Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Schefter: Andrew Luck Retiring from NFL

CRobi21

3 hours ago, Forehead said:

As I recall, Luck was a really good college student and got a degree in architecture or engineering, or architectural engineering, something like that.  He could probably make a lucrative second career out of that if he chose.

Architecture 

After the degree you have to work as an intern for 3 years before taking the ARE (licensing exam).   I’m guessing he won’t be working long hours as an architectural intern making maybe $50k /yr as an intern for a few years to slowly work up to a higher salary after taking a PITA exam.

I love being an architect but with 80 -+/- mil in the bank I know I would find something else to do.

3 hours ago, Forehead said:

As I recall, Luck was a really good college student and got a degree in architecture or engineering, or architectural engineering, something like that.  He could probably make a lucrative second career out of that if he chose.

11 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Architecture 

After the degree you have to work as an intern for 3 years before taking the ARE (licensing exam).   I’m guessing he won’t be working long hours as an architectural intern making maybe $50k /yr as an intern for a few years to slowly work up to a higher salary after taking a PITA exam.

I love being an architect but with 80 -+/- mil in the bank I know I would find something else to do.

I would just buy an architect company if I were him

6 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

That is beyond messed up, I wish endless hell upon that franchise now.  Dude is not a robot, and basically gave them a mulligan after Manning broke his neck for them, literally. Fanbase Jus as classy as their owner...

I agree with your feelings on this one. They got a chance to get a great QB after Manning and the Gods gave them Luck.  They screwed up.  There was a period when the Colts made little or poor effort to address the OL and just assumed Luck would prevail.  They found out he could not. I thought the fans knew this.  So I am surprised the fans booed.   Maybe they are upset at the timing but either way its a crap reaction.   

7 hours ago, DoneMessedUp said:

Don't agree with it and def wouldn't do it myself but I can understand it. Having your franchise QB suddenly retire two weeks before the season is gonna get people's emotions going. 

Yeah, I think they're totally not booing the decision, they're booing the timing.  

Devastating for the Colts. No question it affects the morale of the locker room and especially some rookie players like Campbell or even TY. What I don’t understand is how did the fans know he retired during the game? Did he have this press conference during the game?

4 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Yeah, I think they're totally not booing the decision, they're booing the timing.  

If I'm all the way in DC area I find out he was pissing blood at some point because of these injuries, they have to know as well.  Shame on them if they either dont or knew and boo's anyway

18 minutes ago, max21 said:

Devastating for the Colts. No question it affects the morale of the locker room and especially some rookie players like Campbell or even TY. What I don’t understand is how did the fans know he retired during the game? Did he have this press conference during the game?

They have phones, the story broke online during the game.  People's phones were blowing up.

6 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Schefter should have reported this after the game, after watching Luck get booed while walking off the field, I kind of feel bad for him. 

And then somebody else woulda reported it.  Whether Luck would get booed walking off the field isnt and shouldnt be his concern.

9 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Did he really go from confident he would return to he's quitting football for good....in 5 weeks?

Last season, he was gushing about how much fun he was having being back and playing football again.  This year, not so much apparently.  I guess it comes quick. 

9 hours ago, Redskin4ever said:

I've always wondered if I was an pro athlete, how would I keep it secret I was retiring. You obviously have to tell your coach/GM/Owner. And there are a lot weasels in that group throughout the league. But good grief no one ever gets to go out on their own terms. I've never liked Schefter or Rappaport. I think they are both muckrakers who are emblematic of the twitterverse mentality of get it first before getting it right. They happen to be the guys who get it right more than the rest though.  But what bugs me most is that people in the league feed them this info despite the intentions of the person who actually has the news to give. Luck's the latest guy to have this happen to him. Tomorrow it will be someone else. 

The way Schefter told it this morning, basically the number of people that knew about it kept growing, and then Luck started telling teammates and the rest is history.  Lord knows who they told.  Once you start telling people that arent on a need-to-know basis, good luck.  

45 minutes ago, justice98 said:

That's what I think too.

I think the Colts fans are just unhappy at the timing, which I can understand.

I don't believe Luck just up and decided to retire. He has probably been contemplating this for months.

So they are probably unhappy that he waited seemingly till the last minute, kinda leaving the team in a lurch.

35 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

That's what I think too.

I think the Colts fans are just unhappy at the timing, which I can understand.

I don't believe Luck just up and decided to retire. He has probably been contemplating this for months.

So they are probably unhappy that he waited seemingly till the last minute, kinda leaving the team in a lurch.

In fairness, there's reports the Colts front office knew he was contemplating retirement back in March, well before even the draft.

16 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

If that is true, I wonder why they didn't make a move just in case?

It's tough, I'm sure if they drafted a QB, it would've guaranteed Lucks retirement.  They may have just been holding out hope in a 5% chance scenario versus a 0% chance.

11 hours ago, Llevron said:

Bust

RG3 was a bust.

Andrew went to the playoffs 4 times. His first 3 and last year.

He wasn't a bust.

Wish him well in his retirement. Who knows after a year off, he may want to come back.

I wonder if Andrew starts a new trend. A major player retiring in their prime; after the game literally phyically and mentally wears them down. Will other players who suffer the same fate, decide it's better to retire early?

Archived