Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Robert Mueller's congressional testimony.

Cooked Crack

44 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

and what will you do about it?

I do what I can which is vet my sources as carefully as I can and listen/read to multiple outlets for info. What can I do personally do ensure the integrity of our national election apparatus? Not very much.

9 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

He doesn't support impeachment. 

He seems on the fence:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/06/24/adam-schiff-sounds-lot-more-open-impeachment-than-he-was-few-weeks-ago/

If they don’t move towards impeachment after today, they are wasting everyone’s time by hand waving about Trump’s corruption and then not doing anything about it. 

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I do what I can which is vet my sources as carefully as I can and listen/read to multiple outlets for info. What can I do personally do ensure the integrity of our national election apparatus? Not very much.

when I said that I meant are you going to talk to your representative? are you going to make this an issue when they do public appearances? etc.

We want impeachment, right? You a voter, demand your rep vote for it or vote for their challenger next year.

We can do more than just listen and wait for Superman or Captain American to save us.

1 minute ago, No Excuses said:

He seems on the fence:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/06/24/adam-schiff-sounds-lot-more-open-impeachment-than-he-was-few-weeks-ago/

If they don’t move towards impeachment after today, they are wasting everyone’s time by hand waving about Trump’s corruption and then not doing anything about it. 

Considering they are going on recess for six weeks after Friday, what do you think is going to happen?

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

He seems on the fence:

Today was never about impeachment, with a GOP Senate it would be a waste of time. Today was about November 2020.  

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Considering they are going on recess for six weeks after Friday, what do you think is going to happen?

Number of House Dems calling for impeachment will double at a minimum. There are also presidential debates where this issue will be brought up. 

If they return from recess and don’t impeach, they’ve failed horribly to wield power effectively. 

47 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Today was never about impeachment, with a GOP Senate it would be a waste of time. Today was about November 2020.  

Then they failed horribly. I don’t see this changing anything.

30 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Number of House Dems calling for impeachment will double at a minimum. There are also presidential debates where this issue will be brought up. 

If they return from recess and don’t impeach, they’ve failed horribly to wield power effectively. 

They all supposedly read the Mueller report in March and didn’t move. What is going to change now? Especially as you have muppets like Chuck store saying this was a failure. 

I think Pelosi is playing the political timing game to bring articles of impeachment in 2020 and have it take center stage during the throes of election season.  It is wrong and beneath a party that holds itself out as the party on the side of principles. 

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

I think Pelosi is playing the political timing game to bring articles of impeachment in 2020 and have it take center stage during the throes of election season.  It is wrong and beneath a party that holds itself out as the party on the side of principles. 

If you are right and Pelosi is trying to time this for maximum political impact, I frankly think that is the right move.  Given all of the dirty tricks employed by the other side, from lies to voter suppression to stealing a SCOTUS seat to obstructing the prevention of election interference by foreign enemies, Dems should absolutely fight back.  Impeachment will not remove Trump from office, so they need to look to do everything the can for the election.  Trump DID all this impreachable stuff.  That should have consequences. 

Archived