Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Case Keenum antisocial?

Howie411

So I've only seen this twice but I went to both OTA (very small crowd) and Training Camp (very large crowd) and Case Keenum never stopped to talk, sign autographs or take photos with anyone.   As soon as practice ended he just walked right back to the locker room ignoring everyone.

Was in the media room while he was on the podium during day 2 of camp.  He's a funny guy.  A bit of a smartass.  A reporter, as they're prone to do, asked a stupid question, he gave a funny answer.  The reporter asked him about his golf game, apparently he came in second to Tony Romo at some pro-am golf tournament earlier this year.  And the guy wanted to know if that there was something that made quarterbacks good golfers.  So Keenum launched into a diatribe about how every year, February 29th and 30th quarterbacks get together after the season to play golf or something.  It got ridiculous, people started laughing...everyone except the guy who asked the question.  And I think when Keenum was running out of stuff to make up, he looked at the guy and was just like "....you get it, right?  February 29th and 30th?" 

He also had a couple other wisecrack remarks.  Not in a douchey way, just having fun.  But I got the impression that if you asked a stupid question, he'd make fun of you.  

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

I am not suprised, his comments on Haskins not needing him to coach him said a lot to me, I knew it'd come up again.

He has a point though. Between players and coaches and assistants and IR' players, there's like 10 guys whispering in Haskins' ear.

Yea, that could be overwhelming for Haskins or any QB, if Keenum was to start piling on there.

But he seemed honest when he said, "on the other hand, I'm always here to help if he initiates the question and wants help".

I've seen veteran QB's who won't even avail themselves that much for a rookie draft pick.

Keenum has had a tough row to hoe in his career. He sits on top of the NCAA record book in passing yet went undrafted in 2012. The Houston media said he would never make it in the nfl but he is still around 8 years later. He worked his way up from the practice squad of the Texans and the Rams to starter. Every team he has been on he ends up being the starter. If he would have been drafted I think his development time would have been shorter and had he been drafted by a team with a decent line he would be entrenched as a teams quarterback for some time. But through it all he has maintained a great attitude and work ethic. If you want to know more read his book. Players like Keenum are why I love football so much.

Case signing autographs below.  I was at 5 practices this year and also saw multiple ones 2 years ago.  the one star player that i can't recall ever signing autographs or taking photos with anyone is Jonathan Allen.  I don't recall seeing any twitter footage of him signing either -- aside from I notice he does for military appreciation day.  It could be just coincidence and I've missed it.  But he's the one that stands out to me as a big player who I haven't seen engage the fans.

The guys who are great on that front from what I've seen:  Haskins, Guice, Reed, Peterson, Norman, Kerrigan, Settle.  There are a bunch of others but I saw those guys sign numerous times.  Haskins, Guice and Norman in particular would sign for just about everyone.   

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

As long as he can play decent enough, I don't really give an F if he stops to sign autographs. Who the hell collects autographs in 2019 anyway?

The only thing I'll say on that is I get kids are into it.  I haven't asked for an autograph myself since high school.  But at camp you got kids shouting these players names and I think its a cool gesture for them to sign for them.  As for the adults, I don't care.  

Both Guice and Haskins have talked about taking the time to give back especially to the kids who have come to watch them in the heat.    Heck even if its not to sign, a smile, wave, acknowledgement.  

Like that below.   Norman can take off after practice like a lot of players do.  But I think its cool that he takes some time with the younger fans. 

Case Keenum is the new Jay Shroeder, Maybe a dick at QB is exactly what this team needs. 😆

Loved Jay btw, Such a cannon

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

As long as he can play decent enough, I don't really give an F if he stops to sign autographs. Who the hell collects autographs in 2019 anyway?

QFT nice guy autograph machine Darius Guice is wonderful and all but is this guy ever going to take the field and play some meaningful football or what ?

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I would..

I'm 42..almost 42 and if I was there I'd be all giddy like a school boy **** wanting autographs...god I'm ridiculous 

2 minutes ago, Cougarrick said:

That is so bizarre.   Why would a journeyman player believe anyone would be interested in his journey?  Simply because he is a Christian?   I guess it's inspirational to some but it's still strange to me. There have been plenty of Christian players, are we interested in hearing their stories too?  

Oh well, to each his own I guess. 

On 8/10/2019 at 6:03 PM, Cougarrick said:

Wrong, he was talking to some kids signing autographs and asking them questions about his career. I've met him several times and he is very nice. Read his book.

Yeah but you left off the part when he slapped those kids when they asked him about Haskins. 

Case Keenum is antisocial?! Jeebus...

Seriously, I'm at the point where I wouldn't care if Joseph Goebbels lined up under center if we could blitz our way through the east and force the NFC into unconditional surrender.  On to Poland!!! 

Sorry, on to the SUPERBOWL!

On 8/10/2019 at 9:50 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

But he seemed honest when he said, "on the other hand, I'm always here to help if he initiates the question and wants help".

I've seen veteran QB's who won't even avail themselves that much for a rookie draft pick.

On 8/10/2019 at 9:58 PM, Rex Tomb said:

See Joe Flacco.

Really though, who would ever want advice from Joe Flacco?

On 8/13/2019 at 3:15 PM, FuriousD said:

Case Keenum is antisocial?! Jeebus...

Seriously, I'm at the point where I wouldn't care if Joseph Goebbels lined up under center if we could blitz our way through the east and force the NFC into unconditional surrender.  On to Poland!!! 

Sorry, on to the SUPERBOWL!

Preach brother

always finding something to whine about, ffs.  Channel Allen Iverson: an autograph???  we talkin about autographs????

Can somebody, anybody just fornicating win around this dump and piss on all the minutiae?

Archived