Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

Prediction:

Trent will downplay everything and act as if everything is all good. He seems wired in way that he only values and cares about those closest to him, so putting a disingenuous message to the media and public is justifiable in his mind. 

*Dislcaimer*

I have nothing to support what I just said. 

1 minute ago, nonniey said:

It was reported a few hours ago that he passed his physical - so not sure how he could have done that without taking one.

just 2 hours ago, 980 reported he didn't plan on having a physical.   

Ok so he's had his physical, but he doesn't plan on playing??????

4 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

The one thing Im not so sure about is the value in return part. If we let TW negotiate his own trade to a team and then come back to the Skins with a deal we may get a reasonable return. The off-season should re-set his value somewhat and he should be totally healthy for whomever wants him. Teams will need a left tackle, especially potential playoff teams. 

The only catch would be Bruce allowing Trent to do this but it might be wise to let his agent sell him to other teams....let the agent do the leg work. This could allow teams to speak with Trent and get excited about what he brings. 

Just a thought.

Another thing that could make TW more valuable in the off-season as opposed to at the just passed trade deadline is that Trent could agree to an extension with his new team while working out a trade. For example:

Trent's agent finds a suitor, lets say Kansas City, and the Chiefs are willing to deal a 1st and 4th to the Skins next year. The Chiefs also know that Trent has agreed to a 4 year deal with them at whatever they work out. KC gets a left tackle for the next 5 years and the Skins get their 1st round pick plus a 4th. I could see something like this happening if a team really wants to win now and lock that position up rather than have to draft a guy in the mid to late first round and hope he's the answer. 

In this scenario, I could see Bruce doing ok. Supposedly, there are also team friendly cap ramifications for waiting til the off-season to deal him. 

I'm not saying this is how it will go, especially cause I don't see Bruce letting Trent pick his new employer, but this is how I would play it moving forward...but I'm clearly not as smart as Bruce.....

3 minutes ago, SkinsFanMania said:

Well reports stated he won't take a phycical, practice or play.

Well he took his physical and is practicing so now were down to "reports" saying he won't play.

I'd think "reports" should be a bit suspect in all our minds by now.

8 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Prediction:

Trent will downplay everything and act as if everything is all good. He seems wired in way that he only values and cares about those closest to him, so putting a disingenuous message to the media and public is justifiable in his mind. 

*Dislcaimer*

I have nothing to support what I just said. 

No way in hell.  I don't think he ever plays for us again

1 minute ago, nonniey said:

Well reports stated he won't take a phycical, practice or play.

Well he took his physical and is practicing so now were down to "reports" saying he won't play.

I'd think "reports" should be a bit suspect in all our minds by now.

this is a good sign

1 hour ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but Clev didn't trade for any LT at the deadline so the NEED is still there in the off season. Nothing has changed really...Trent will STILL be Trade bait in March. ES was asking for a 1st and a Player...that's funny..you condemn the FO for doing your bidding...

I want to see how this plays out on accrual. Lets see some hard ball so in the OS Trent will still have 2 full contract years as trade value.

I don't know how it can get any clearer...... Early in the season, teams had needs. Namely, Houston and Cleveland. Houston offered us a deal of unknown quantity, but likely in the Tunsil neighborhood. The FO spit at it, so Houston looked at what they had and pulled the trigger on Tunsil. Cleveland wanted Trent too. The FO spit at it. Cleveland has been a train-wreck since, and an OT alone won't fix that.

The entire market was based on teams that needed to fix it right then and there. We are more than halfway through the season, and the teams have sorted themselves into two categories: The ones that are on the road to the playoffs (meaning they don't need an OT to get there), and the ones that aren't. The ones that aren't easily decided that trading the farm for an aging OT in the middle of a lost season isn't worth it. The Redskins missed the bus. You snooze, you lose. The Redskins lost, massively.

So on to next season. I have yet to see any news sources say the Redskins can avoid Trent including this year on his contract. Until someone shows how it won't, we'll assume he has 1 year left next year. So let's say the team wants to trade him... Who is going to trade the farm for a 1 year older aging OT with a single year left on his contract and probably wanting a payday? Teams will want him, but demanding a 1st and a player will get the team laughed out of the league, harder than their 2 hour trade campaign this year.

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe we find out.  He might not take any questions this season.  Who knows.  Thus far he hasn't.  I expect a Jalen Ramsey II.  Hopefully, the Skin can take on this year and next year and have two years on his contract at the start of FA next year to trade him.  This has been handled by SnyderAllen and TW embarrassingly.  

27 minutes ago, SkinsFanMania said:

It's all "sources say" - we will find out soon enough. After the bye is when the rubber will hit the road in terms of a roster spot and playing time.

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

lol the team seriously thought he’d practice? They’re even dumber than i thought 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

If they are paying him close to $700K a week why would they NOT think he would practice? If he refuses to practice then he's still holding out and the team should leave him on the 'did not report' list or suspend him for 'conduct detrimental"  and let him and/or the NFLPA file a grievance.

12 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Let me get this straight...Trent was expected to practice today?

Less than 24 hours after he was not absolutely not expected by anyone to even report to the team.

Lord, the media is astounding.

The same guys reporting on trades and what compensation was offered?

Archived