Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

2 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I’ve watched episodes of locked up abroad that I’d rather experience myself than sit here through another 25 minutes of Joe Theismann. 

I'm on the Atlanta feed so I haven't had to endure that.

Also this was meant for the game thread but I lost track of where I was.

Oops.

4 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I'm on the Atlanta feed so I haven't had to endure that.

Also this was meant for the game thread but I lost track of where I was.

Oops.

You may get us both in trouble, the last thing I need is Jumbo to catch me taking another thread off topic. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5471487

43 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

Just to give a little perspective from one of the younger generation fans. Again, thank you for responding the way you did, it is much appreciated. 

Hey, I hear you man. I just turned 30. No glory years for me and I grew up experiencing the same Snyder/Vinny hell as my formative football experiences as well. Nightmarish. And I did it in Patriots country up here too lol. 

4 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Can we trade Williams for a LG. The Flowers experiment is about over. 

Really? I have missed a decent bit but when I watched he was playing pretty well. Disheartening to read that he’s struggled that badly. 😬

10 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Really? I have missed a decent bit but when I watched he was playing pretty well. Disheartening to read that he’s struggled that badly. 😬

Completely missed a guy up the middle and also had a holding call on the goal line run by Guice. Guice scored of course and it was called back. 

8 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Completely missed a guy up the middle and also had a holding call on the goal line run by Guice. Guice scored of course and it was called back. 

We had a decent run in the first, right through his lane, and he could have easily been called for a hold on it. Hopefully there are some positIves in there, it seems he’s won the job at lg. 

10 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I actually thought the run blocking overall seemed better, unless it was just Guice using his speed & vision to make good runs out of nothing?  The pass blocking however.......uh oh.

Guice looked better outside I thought. Up the middle there didn't seem like to be to many holes. 

1 hour ago, volsmet said:

He was putrid in this game. So bad he managed to whiff a block I thought would be unwhiffable (Goal line TD that was called back - he had to turn and grab the tackle that just blasted by him untouched resulting in an obvious holding penalty. How the hell can you completely miss the guy you are supposed to block  in a bunched blocking scheme at the goal line)? He whiffed on two additional pass protections as well and got an additional holding penalty to go with those. 

2 minutes ago, nonniey said:

He was putrid in this game. So bad he managed to whiff a block I thought would be unwhiffable (Goal line TD that was called back - he had to turn and grab the tackle that just blasted by him resulting in an obvious holding penalty. How do you whif in a bunched blocking scheme at the goal line)? He whiffed on two additional pass protections as well and got an additional holding penalty to go with those. 

I remember yelling at the TV “come on ref how can you call a hold that fast?! That’s BS”... Then I saw the replay. 

Just now, nonniey said:

He was putrid in this game. So bad he managed to whiff a block I thought would be unwhiffable (Goal line TD that was called back - he had to turn and grab the tackle that just blasted by him resulting in an obvious holding penalty. How do you whif in a bunched blocking scheme at the goal line)? He whiffed on two additional pass protections as well and got an additional holding penalty to go with those. 

That’s entirely depressing. He had been the most pleasant surprise of the summer for me. Brutal.

1 minute ago, ddub52 said:

I remember yelling at the TV “come on ref how can you call a hold that fast?! That’s BS”... Then I saw the replay. 

Yikes. Perhaps I won’t watch this one. 😖

1 hour ago, desertbeagle85 said:

two plays.  The rest of the half he was fine

Flowers had three awful plays. One was the hold, the other two were turnstyle block attempts. That was three awful plays in just one half.

I don't care if he plays fine on 90% of the time, we're screwed if he makes these type of drive-changing mistakes every time he's out there. Our offense can be good, but we can't overcome this type of ****. 

We are cursed at LG. I hated Luavao but Flowers makes him look good. The grass isn't always greener...

47 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Flowers had three awful plays. One was the hold, the other two were turnstyle block attempts. That was three awful plays in just one half.

I don't care if he plays fine on 90% of the time, we're screwed if he makes these type of drive-changing mistakes every time he's out there. Our offense can be good, but we can't overcome this type of ****. 

We are cursed at LG. I hated Luavao but Flowers makes him look good. The grass isn't always greener...

Wes Martin is coming for that job unless Flowers really cleans up the situational issues. Like you said, 90% of the time is great but that 10% is an issue.

Doesn't help that Jay is obsessed with that bunched formation bull**** that defenses are really good at stopping unless you have an elite OL.

Spread → It → Out

1 hour ago, CTskin said:

Lauvao is available !

I was surprised to see he's only 31, too

30 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Lauvao is available !

I was surprised to see he's only 31, too

They need to seriously consider bringing Lauvao back if he is even remotely healthy, the Flowers at guard experiment is a huge fail. Let's just use Lauvao until Martin comes along. 

12 minutes ago, Santana_89 said:

They need to seriously consider bringing Lauvao back if he is even remotely healthy, the Flowers at guard experiment is a huge fail. Let's just use Lauvao until Martin comes along.

If you're waiting for Martin to come along, then we're going to get 2 games of Lauvao, and then the rest is going to be Flowers starting until Martin comes along. Lauvao will never be healthy enough. He is the Colt McCoy of our guards, mildly okay when he's healthy, always too injured to put that mildly okay performance to use.

12 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

If you're waiting for Martin to come along, then we're going to get 2 games of Lauvao, and then the rest is going to be Flowers starting until Martin comes along. Lauvao will never be healthy enough. He is the Colt McCoy of our guards, mildly okay when he's healthy, always too injured to put that mildly okay performance to use.

We have a journeyman QB starting so why not just go ahead and play Martin? If there's ever a time to let him develop, it's NOW! We're expected to win 4-6 games and aren't putting our first-round QB in harm's way. Play the young guys...

7 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

We have a journeyman QB starting so why not just go ahead and play Martin? If there's ever a time to let him develop, it's NOW! We're expected to win 4-6 games and aren't putting our first-round QB in harm's way. Play the young guys...

the people who expect us to win 4-6 games are clueless.  We won seven last year, we did not step back

Archived