Owls0325

OLD development: Trent Williams wants to be traded/released

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

 

I'm reading this multiple times and still can't understand how you can be serious about this.

 

If you go to see a medical professional, then you're putting your life in their hands.  Full stop.

 

With everything involving player safety, opioid abuse, concussions, CTE, and every other health issue, you think this doesn't qualify?  Really?  The medical professional is OBLIGATED, literally HAS TO, refer him to a specialist.  Doesn't matter if he's a foot doctor, orthopedist, anything.  If you see a problem, or the potential of a problem that is outside your scope of practice, then you have to do what's in the patient's best interests.  This isn't debatable; this is the law, part of licensure for EVERY medical profession, and a requirement for being in ANY professional association or board.

This is how you treat your players: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2187527-bengals-re-sign-devon-still-in-order-to-help-him-support-his-sick-daughter  That is what you do.  The guy was a JAG, and they still took care of his daughter (who wasn't on the team).  

 

You make a cancer scare sound like it's thinking that you have a stomach virus.  NBD, get over it, stop being a baby.  How, man?  How do you act like that?  How do you think like that?

When Trent started playing football, CTE was a thing?  Potentially having a tumor at this age was something to consider?  Are you kidding me, man?  I really, really hope you're just a couple months and couple days late on an April Fool's joke.

I understand how the chain of command works when it comes to doctors, soo much so that I could probably give a class on it.

 

I don't understand your issue with my comment?  Are you saying the team withheld Trent from seeing a specialist?  What you're referring too would be criminal and if proven there's a good chance someone is going to jail.

 

There's no gray area with treatment, you get a biopsy or biopsies, you wait for pathology, and then you remove the mass and use the appropriate protocol to fight the disease if thats necessary.

 

Let me be clear, if Trent was lied to about his diagnosis then someone is going to pay dearly and that's an entirely different conversation and it would be one of the biggest scandals in sports history and a tremendous liability for the team.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I am frustrated by is Jay Gruden being forced to address this topic every day, while not a peep from the actual front office.  Sounds like Trent's gripe has nothing to do with coaches or "football" so it should not be Gruden behind the podium addressing this every day. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Trent should come out and address this then. I hope it's media BS but the longer he stays silent the more speculation will occur and sour the team/fans. That could be the plan though..make playing here a non starter...who knows. Something is going on that is not good

I'm sure he's being advised not to speak on it.  Nor should he have to.  If fans want to jump to conclusions and make him the bad guy, it is what it is.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Let me be clear, if Trent was lied to about his diagnosis then someone is going to pay dearly and that's an entirely different conversation and it would be one of the biggest scandals in sports history and a tremendous liability for the team.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a lie.  It's totally possible they just aren't that good at their job as well.  Happens too often.

19 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

One thing I am frustrated by is Jay Gruden being forced to address this topic every day, while not a peep from the actual front office.  Sounds like Trent's gripe has nothing to do with coaches or "football" so it should not be Gruden behind the podium addressing this every day. 

 

This is how it's been forever with damn near every bit of drama the Skins encounter.  That's why we all got a laugh when Bruce came out of the shadows to bask in the glow of praise after the draft.  Only to be MIA when stuff like this happens.  It'd be laughable if it wasn't so damn predictable and sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Between HIPAA law restrictions and just being really poor and classless form by the Redskins' coaches and executives, I would think everyone other than Trent himself would only talk about this issue in bland, generic soundbites. Gruden--who as head coach I think is forced to give regular pressers by the league (could be mistaken, tho)--will by default have to answer questions on the matter. That's not the Redskins throwing him out to deal with it, that's just the reality of how the league works.

 

the overwhelming majority of the time, GMs or team presidents or FO executives don't rush out to "deal" with whatever team issue is being bandied about on twitter. Most let the speculation run its course and deal with any actual issues behind the scenes (with maybe some well-placed leaks if desired). Same with most players, although some of the far more immature players will hop on twitter and rant and vent immediately--which as we know always goes extremely well lol. 

 

So chalk me up as one who does NOT believe Dan/Bruce/Trent needs to come out and 'splain things in any fashion. What they need is to work this out far away from the public eyes, and only approach the press once it's solved. On the "Things That Need To Happen To Have A Winning Season" list, Constant Good PR isn't even in the top 20. 

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

 

Stop. Not only is this next-level stupidity on its own, but taken as a body of work your Cousins fixation in every unrelated thread should lead to a warning imo. But I'm not in the business of telling our lovely mods how to do their jobs so I'll stick with being content to call these posts dumb every time they pop up. 

So you wouldn't call the vikings and offer Trent for their LT and a #1 and #2 in 2020...Also, why waste your time??

 

https://riggosrag.com/2019/06/06/redskins-3-teams-that-could-trade-for-trent-williams-after-reported-trade-demand/2/

 

Dumb huh...I just checked and it's all over the place as a possibility

Edited by The Hangman- C_Hanburger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Blaming medical staffs is a pretty serious allegation without having the facts. i'd like to hear what Trent's beef is before I blame anyone. That being said, I'd be hard pressed to blame any doctor as that's not my field of expertise...

 

 

giphy.gif

 

 

Just makes too much sense, right? lol...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trent Williams isn’t taking a risk with Redskins minicamp, but Brandon Scherff is

 

 

“I’m working with the training staff. Dr. (Robin) West did my surgery and she’s been here,” Scherff said to NBC Sports Washington Wednesday. “It’s nice to be here to actually ask what I can improve on. She’s got a plan set for me. I’m working with (strength and conditioning coach) Chad (Englehart). I’ve been here pretty much all off-season. They know my body and that’s what’s best for me.”

 

“I don’t want to come to camp rusty. I’m guaranteed one more year (on my contract). I have to play the best ball I can. I just love playing ball.”

 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/trent-williams-isnt-taking-risk-redskins-minicamp-brandon-scherff

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reporters can now surmise that Gruden isn't speaking (doesn't have the info) on the medical or contractual stuff. So they need to stop asking the damn questions. Call up Wyllie Coyote; he clearly went to the ACME School of Communication and Sports Information, so I'm sure he has all the info.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Just popping in, to see if the Trent himself, has spoken.

 

Actions speak a thousand words, my friend

 

Trying to sound profound.

 

O/U is set at 1.5 - on the number of days before Doug gets sent out to the podium..... Jay will have to take it on the chin at least another day or 2.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, skinzplay said:

...the ACME School of Communication and Sports Information...

 

 

 

giphy.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

The reporters can now surmise that Gruden isn't speaking (doesn't have the info) on the medical or contractual stuff. So they need to stop asking the damn questions. Call up Wyllie Coyote; he clearly went to the ACME School of Communication and Sports Information, so I'm sure he has all the info.

 

Post of the day candidate

 

How the hell does he still have a job.  It's been one PR disaster after another under his watch.  It's like there are no public relations, at all.

 

Just, relations.  Send Jay out, and go play golf with Bruce.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This latest drama with this organization soured just about all renewed feelings of love I have left. 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

If you're under-performing or holding out, you absolutely should get canned. You aren't obligating that contract just by "showing up" or signing on the dotted line. A contract is an agreement. Getting cut because of an injury is one thing, but if you're playing like trash or not showing up you deserve to be cut, especially if you have a ridiculous contract.

If you sign a 5 year contract. The team should pay for 5 years. Period. If you want it to be about performance based pay it needs to go both ways. It doesn't. You out perform the contract and they'll honor it. You don't they reduce your salary or cut you. Either it's contract or it is not. 

Edited by Darc Requiem
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Darc Requiem said:

You out perform the contract and they'll honor it. You don't they reduce your salary or cut you. 

Hmmmm so teams honor the contract they offer to fulfillment? Nobody ever becomes a cap casualty?...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

So you wouldn't call the vikings and offer Trent for their LT and a #1 and #2 in 2020...Also, why waste your time??

 

https://riggosrag.com/2019/06/06/redskins-3-teams-that-could-trade-for-trent-williams-after-reported-trade-demand/2/

 

Dumb huh...I just checked and it's all over the place as a possibility

 

Their LT, a #1 AND a #2 in 2020? That's absurd.

 

To be honest, I doubt we'd even get a 1st for Trent. We're talking about a 31 year old (when the season starts) Tackle who has been consistently injured and hasn't played a full season since 2013. When he's completely healthy he's still one of the best LTs in the game, but it's incredibly rare that he's fully healthy. Even when he's playing he's usually dealing with one or two nagging injuries that slow him down. Maybe if Houston gets panicky enough about their OL situation they'll offer up a 1st, but I still have doubts.

 

My guess is we'd get a 2nd and a player.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mistertim said:

 

Their LT, a #1 AND a #2 in 2020? That's absurd.

 

To be honest, I doubt we'd even get a 1st for Trent. We're talking about a 31 year old (when the season starts) Tackle who has been consistently injured and hasn't played a full season since 2013. When he's completely healthy he's still one of the best LTs in the game, but it's incredibly rare that he's fully healthy. Even when he's playing he's usually dealing with one or two nagging injuries that slow him down. Maybe if Houston gets panicky enough about their OL situation they'll offer up a 1st, but I still have doubts.

 

My guess is we'd get a 2nd and a player.

Starting negotiation price. Selling points is KC knows and trusts Trent. They have ALLOT invested in KC and we got nada for him so looking for some comp+ isn't too outrageous. Zimmer is in  a WIN now so he *may* be desperate to save KC and his job. They got NADA an LT now. Their LT is 12 mil this season, Trent wants 14mil....not a big makeup/risk for big upside.

 

If you believe Zimmer's job is on the line and KC enters next year negotiating for an extension..Both could free up cap space in 2019. We'd have the leverage I would think.

 

The best deal is likely to come from the Vikings if we HAVE to part with Trent. Asking vs getting. I just don't know if the Skins would do it with the Vikings at any price...

 

It's all speculation without knowing the "truth". This *could* be a win-win for us and Trent and KC

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

 

Mostly speculation on my end, and I hate to do that which is why I haven’t really commented directly on it yet, but based on what Moses said... I think Trent is essentially answering the question of “why all the injuries” for us right now. 

 

Basically, it’s a medical staff that is notorious for misdiagnosing player’s ailments and their healing time which then ends up with them suffering worse injuries while playing when they shouldn’t have been. 

 

Or not, lol. Just fascinating how this is all coming out like this and the noise is now almost entirely directed at the medical staff. Seems purposeful and intentional. 

I will start off with I am not sticking up for the medical staff, but I have to say that players on every team and across every league play injured. The decision to play injured is always on the player, only in certain cases do doctors not allow players to play hurt i.e torn ligaments/muscles, broken bones, concussions. So to blame the medical staff for misdiagnosing  ailments and healing time is absurd. On the same note when has the medical staff been notorious for misdiagnosing injuries? 

If we remember last year with Trents thumb injury, he hid that injury from the medical staff to continue playing, the team only found out about that injury when a water boy noticed he couldn't squeeze his water bottle. So Trent can't have it both ways and blame the medical staff for "improper action" when he himself has mislead the medical staff and not allowed them to do their job properly. Pretty hypocritical if you ask me.

I think what this all boils down too is Trent is upset that the news got out about the procedure done on his scalp to remove the tumor and is using this as way to cash in his final payday because he realizes his health is getting worse and worse year by year. He's causing a circus and screwing us all because he's unhappy with his 12 million per year for the next two years. He must have taken some notes from Cousins.

Hate to say it because I love Trent and wanted him to be a lifelong Skin and realize how great he's been for us. But maybe we should cut ties with him if this can't easily be resolved. Don't need this cancerous attitude to infect the entire locker room. And we certainly don't need to be paying him top money he's getting too old and is missing too many games to do that. If this doesn't blow over soon I think cutting or trading him to send a message is the best plan of action. 

Edited by hailmary
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Starting negotiation price. Selling points is KC knows and trusts Trent. They have ALLOT invested in KC and we got nada for him so looking for some comp+ isn't too outrageous. Zimmer is in  a WIN now so he *may* be desperate to save KC and his job. They got NADA an LT now. Their LT is 12 mil this season, Trent wants 14mil....not a big makeup/risk for big upside.

 

If you believe Zimmer's job is on the line and KC enters next year negotiating for an extension..Both could free up cap space in 2019. We'd have the leverage I would think.

 

The best deal is likely to come from the Vikings if we HAVE to part with Trent. Asking vs getting. I just don't know if the Skins would do it with the Vikings at any price...

 

It's all speculation without knowing the "truth". This *could* be a win-win for us and Trent and KC

 

 

They also currently have about $1 million in cap space so they'd probably have to jettison some people to sign Trent, depending on how much he wants. I still don't see them giving up a 1st for him. The Vikings don't have a great OL situation right now but it's not bottom of the barrel bad like some other teams. They could definitely use a better LT but I'm not sure the'd be willing to pony up a 1st for one...especially one who's constantly injured, is over 30, and is likely on the downside of his career. Trent isn't going to help them "win now" if he can't stay on the field, and history shows that he can't stay on the field.

 

I still think the best we get is a 2nd and a player. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

They have ALLOT invested in KC and we got nada for him so looking for some comp+ isn't too outrageous.

Am I reading this correctly?

 

You think that it's not too outrageous to expect the Vikings to compensate us for a free agent they signed last year?

 

So by that logic if we try to pull off a trade with the giants next year we should have to toss in a little extra because of Landon Collins?

 

No, it is pretty outrageous to even think that and that's not even considering the third round comp pick we got for cousins. 

 

No way in hell we get their starting left tackle plus first and second rounders for an aging left tackle with a plethora of nagging injuries, but Kevin Costner would be very proud of us if we pulled it off.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Am I reading this correctly?

 

You think that it's not too outrageous to expect the Vikings to compensate us for a free agent they signed last year?

 

So by that logic if we try to pull off a trade with the giants next year we should have to toss in a little extra because of Landon Collins?

 

No, it is pretty outrageous to even think that and that's not even considering the third round comp pick we got for cousins. 

 

No way in hell we get their starting left tackle plus first and second rounders for an aging left tackle with a plethora of nagging injuries, but Kevin Costner would be very proud of us if we pulled it off.

They are talking about cutting the 2nd year player who is their "starter".  Our asking price is our asking price. How we arrived at it does not concern the Vikings. IF we have the leverage, use it and get what we can

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, mistertim said:

 

They also currently have about $1 million in cap space so they'd probably have to jettison some people to sign Trent, depending on how much he wants. I still don't see them giving up a 1st for him. The Vikings don't have a great OL situation right now but it's not bottom of the barrel bad like some other teams. They could definitely use a better LT but I'm not sure the'd be willing to pony up a 1st for one...especially one who's constantly injured, is over 30, and is likely on the downside of his career. Trent isn't going to help them "win now" if he can't stay on the field, and history shows that he can't stay on the field.

 

I still think the best we get is a 2nd and a player. 

Agreed.  But their starting LT is 12 Mil now so they ONLY have to come up with what..2-3mil+ That is where I theorized that KC would do something with his cap # to allow that so that HE will benefit from his better performance with Trent watching his blind side so NEXT YEAR he can recoup those $$ negotiating an extension in his last contract year. If KC sucks this year because of a bad OL, he could loose ALLOT of future $$ negotiation his next contract

 

That's why I said this could be a Win-Win-Win (Skins/Zimmer/KC)

 

It's no slam dunk but it is a Business Case to be argued I think.

 

I'm not arguing that a #2 is the going rate...I'm arguing that desperation can bump that up some so don't go in at a low #

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Hmmmm so teams honor the contract they offer to fulfillment? Nobody ever becomes a cap casualty?...

My position is simple. If you are going to complain about players holding out, you need to complain about players getting cut while under contract. If you don't complain about both, you are being a hypocrite.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member