Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

2 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Its a pretty big drop off in quality to go from Trent Williams and Ty Nseke to a 36 yr old guy on his way out with nothing behind him in the chamberand a converted bust at LG. On top of that, surely the FO is gunshy about throwing a rookie with minimal experience behind a line that has watched two careers end ( RGIII/Smith) and countless others end up on the sidelines ( McCoy, Keenum, Jackson, etc.)

I kind of put the situation in the form of a pros and cons:

Con:

1. Did not gauge the situation seriously early on

2. Did not move him for a ransom when Houston called

3. Did not field any calls for months

4. Did not name a starting price publicly. JAX said a steep price of two 1sts, and thats what they got. You cant say make me an offer i cant refuse without getting low-balled.

5. Going into trade talks with only Bruce and Dan.

6. Sticking with Manusky going into the season

Pro:

1. Sticking to their guns and not trading Trent for lesser value (imo 1st +3rd + player is the minimum)

2. Sticking to the principal of not bowing to a guy who holds the team hostage.

3. Not throwing Haskins out there infront of NE, CHI, and SF with a suspect line and terrible conditions

4. Moving on from Gruden when it was clear that he lost the respect of the locker room leaders

The cons outweigh the pros, surely. And I will cheer when Bruce is gone. But that doesnt mean i disagree with all hes done. I more or less strongly disagree with the process and manner in which he goes about his business, and the culture that he is responsible for.

CONS - letting Bruce Allen be in charge of this situation for the Redskins.  Nothing else matters - pro or con!

2 hours ago, MartinC said:

Actually there are quite a few holdouts that have gone longer over NFL history. Just recently Bell sat out a whole year for example.

Just for the Redskins John Riggins sat a whole year and after that Sean Gilbert did the same.

I should have been more clear. I was asking about this year. Granted, Bell was only last season, but that was a bit of a tone setter. Most recent thoughts were that a player would be crazy to force themself out of a situation. Last year with Bell showed it can happen and it typically hurts the team along with the player, so all the holdouts this year were settled. I guess you can say with Trent showing up his hold out is also over, but I'm thinking he 'Ramsey's' his way around taking the field. 

Of all the hold outs this year it's the worst so far it's had the worst outcome. It's the purest form of neither the player or team willing to give any ground. 

Is Trent showing up an act he's willing to play or is it him going to level 2 of his holdout, where he's accumulating a year towards free agency and getting a gameday check, but he's giving the team nothing in return. 

Time will tell. 

Haven't had any respect for Bruce for years.  Lost respect for Trent - I understand he's pissed but he is stealing IMO if he won't play.  He sneaks back in minutes before trade deadline now doesn't like the way his helmet fits.  Sick of this.  Has a team ever needed to be blown up more than this one?

Fortunately I (we) have the Nats.  A True team full of fighters that demand respect.  I may not wear a redskins hat again this season.  The curly W hat actually makes me proud to be a fan unlike the football "team".

I've actually gained respect for Trent during this whole thing. Guy is one of the best at his position and he has spent the majority of his career putting it all on the line for a dumpster fire. Good for him for wanting out. Maybe if more players do it Snyder might actually turn to the league for help -- via an advisory committee -- instead of hiring yes men. What Snyder has done to the Skins is disgusting. Destroyed one of the league's Crown Jewels.

15 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

SLEEPER BOT UPDATE:

"Trent Williams did not pass his physical with the Redskins.  Discomfort with his helmet"

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Get 'em Trent!!

ETA: This is a legit update that will be circulating shortly.

this is so great.

so, so great.

god i can't wait to watch this continue to unfold.

maybe he'll finally get out there and constantly false start and hold. or just do nothing on one snap, just stand there. it'll be great fun

6 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Fortunately I (we) have the Nats.  A True team full of fighters that demand respect.  I may not wear a redskins hat again this season.  The curly W hat actually makes me proud to be a fan unlike the football "team".

Did they win last night and if so in Baseball does a team have to win by 2 games?😀

5 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Take a deep breath? You can't be serious.  I've called this thing from the get-go and DanBruce rendered me emotionless about this team long ago, so I've got no skin in this game.  Now you on the other hand...

You are the very opposite of unemotional. You spend hours a day dedicated to hating Bruce Allen lol. You are VERY emotional.

Last I checked, you're supposed to be leading the parade that Bruce is an idiot, because he didn't trade Trent by the deadline.  Color me shocked, that you've found a way to flip it where there are other bad guys.  Typical Snyderitis.

Leading a parade? Nah, he handled it stupidly and that along with the fact we are staring 1-7 in the face is plenty enough for me to realize we need a changing of the guard. 

There are many more people than the 'many other people' you're talking about that find ZERO fault to Trent.  He has his reasons for wanting out, and put everything on the table almost half a calendar year ago.  Since that time, he's not said or done anything to be a detriment to his teammates.  Not one teammate, even anonymously, has come out and had anything negative to say about what Trent is doing.  That is very, very telling for anyone willing to listen.  

You are acting like he’s lead a giant rebellion for a heroic cause. It’s one of the stupidest takes I’ve ever had the pleasure of reading. Thanks for a nice laugh. 

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

this is so great.

so, so great.

god i can't wait to watch this continue to unfold.

maybe he'll finally get out there and constantly false start and hold. or just do nothing on one snap, just stand there. it'll be great fun

Aaaah, The Antonio Brown playbook.  Four Dimensional Chess move from Trent...very savvy.

1 minute ago, HardcoreZorn said:

He’s no better than stupid ass Antonio Brown. This fan base is so gross.

The worst this league has ever seen.

11 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Wait...I thought “the team expected him to practice”?!?

They did but his non football injury prevented him passing his physical. Therefore it was with a heavy heart and deep sadness that they placed him on the non football injury list preventing his accrual of a season. That is how they will explain it to the arbitrator...

2 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

He’s no better than stupid ass Antonio Brown. This fan base is so gross.

Yeah.

Cause on the 1-7 Redskins with a piece of trash owner and GM, it's the fans that are gross.

Shame on us for laughing at someone putting Bruce Allen in his place.

Keep fighting the good fight you and beal make great EFanWarriors

19 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

They failed his physical due to the growth. That’s a non football injury. They need to put him on the NFI list. Doesn’t count toward the accrued season...

Are you sure?  That doesn't make sense since he's trying to posture and just waste time without playing.

4 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

You are the very opposite of unemotional. You spend hours a day dedicated to hating Bruce Allen lol. You are VERY emotional.

It's always entertaining when you play psychologist on the internet.  

5 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

Leading a parade? Nah, he handled it stupidly and that along with the fact we are staring 1-7 in the face is plenty enough for me to realize we need a changing of the guard. 

You actually were rather bold with your statements prior to the deadline, getting a bit more chicken little as it got closer. 

6 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

You are acting like he’s lead a giant rebellion for a heroic cause. It’s one of the stupidest takes I’ve ever had the pleasure of reading. Thanks for a nice laugh. 

Actually, I'm not acting like that at all.  I just think it's awesome any time more people pile on to Dan and Bruce and their handling of Trent's predictable scenario in the least positive way just adds more fuel to that fire.

3 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Are you sure?  That doesn't make sense since he's trying to posture and just waste time without playing.

if that’s the reason they can claim it as a non football injury. He will counter that it was their misdiagnosis while under their care that lead to a larger procedure and subsequent failure of the physical. It will go before an arbitrator. But at this point feigning injury is simply classless. Bad move by Trent.

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

Yeah.

Cause on the 1-7 Redskins with a piece of trash owner and GM, it's the fans that are gross.

Shame on us for laughing at someone putting Bruce Allen in his place.

Keep fighting the good fight you and beal make great EFanWarriors

There were 40 thousand Steelers fans at a Monday Night game in 2008 when the Redskins were 6-2 and coming off a 2007 playoff run.

Yall quit on the team over a decade ago, just 9 years into Snyder’s tenure and 1 year before Bruce was hired.

Look in the mirror.

Archived