Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

If he's lying, he and the Skins deserve each other. 

If he's telling the truth, it means this entire time he's been holding out because of the surgery to his head, he didn't consider seeing how it felt in a helmet. Which plays into this "he doesn't own his health" narrative. 

Either/Or. That's ridiculous. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

There were 40 thousand Steelers fans at a Monday Night game in 2008 when the Redskins were 6-2 and coming off a 2007 playoff run.

Yall quit on the team over a decade ago, just 9 years into Snyder’s tenure and 1 year before Bruce was hired.

Look in the mirror.

I went to pretty much every game from 2005 through 2018.

So, as usual, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Which is cool cause that look suits you perfectly

I don't blame Trent for wanting out of this ****hole franchise. If he wants to stick it to the pieces of **** running our front office, then I'm with him. We need change, and if it takes humiliation of this team in the public for it to happen, then so be it.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Gotta wear a helmet to play the game bruh

Yes I know...thought I misread it. So I also read that if the redskins keep him on the exempt list until after Sunday, he doesnt get this year?

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

He only needs 6 games not 8.

Ok...I wasnt sure after I read that...again I was like wtf...

Just now, PartyPosse said:

It's kinda hilarious. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in the room when he tried on the helmet.

Think OJ and the glove...

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

I went to pretty much every game from 2005 through 2018.

So, as usual, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Which is cool cause that look suits you perfectly

Some offer facts and optimism.

Others offer personal anecdotes and insults.

Get in where you fit in.

• Haha 2
22 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Are you sure?  That doesn't make sense since he's trying to posture and just waste time without playing.

I cant find the story from a while back, but I'm sure I have read that this was a possible scenario that worked in our favour. He reports back but ends up on the exemption list, and that runs for say 2-3 weeks by which point Trent would lose the ability to accrue this season.

dont hold me to that as being true, but for some reason I'm sure I've read something along those lines.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Honest question: are you okay with the state of the franchise? 

Nope.

I want a new stadium, upgraded FO and improved coaching staff...in that order.

Or a new owner would be nice.  But that’s out of my hands.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For clarification, he intentionally failed the physical by saying he didnt like the way the helmet fit in context of the surgery he had on his head?  If that's true, someone is telling him exactly what to do in order to not play for us and still count the year, maybe his agent? 

This is far from over, he'll do this next year if he has to if it's true and it works.  This is not cool, this dangerous AF, hes taking this as far as he can to stick it to Bruce but showing loopholes at the same time for players in the future, regardless of the context.

As much as I want to cheer Trent for embarrasing Bruce as much as possible, what's to stop someone from going this route jus for more money?  What if Kirk did this knowing as a QB someone would overpay him no matter how ugly this got?

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Gotta wear a helmet to play the game bruh

Yup. And helmet are closely watched by the NFL. I doubt they find a way to allow a specific helmet for him that allows him to play...

This is really becoming interesting.

Hard to blame a guy that had some stuff remove from his head to complain about the helmet...

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

What if he stays on the list for longer, say 3 weeks.

If he goes on the non football injury list then there is no accrual if he’s on it after the 10th game. They have the 2 week roster exemption now. All of this will end up before an arbitrator. There isn’t a specific precedent on it before this. Normally when you show up you don’t pretend you’re hurt. I don’t think it’s going to workout in Trent’s favor but he’s rolling the dice and making himself look like an idiot in the process.

It’s one thing to have a couple of failed drug tests and then grow up and turn your career around but when you engage in fraud it’s not a good look. That goes to his character. He’s not getting good advice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I was under the impression being on the exemption list is bad for Trent ?

when the exemption list was first mentioned it was said to last for two weeks.  Since then others have said they could keep him on it for longer, not sure why.  With this stunt, I hope that's the case

• Like 1
2 hours ago, NickyJ said:

That is a possibility, yes. But the problem with that is that it already happened THIS SEASON. The very best case scenario that can be come up with is that the FO have only delayed the rebuilding and renewal by one year. The worst is that they turned down a golden opportunity, and they won't get something that valuable again. What did they gain by waiting? What do they gain with the possibility (I'd say a very strong one) that Trent's value has dropped?

Youre right on all accounts, Im just trying to move forward by thinking all hope at good compensation may not be lost....but then again we have Bruce and any logical solution to all this is probly too much to hope for.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

If he goes on the non football injury list then there is no accrual if he’s on it after the 10th game. They have the 2 week roster exemption now. All of this will end up before an arbitrator. There isn’t a specific precedent on it before this. Normally when you show up you don’t pretend you’re hurt. I don’t think it’s going to workout in Trent’s favor but he’s rolling the dice and making himself look like an idiot in the process.

It’s one thing to have a couple of failed drug tests and then grow up and turn your career around but when you engage in fraud it’s not a good look. That goes to his character. He’s not getting good advice.

Thanks I thought the exemption lasted a couple of weeks or so.

And I agree, I don't think it works in Trents favour either.

• TK locked this topic