Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PRESEASON GAMEDAY THREAD- REDSKINS @BROWNS

SkinsGuy

14 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Chemistry with WHO. The 1st String QB didn't play...just saying. This was a look see game, thats all. IF Jay does this all PS..then yea dejavu all over again

The first string QB is hurt.  So the next guy is the starting QB.  Colt can’t make it out of the preseason unscathed.  You need chemistry with all of the QBs because all are going to play this year.

Everybody who’s not injured should be getting work.

58 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Chemistry with WHO. The 1st String QB didn't play...just saying. This was a look see game, thats all. IF Jay does this all PS..then yea dejavu all over again

With the other offensive linemen? The wide receivers? Linebackers? Literally everyone who isn't a QB? Or probably with one of the QBs who is in the open competition for who gets to be the starting QB. That could help too.

30 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

With the other offensive linemen? The wide receivers? Linebackers? Literally everyone who isn't a QB? Or probably with one of the QBs who is in the open competition for who gets to be the starting QB. That could help too.

Allot of these guys won't be on the team @ 53. The 1st PS game is the least important test of talent is all I'm sayin. We got a look at who can/can't play at this level at 1st blush. Continuity will build as the roster shrinks and Colt gets out there. The D & ST defiantly needs some work though or Manusky is hiding his real D strategies. Cleveland wanted to make a statement and they did. WTF- No huddle and game planned blitz's...they wanted this game more than us and they got it. Congrats to them

I look at the players who went out for the season on other teams this week in a BS PS game..

Listening to the national media you would think the Browns smashed the Redskins first team players..Not once do they mention that none of the starters played at all..I saw an article on NFL.com that highlighted each game last night and even they went out of their way to mention other teams that lost didn't play starters ,but in the Redskins article no such mention..

23 hours ago, JaxJoe said:

I’m going to throw a little cold water on this statement. No doubt he played heroic on the goal line and had that strip on Hyman in the 2nd half, But he gave up 5-6 catches for 15-20 yards a piece. He was clearly picked on. The first TD was on Moreland, too. I’ll have to go back and watch the game again and compile the number of catches and yards Moreland yielded as it looked like a lot. 

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying he was Darrell Green in his prime. :)

However, I think he did well for a 7th round rookie.

Moreland definitely has some work to do, but with some seasoning and experience, I think he will be a steal in the draft.

12 hours ago, -JB- said:

At the end of the day, did the Redskins even play any defensive starters at all?  How many offensive starters actually played?  It’s the first preseason game lol

I think on the defensive side, Bostic and Hamilton played. Some. Though I'm not sure if they are the starters. I read somewhere that Fabian Morneau may have played some, but I didn't see him. I think everyone else sat.

On the offensive side, only two possible starting OL played some. Penn and Flowers. I thought Chase played some, but I was told he didn't. Everyone else sat.

4 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

I think on the defensive side, Bostic and Hamilton played. Some. Though I'm not sure if they are the starters. I read somewhere that Fabian Morneau may have played some, but I didn't see him. I think everyone else sat.

On the offensive side, only two possible starting OL played some. Penn and Flowers. I thought Chase played some, but I was told he didn't. Everyone else sat.

I did see Moreau on the field.

Archived