Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The Steelers got nothing for Bell.   I am ok with waiting it out some but I'd make a deal as soon as I'd get a good offer.   Trent still needs to learn the system for whatever team acquires him.  I am not totally sure his value increases once the season starts considering he's already missed games and I'd presume they'd want him a week or two in practice before throwing him out there.

The Steelers got nothing for Bell because he was a free agent (They will get a 3rd next year though).

18 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Maybe Brady will finally retire after 2019; regardless if not he won't play forever, dammit.  So not all NE firsts will be the last pick in the first.

Bruce is already botching this.

Yeah, not all NE 1sts. But the one that does matter is next years 1st, and that’s VERY likely to be the final pick of the 1st round. Not surprised the skins said no 

37 minutes ago, nonniey said:

The Steelers got nothing for Bell because he was a free agent (They will get a 3rd next year though).

Yeah I am aware what went down with Bell.  The point that I responded to was about a tit for tat with Trent like it went down with Bell and I said I didn't want that.  Bell hit FA AFTER a stand off with the team where he didn't play last year.

If people are happy with a 3rd round comp pick for Trent in 2022 (the year after his contract runs out) then yeah no biggie to run the same playbook that the Steelers did.  But count me out of that. 

On another note:

Finlay confirmed Sheehan's story.

Rapoport, same dude who said the Redskins traded Kirk to the Browns in the middle of the draft years back among other comical misses weighs in.  I'd trust Sheehan and Finlay over Ian.  The only downside to this point from Ian is maybe Belichick is playing him for a specific reason like they decided to ride with Wynn so they'd rather not have this narrative out or something else 

26 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah, not all NE 1sts. But the one that does matter is next years 1st, and that’s VERY likely to be the final pick of the 1st round. Not surprised the skins said no 

Right. The Pats' 2020 1st rounder will be waaaaaay at the end of the first round, if not dead last. Basically, a 2nd. They'd need to offer more than just their 2020 1st.

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Who would tell him it’s not true? N.E. operates more like mi6 than a football organization. No one from New England checked in with Rap to give him the truth about a random rumor leaked by Bruce Allen. 

74915A75-A147-4249-8EDC-6DC1E16B4BD1.gif

The Pats being interested to level of a first round pick must throw some Williams pundits off a bit lol. 

1st round plus compensation is pretty legit, but if any way to salvage situation, then that’s the route I’d go— the trend doesn’t support him staying, obviously. 

24 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Who would tell him it’s not true? N.E. operates more like mi6 than a football organization. No one from New England checked in with Rap to give him the truth about a random rumor leaked by Bruce Allen. 

It could be leaked by Bruce.  And I hope that's what it is because I want a FO that aggressively is trying to spike his trade value.  I ironically made a long post yesterday about media stuff that including a point that Finlay admitted he's been used by the FO to carry their agenda and spin from time to time albeit he tries to smoke that out.

As for Belichick, I've read 2 books about him.  One which was written by a dude who covered him for 2 years.  Cliff notes version of it is Belichick is a wily dude with reporters behind the scenes when it serves a purpose to him.  He is boring in his press conferences and gives nothing but he's not shy playing games behind the scenes with the media from time to time. 

2 minutes ago, wit33 said:

The Pats being interested to level of a first round pick must throw some Williams pundits off a bit lol. 

1st round plus compensation is pretty legit, but if any way to salvage situation, then that’s the route I’d go— the trend doesn’t support him staying, obviously. 

That's part of the problem. NE would have to offer more than just their 1st, which will be absurdly low. They won't, however, since they likely won't extend him past his two years if not make him one-and-done since there's little-to-no risk.

4 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

That's part of the problem. NE would have to offer more than just their 1st, which will be absurdly low. They won't, however, since they likely won't extend him past his two years if not make him one-and-done since there's little-to-no risk.

A pick at the end of the 1st is still a guy you have for 5 years at rookie money.

If they would throw in Isaiah Wynn, I'd pull that trigger. Then you have Wynn as your future LT and Christian hopefully as your future RT. Both on rookie deals.

Now NE needs a starting safety with Chung getting indicted for cocaine. Too bad we don't really have one we'd trade that is likely better than who they had as a backup now. 

8 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

A first and Cajuste. We get an intriguing prospect to try out at LT and a high draft pick. It’s a no-brained.

Yep, need more than just New England's 1st. If they offer up Wynn and a 2nd we should do it. Make the 2nd a conditional 1st if N.E. wins the Super Bowl. Gotta get this resolved before the losses add up and we become the joke of the league....if we're not there already.

3 hours ago, CTskin said:

.....TW for Clowney....

What if they threw in a second??

Clowney could make this D legendary.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

This is the same dude who got nothing for Cousins too when we all knew he was gonzo.

Alot of others here would've got nothing too or gave him 30per year.

Can't see TW for Clowney happening but i'll bet Clowney would love to play with our front 4....if he still loves playing football. That being said, I wouldn't touch Clowney and what he'd want to be paid, not unless we were convinced he'd do what Khalil Mack did for the Bears. 

Twitter reaction by some playing down by some NE's interest, including by Belichick's pal Mike Lombardi.  If I recall it was Schefter from the get go who played up NE's interest.  It's possible they offered less or changed their mind as one reporter purported when Wynn started catching on this preseason -- but the idea that there is some interest had some national play not just local from what I recall.

I dare say Wynn started 'catching on' in the Pats pre season is some kind of NE over statement to be honest. My God I bet they would love Trent.

I would also bet Trent would love them. If he was pissed a while back, imagine knowing you have a SB ring almost on the table in Brady's final years. 

The Patriots offered the Redskins a first-round pick in a trade for disgruntled left tackle Trent Williams but Washington rebuffed the offer, a source with knowledge of the situation told NBC Sports Washington. 

Kevin Sheehan of Team 980 reported the same news Thursday morning on his radio show. 

That call from New England came a few weeks ago while the Redskins were holding training camp in Richmond, the source explained. The Patriots are no longer pursuing Williams. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/redskins-turned-down-patriots-offer-first-round-pick-trent-williams-source

Archived