desertbeagle85

Jordan Reed Is In Concussion Protocol

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

Both Colt and Case are FA after this year.

 

That's what I mean you keep the one that's the cheapest because they both are pretty close to the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be fine with both being gone next year but Gruden likes McCoy a lot.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I'd be fine with both being gone next year but Gruden likes McCoy a lot.  

 

Well I have a feeling Gruden won't be here next year. So that won't matter. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you look at all of the crap that's happened to him so far (sheesh), I'm surprised he's lasted this long. He's already had 5 concussions (not counting this most recent one if it turns out in fact to be one). I would think he will retire at the end of this season for the sake of his own health.

 

>>Reed has experienced three prior concussions in his NFL career. In 2013, Reed had a Grade 3 concussion and landed on injured reserve. He missed two weeks in 2015 with a Grade 1 concussion. He tried to hide concussion symptoms in 2016, but missed two games with his third concussion. Reed also had two separate concussions at Florida. It's all putting his football career at risk. 

 

Reed's concussion is just his latest injury setback. While Reed made the Pro Bowl in 2016, his Grade 1 concussion and shoulder separation limited him to 66 catches for 686 yards and six touchdowns in 12 games. Reed played just six games in 2017 while battling a fractured toe along with a chest contusion and a Grade 3 hamstring tear, having just 27 catches for 211 yards and two touchdowns. 

 

Reed underwent toe surgery last year and spent the entire offseason rehabbing, failing to run until the start of training camp. He had 54 catches for 558 yards and two touchdowns in 13 games. 

 

Reed had 87 catches for 952 yards and 11 touchdowns in 14 games during his breakout 2015 season, but suffered a concussion and knee injury that year as well. <<

 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jordan-reed-evaluated-for-concussion-after-brutal-helmet-to-helmet-hit-by-keanu-neal/

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot help but think Luck retiring is going to give Reed a cause to pause, and rethink life.  I wonder if Indy fans were saying Luck  should retire like some say that Reed should.

2 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

 

Well I have a feeling Gruden won't be here next year. So that won't matter. 

 

Vegas has Gruden most likely to be first fired and its not even close. I would like to short that as Bruce knows no one else wants the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Vegas has Gruden most likely to be first fired and its not even close. I would like to short that as Bruce knows no one else wants the job.

Agreed, also bc out of self preservation bruce knows the starting over plan could mean he is out of a job too, instead he will sell Dan on, "we are so close, we are on the right path, just bad luck with injuries, etc, so we need to keep as much intact as possible, including me"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I totally disagree on Gruden being on the hottest hot seat in the league...multiple reasons why he shouldn't be...and I havn't heard any great and valid reasons why he should be.

To me, that's about as much reach, as all the people saying this team goes 3-13 this year.

It's all total exaggeration.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

 

Well I have a feeling Gruden won't be here next year. So that won't matter. 

If we have another losing season like last year that's a definite possibility.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I cannot help but think Luck retiring is going to give Reed a cause to pause, and rethink life.  I wonder if Indy fans were saying Luck  should retire like some say that Reed should.

 

Vegas has Gruden most likely to be first fired and its not even close. I would like to short that as Bruce knows no one else wants the job.

 

They'll probably hire Urban Meyer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

 

They'll probably hire Urban Meyer. 

I suspect he is smart enough to not let ties to Haskins tempt him to go where few other respect names dare yonder.

 

One can hope Dan throws enough money at the problem, however.

 

FWIW IIRC Jay was also voted most likely to be first fired, last season as well.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reed should follow Luck. The concussions he has suffered will have long term effects that will only get worse with time. I would hate to see that.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm over Jordan Reed, great player but he has become a injury magnet. I really like what I have seen from Sprinkle, he's got wheels. I feel completely fine with a Vernon Davis Jeremy Sprinkle tandem at Tight End.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

I'm over Jordan Reed, great player but he has become a injury magnet. I really like what I have seen from Sprinkle, he's got wheels. I feel completely fine with a Vernon Davis Jeremy Sprinkle tandem at Tight End.

Did you see the hit on Reed? This is in no way Reeds fault. I see what you're saying in a sense but still. The hit was dirty IMO and the concussion protocol is a ****ing warm hole. 

Meanwhile the Redskins have two serviceable TEs. I was watching the game again and this pissed me off to no end. Watch TE Flanagan's ass. Instead of directing the offense like you're a freaking play maker, do your ****ing job. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, tmandoug1 said:

Reed should follow Luck. The concussions he has suffered will have long term effects that will only get worse with time. I would hate to see that.

I don't know. I played RB through college. I can't count how many times I've "seen stars". I think just like everything in life, it depends on the person. There are 80-100 year old folk sittin in wheel chairs smokin' Marlboro cigarettes and drinking corn liquor. Then there's vegans who would never even think of eating red meat, dying of cancer. At some point, you've got to live your life, do what makes you happy and let the chips fall where they may. I absolutely understand Luck's point of view. If Reed decides to go down the same road, let it be. By no means would I advice another to follow someone else. Its best to follow yourself (I'd say heart, but that's a bit cheesy) in these matters.

Edited by joeken24
add
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, joeken24 said:

Did you see the hit on Reed? This is in no way Reeds fault. I see what you're saying in a sense but still. The hit was dirty IMO and the concussion protocol is a ****ing warm hole. 

Meanwhile the Redskins have two serviceable TEs. I was watching the game again and this pissed me off to no end. Watch TE Flanagan's ass. Instead of directing the offense like you're a freaking play maker, do your ****ing job. 

 

O yeah for sure, Like I said the guy is a injury magnet. This isn't his fault but he just constantly gets banged up the same way some people in life are always accident prone. It is what it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2019 at 7:54 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

 

There wasn't even a flag.

I havn't heard anyone neither question nor answer, the reason for that.

 

On 8/23/2019 at 9:35 PM, KillBill26 said:

There was a penalty.

 

Are you sure ? This article says there wasn't.

 

" it was surprising that there was no call for lowering the helmet to initiate contact "

 

https://riggosrag.com/2019/08/22/jordan-reed-in-concussion-protocol-after-nfl-preseason-week-3/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

 

 

Are you sure ? This article says there wasn't.

 

" it was surprising that there was no call for lowering the helmet to initiate contact "

 

https://riggosrag.com/2019/08/22/jordan-reed-in-concussion-protocol-after-nfl-preseason-week-3/

 

Don't know what game they were watching. There were about 5 flags thrown and a 15 yard penalty assessed after the catch which took it halfway to the endzone.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

 

 

Are you sure ? This article says there wasn't.

 

There was a penalty, I remember the ref fouling up the numbers and calling the penalty on number 86 before correcting himself.

 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/falcons-safety-keanu-neal-says-no-ill-intent-big-hit-jordan-reed

 

Falcons safety Keanu Neal delivered the hit, and while it was clearly illegal and resulted in a penalty on the field, he took to Twitter to defend his play. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trevor Matich called the hit just plain dirty...cause ya know...it was. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/25/2019 at 12:03 AM, Malapropismic Depository said:

I totally disagree on Gruden being on the hottest hot seat in the league...multiple reasons why he shouldn't be...and I havn't heard any great and valid reasons why he should be.

To me, that's about as much reach, as all the people saying this team goes 3-13 this year.

It's all total exaggeration.

 

You don't see any valid reasons why a coach with a 34-44 record with one playoff appearance in 5 seasons is on the hot seat?  His teams constantly start the season as if they are unprepared, he has demonstrated terrible clock management repeatedly, they never seem to win any big games.   I think it should be obvious that this is another losing season, not a chance he should return after that.  

 

As for Jordan Reed I really hope he takes this seriously and considers his life after football. He should call Jim McMahon.  It goes without saying that the team needs to move on, he just can't be counted on. But there is more than just football at stake here.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

 

You don't see any valid reasons why a coach with a 34-44 record with one playoff appearance in 5 seasons is on the hot seat?  His teams constantly start the season as if they are unprepared, he has demonstrated terrible clock management repeatedly, they never seem to win any big games.   I think it should be obvious that this is another losing season, not a chance he should return after that.

 

He’s more like a .500 coach if looking at it with a sliver of objectivity.  Contractually it screams “show me something”. I don’t think it has to be playoffs, but some sort of silver lining.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So did we ever confirm that Reed has a concussion or is he stuck in concussion protocol because he's Jordan Reed?

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

So did we ever confirm that Reed has a concussion or is he stuck in concussion protocol because he's Jordan Reed?

I still haven't heard definitive either way.

 

The BMitch was talking about it today on his show was that it was a concussion, but I don't know if he knows something we don't.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.