Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PRESEASON GAMEDAY THREAD- REDSKINS @BROWNS

SkinsGuy

5 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I really don't think Haskins should be starting at any point this season. There's just no point, the line is going to get him killed, his confidence will be crushed, and we'll still be average regardless. 

How many OLine starters played in this game?...I was thinking most were held out but I didn't really bother looking, I just looked at the left side of the OLine. Did Roullier, Scherff or Moses play?

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Disagree, Haskins decision making is suspect at best, I was absolutely hoping that wouldn't be the case with pads on, but its true.

No doubt but everyone said that he needed time so if that weren't the case and he looked as he did then I would be much more worried. 

I think he had some nice plays, the picks were rough but probably miscommunication, at least that 2nd one.

14 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Well, we pretty played our depth from the start, looking forward to seeing the starters out there next week.

This is what upsets me both in practice and now in this game. I want to see Haskins play with the 1’s where the line gives him more time & receivers run precise routes. I feel like Haskins is being marginalized. 

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

How many OLine starters played in this game?...I was thinking most were held out but I didn't really bother looking, I just looked at the left side of the OLine. Did Roullier, Scherff or Moses play?

All 3 started.

11 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

No Moses or Scherff.  Chase played center.

4 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

We didn't play anyone tonight, I wouldn't put much emphasis on this game when it comes to how good we will be.

True.

I only saw two possible starters play on defense tonight (Bostic and Hamilton).

On offense I only saw Chase and Penn.

Just now, JaxJoe said:

This is what upsets me both in practice and now in this game. I want to see Haskins play with the 1’s where the line gives him more time & receivers run precise routes. I feel like Haskins is being marginalized. 

Maybe we will in game 3, everything you hear from the beat guys is that he needs lots of time to develop so it looks like Jay wanted to start his depth tonight and then hold the starters out until next week, maybe because a few were banged up and he wants everyone out there at once.

Just now, JSSkinz said:

No doubt but everyone said that he needed time so if that weren't the case and he looked as he did then I would be much more worried. 

I think he had some nice plays, the picks were rough but probably miscommunication, at least that 2nd one.

2nd one was just getting locked in and deciding he was going there no matter what, he’s done that a couple times... as expected. His feet get lazy, his elbow drops, the ball sails. Youth.

The protection has been surprisingly strong. 

All in all I think once the team settles on the left side of the O line which should not include Flowers in any way, shape or form. They will be better. Rely on running the ball, the defense and Tress Way. Probably gonna be a ton of low scoring, grind it out games but I believe the team can do it. All is not lost. #HTTR

1 minute ago, JaxJoe said:

against the opposing ones....not against their thirds

5 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I think only Chase and Penn played. Some.

2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I think the second pick may have been a combination. A possible miscommunication but I think the ball also sailed on him because his footwork was poor and he didn't transfer his weight/follow through well. That's an issue I saw in his college games as well. Overall his footwork looks really slow compared to the other QBs playing. He's going to have to speed it up; his feet look like they're encased in cement. 

He did, however, show some nice arm talent and glimpses of why we took him. But IMO he's going to need some serious work before he's ready to start. He's super green.

4 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I think he had some great throws as well, throws that show why we drafted him.  

Same time people saying Mahomes was lost when he first got in NFL, Haskins has more picks in a quarter then Patrick had his entire first preseason.  I'm trying my best not to be concerned, I think both those throws we're bad ideas + plus throw got away from him.  Very inconsistent with brutal screw ups, not small ones, brutal.  

It's first game, so we'll see, I'm not going to be right if he throws another pick tonight, I'm just not.

Archived