Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Game Day Thread - SUPERBOWL - Chiefs Win!

zCommander

1 hour ago, DoneMessedUp said:

Are people really geeking out over Preston Smith having a good game? He's always had good games. The problem is the 12-14 games a season where he is a non factor. 

Skins done messed up.

Gotta give credit where it's due. After all, Preston Smith is 2nd place in the entire NFL in sacks, with 1.5...and only trailing first place Leonard Floyd by a half sack.

7 hours ago, Destino said:

So will the Packer defense prove to be as good as it looked, or was the Bears offense just terrible?  I watched the game, but I'm undecided. 

I think it is a little of column A and a little of column B. :)

The Packers defense does look improved, but some of it was the Bears offense (especially Trubisky) looked inept.

8 hours ago, DoneMessedUp said:

Are people really geeking out over Preston Smith having a good game? He's always had good games. The problem is the 12-14 games a season where he is a non factor. 

True.

This is probably Preston's one highlight reel moment for the season.

He'll disappear from here on out. :)

Shamefully, I just couldn't bring myself to watch it. I would very much have been interested in watching the Patriots and Chiefs, but the game had little offense and just couldn't grab me. I feel like a fraud for not watching the first game lol

CHI needs to feed Montgomery; the guy's explosive. Mike Davis shouldn't see ball IMO

Allen Robinson is a stud. 

Bears have some horses, need to figure out how to be clutch and convert key 3rd downs. They were missing Burton for sure. Have to surround Trubisky with safety valves. 

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

Shamefully, I just couldn't bring myself to watch it. I would very much have been interested in watching the Patriots and Chiefs, but the game had little offense and just couldn't grab me. I feel like a fraud for not watching the first game lol

I havent watched much pro football the last few years, save for our games (and not even all of those) and a few high stakes divisional games. It's not the game I grew up loving.

27 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Nick Foles out with a shoulder injury.  Anyone think that might be a free agent bust?  Also Todd Gurley is not getting many carries.  Is that knee shot?

Files was a good signing imo.  He’s not great but he’s a credible starter, the injury is just unfortunate for them.  

As for Gurley, his knee has injured for too long and they don’t seem to know exactly why it’s still bad or how to fix it.  That’s never a good sign.  As we’ve seen with Luck, sometimes people just don’t heal the way we’d expect.  Relatively routine injuries become something else and linger. 

Archived