Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Is there any information in this thread or is it an offseason random thought thread? I haven't been around.

Was trying to find out some actual info on this topic too, I haven't gotten much further then Trent wants a new contract.   

*Also a reflection of how poorly the team handles the press. Why anyone from the organization is talking about a players health, or problem with the medical staff or ever acknowledging anything of the sort is bananas IMO. Gruden is out there taking questions on a players contract/health situation? Why

4 hours ago, Mooka said:

*Also a reflection of how poorly the team handles the press. Why anyone from the organization is talking about a players health, or problem with the medical staff or ever acknowledging anything of the sort is bananas IMO. Gruden is out there taking questions on a players contract/health situation? Why

This was my initial guttural thought as well. But a few posters on this thread put it in a good perspective for me. Jay was handling the question because a reporter asked him in a league mandated press conference.  No one from the organization has issued a statement on a in-house issue, nor should they (yet.) Let the FO and Trent hammer out their concerns, monies, and medical speculations.  I'm sure there is a lot of issues that are addressed behind closed doors in almost every organization. I'm glad to see our FO is taking the same approach.

Is there any update here? Seems like Trent knows his side and is a no-show. Allen knows Trent's side and is saying nothing. 

What are we waiting for? Has this turned into a game of chicken where the fans have no idea what's happening?

2 hours ago, Unbias said:

Is there any update here? Seems like Trent knows his side and is a no-show. Allen knows Trent's side and is saying nothing. 

What are we waiting for? Has this turned into a game of chicken where the fans have no idea what's happening?

I doubt there will be any big updates on this story until training camp.

Trent showed his hands, Bruce knows the truth. OK.

Our FO will wait until Training Camp starts to see if Trent's is bluffing or not.

If he doesn't show up, then things might get ugly and they will have to sort this out quickly, probably by trading him. Problem is, our FO is not that good in making good trades happen. We're often on the loser's side of it...

I wonder if Bruce is even negotiating with Trent, or playing the cool hand luke waiting game.   Maybe a beatnik can ask Jay since he will spill the beans long before anyone else.

The hard part about playing chicken is knowing when to flinch.

giphy.gif

18 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

I doubt there will be any big updates on this story until training camp.

Trent showed his hands, Bruce knows the truth. OK.

Our FO will wait until Training Camp starts to see if Trent's is bluffing or not.

If he doesn't show up, then things might get ugly and they will have to sort this out quickly, probably by trading him. Problem is, our FO is not that good in making good trades happen. We're often on the loser's side of it...

The Skins don't have to do anything now...even at training camp. There will be *some* talent available after cuts happen. We *might* pickup someone serviceable..might not, but a trade will will most likely happen after teams have assessed their rosters talent at LT and maybe look to cut to cap space.

Either way..we get NOTHING to make a quick decision unless a GOOD trade offer happens..

Archived