.  Its amazing the lengths you go to every year to justify the massive injuries, and yet it doesnt help that every year we are leading the league in injuries.  No doubt we arent alone.  Every year there are several teams just as injured as us.  Saying thats okay is like saying because a few other people are almost as obese as us, that its okay.  Thats absurd, as usual.

Then you're completely clueless as to why I responded the way I did...not surprising or anything, you usually are when it comes to me lol.

2 hours ago, TMK9973 said:

I did. AND???

The post states that we have 10 people on IR after only week 2 and the medical staff needs to be fired.

You posted a tweet that implies its not just a Redskins thing. But it IS.

Because none of those other teams are on the top of the list year after year after year.

Our medical staff is a joke.  You can come up with a 10000 excuses if you like. Bottom line - 

Year after year the Redskins are on top of the league with number of injured players and players missing games with injuries.

Year after year -Redskins players who get injured take longer to recover and miss more games then almost any other team.

Triggered, I see lol...

The poster I quoted didn't mention the PUP list. You did.

The poster I quoted didn't mention past years. You did.

The poster I quoted didn't even respond to me. You did.

Maybe the poster I quoted understood what I was saying. And you didn't.

I'll clear it up, though, if you'd like. The 10 players on IR by week 2 this season appears to be more of a trend around the league than a result of mediocre medical and/or training staff. Meaning, it shouldn't be connected as a continuation of past years--especially since I don't think we ever had that many players on IR by week 2 before. One thing you may notice--or perhaps not--is that nowhere in that statement or my earlier post did I reach any conclusion about the source of injuries over the past 2 seasons or about whether or not the medical/training/whatever staff should be replaced. I only showed that basing it off of the number of players on IR this season (emphasis for your benefit) probably isn't a good idea.

If you are wanting the med/training staff replaced before this season started, go right on thinking that. If you weren't sure before, don't base your opinion on the "10 players on IR after week 2" stat. And what I'm assuming is that neither you or what's his ass above you had any clue at all about the number of players on IR around the league, you just felt that the Skins having that many on IR this season was evidence of "something" the medical/training staff was doing wrong. You probably don't know what that "something" is--none of us do--but hardly matters in your eyes, I'm guessing, could be wrong. That numerous other teams are going through the same IR issues doesn't add any context in your mind...cool. But it would be incredibly strange if 12 other teams are experiencing the same thing the Redskins are, but only the Skins are experiencing it due to inadequate medical and training staff. 

3 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Triggered, I see lol...

The poster I quoted didn't mention the PUP list. You did.

The poster I quoted didn't mention past years. You did.

The poster I quoted didn't even respond to me. You did.

Maybe the poster I quoted understood what I was saying. And you didn't.

I'll clear it up, though, if you'd like. The 10 players on IR by week 2 this season appears to be more of a trend around the league than a result of mediocre medical and/or training staff. Meaning, it shouldn't be connected as a continuation of past years--especially since I don't think we ever had that many players on IR by week 2 before. One thing you may notice--or perhaps not--is that nowhere in that statement or my earlier post did I reach any conclusion about the source of injuries over the past 2 seasons or about whether or not the medical/training/whatever staff should be replaced. I only showed that basing it off of the number of players on IR this season (emphasis for your benefit) probably isn't a good idea.

If you are wanting the med/training staff replaced before this season started, go right on thinking that. If you weren't sure before, don't base your opinion on the "10 players on IR after week 2" stat. And what I'm assuming is that neither you or what's his ass above you had any clue at all about the number of players on IR around the league, you just felt that the Skins having that many on IR this season was evidence of "something" the medical/training staff was doing wrong. You probably don't know what that "something" is--none of us do--but hardly matters in your eyes, I'm guessing, could be wrong. That numerous other teams are going through the same IR issues doesn't add any context in your mind...cool. But it would be incredibly strange if 12 other teams are experiencing the same thing the Redskins are, but only the Skins are experiencing it due to inadequate medical and training staff. 

triggered - Most over used comment on the Internet - "You disagree with me on a internet discussion board! You must be TRIGGERD" lol.  (Sidetack - i know).  

BTW -The guy whose post you were replying to put a "Thanks" on my reply. So i think we all understood it the same way.   You are posting that the Redskins having 10 players on the IR isnt a big deal cause lots are doing that.  

But i think its you that are missing the point (or ignoring it).  

EVERY YEAR is the same thing.  

Lets make this simpler.  What if I used your logic weekly.  

"Guys - Our team isnt bad. Who cares if we lose this week. 15 other teams ALSO lost this week". 

We could go 0-16 and every week you could say "We arent bad. 15 other teams lost this week".  But we we lose EVERY week -it means we are worse then the rest.

So again -There isnt something wrong with our medical staff because there are 10 players on the IR after week 3 this year.

There is something wrong with our medical staff because EVERY YEAR we lead the league.  

23 minutes ago, TMK9973 said:

triggered - Most over used comment on the Internet - "You disagree with me on a internet discussion board! You must be TRIGGERD" lol.  (Sidetack - i know).  

Has next to nothing to do with disagreeing...has everything to do with how you do and what you say when you do. 

BTW -The guy whose post you were replying to put a "Thanks" on my reply. So i think we all understood it the same way.

Yep, that's why I said "maybe" lol...words matter.

You are posting that the Redskins having 10 players on the IR isnt a big deal cause lots are doing that.

Not even close. I posted that tweet for the exact reason I just said in my last post: that using it as the basis for firing the medical staff may not be the right way to interpret it or the right conclusion to reach. 

But i think its you that are missing the point (or ignoring it).  

EVERY YEAR is the same thing.  

Lets make this simpler.  What if I used your logic weekly.  

"Guys - Our team isnt bad. Who cares if we lose this week. 15 other teams ALSO lost this week". 

We could go 0-16 and every week you could say "We arent bad. 15 other teams lost this week".  But we we lose EVERY week -it means we are worse then the rest.

That wasn't my logic at all. Lemme help:

Imagine you drive to work on a specific road, and over the course of 6 months you end up with a flat tire every single month. Your wife (assuming you're a guy here lol) tells you that you need to stop buying tires from that discount place because that's the reason you keep getting flat tires. Then the next month, you get a flat on your way to work, but 12 other cars also get flat tires that same morning on that same road. Wouldn't that point to something other than cheap tires, unless all drivers shop at the same discount tire store?

In that scenario, your wife could still be right...but the flat you got that morning may not be proof that she is.

Even if you're right about the last two years, it doesn't mean every single thing you say on the subject of injuries and the medical staff is right.

So again -There isnt something wrong with our medical staff because there are 10 players on the IR after week 3 this year.

Exactly. That was the point of my first post lol...glad we agree.

There is something wrong with our medical staff because EVERY YEAR we lead the league.

Never argued otherwise, although I still stand by my statement that none of us know if that is true or not. If, for example, Bruce's tendency to draft and/or sign players with injury histories in college/pros is a genuinely real issue, then maybe all these injuries are more or less inevitable, and changing medical/training staffs would be like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. 

6 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

That wasn't my logic at all. Lemme help:

Imagine you drive to work on a specific road, and over the course of 6 months you end up with a flat tire every single month. Your wife (assuming you're a guy here lol) tells you that you need to stop buying tires from that discount place because that's the reason you keep getting flat tires. Then the next month, you get a flat on your way to work, but 12 other cars also get flat tires that same morning on that same road. Wouldn't that point to something other than cheap tires, unless all drivers shop at the same discount tire store?

In that scenario, your wife could still be right...but the flat you got that morning may not be proof that she is.

Even if you're right about the last two years, it doesn't mean every single thing you say on the subject of injuries and the medical staff is right.

I think that examples shows what i (and others) are saying.  If every month i get a flat tire and my wife lectures me about getting a flat tire, and i get another one - EVEN If 12 other people got one on the same road on same day - the issue is clear.

Im a dumbass driver who buys cheap tires!.

So yeah -your example is spot on - Regardless of what is happening to other teams -the Redskins medical staff is terrible at keeping players healthy and recovering.  

You can keep making excuses - or dismissing every incident in as if they are happening in a vacuum, but they aren't.

You have a team that leads the league in missed games due to injuries

You have a team that a former player is suing them for a health issue

You have a team that another player is holding out due to medical staff

You have a team that week after week, is one of the only teams where players never seem to get any better on injury reports between Wed and game day

You have a team that, after only week 3 in the new season, once again leads the league in players missing out due to injury. 

This is called a pattern.  You cant just review each incident alone and say "its not so bad" you have to look at the entire picture.  

The post that said "We have 10 people on IR after week 3, fire the entire staff" wasn't saying fire them for JUST that reason.  He is saying it because the issues and pattern keep happening and 10 players on IR by week 3 shows that it is continuing to happen.

6 minutes ago, TMK9973 said:

You have a team that a former player is suing them for a health issue

Cravens isn't suing the team for a health issue...he's suing them because he felt they were somehow negligent when they declared him on the "Left Team/Retired" list (or whatever it's called), because he says they knew he was going to report back to the team. Has zero to do with health, although he makes it about his health in his tweets (for obvious reasons lol).

5 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Then you're completely clueless as to why I responded the way I did...not surprising or anything, you usually are when it comes to me lol.

Clueless, apt description of someone who thinks its a trend to have 10 players on IR, because 5 out of 32 teams do 😂

Archived