Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

I mean Trent hasn't earned the money he's already been given ....given among other things the many games he's been absent before this season. He has more than enough money to have saught a second opinion if he was that worried about the growth (and he should have been that worried). This  though is a case of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". Although I don't agree completely with where Trent's coming from I hope he succeeds as one of the best mouthpieces we have for Bruce Allen's ousta atm.

16 minutes ago, Blind Reckoning said:

I mean Trent hasn't earned the money he's already been given

This is just absolute gag-worthy horse****, and another example of how these billionaires have somehow managed to convince fans to side with them over the millionaire at best players on nearly every issue. It's ****ing silly. 

Think what you want about this current situation and what sort of money Trent might be worth moving forward in his later years. Whatever your opinion on that and this current circus, it isn't relevant here. 

But to say with a straight face that such a good player didn't even earn his previous money after all his years playing through injuries while playing at a high level on this cesspit of a team? Why, because he missed some games half a decade ago to a weed suspension? Laughable. 

(Btw I'm not some Trent fanboy. I've been saying to trade him since last off-season)

I'm not taking it back that far and yeah he's no Jordan Reed but just going back to 2016 look at the games missed (4 in 16)(6 in 17)(3 in 18) and yeah since we wouldn't be talking about it otherwise what 7 or 8 games this season that are on Trent? That's not including games he left early in which there were a few. I think it was two seasons ago the line actually performed better when Ty Nsekhe was in there at LT. As far as playing hurt he was getting paid as the best LT in the NFL and as the contract matured still as one of the best..not as a injured player still playing hard/decent. Personally I'm not sure why we treat Players differently from say your avg Joe Plumber. Say the plumber slips on the job laying pipe in a ditch and messes up his leg. He trys to work through the pain but takes twice as long as he would if healthy to finish jobs. He's allowed to answer the phone in the office until he heals because he couldn't survive on workman's comp (real story btw)(IE Trent still getting his full contract). Although he's a heck of a nice guy and he pushes through the pain and trys his best while injured is he earning the money he's making as far as the known expectations when he was offered the job and salaries negotiated?  No.  Accidents/injuries happen....getting old happens.Was Trent still a great LT who tried hard? Sure when he played. We all live in a what have you done for me lately world and except for 15 when he got the record extension ...since then (gag on it all you want) in my opinion he hasn't lived up to his contract. I still really like Trent but you and me are not the ones paying him. Sadly Dan Snyder is the owner. He pays out the contracts and by what he's allowing Bruce Allen to get by with in this situation with Trent...Trent must not be performing to his expectations. I'll leave it there.

I think this could be a very realistic question that both teams may consider so I ask the fans here at ES what they think:

Brown GM: "Hey, i hear you're shopping TW, would you do OBJ straight up for Trent?"

Redskins GM: "Yes, done."

I put this out there because we have the cap space and the need for a playmaker (assuming he is healthy after his pending surgery). Cleveland would get out of paying for an unhappy player and get a starting LT out of it. Would you do it?

This is a Dan Snyder move all the way....

7 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

OBJ wanted out of NY because Eli stunk and couldn't get him the ball enough.  OBJ apparently wants out of Cleveland for the same reasons.

And you want to bring him here, why?

I didn't say I wanted to bring him here....I'm saying that's a total Dan move. I wouldn't touch OBJ....not unless the market for TW has totally dried up and only Cleveland was making this offer. 

6 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

....I would do Trent for OBJ. Haskins needs weapons; we are thin outside of McLaurin. He needs a LT, too, and we have a deep OT draft upcoming. OBJ will be extra motivated to come back to the NFC East and he can hang out with his buddy Landon.

And, if Landon goes to Dan and tells him to get him don't think Dan won't listen, long and hard. 

Not that it would happen but I would deal TW for OBJ in a heartbeat.  I would rather gamble on OBJ than counting on the skins dealing TW for a first round pick.  I think we deal him for a second round pick and select a guy who could be hit or miss.

I think we get the #2 pick in the draft and take Chase Young....adding in OBJ would be just as nice.

20 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

OBJ and AB are in fantasy land. They may be great recievers but we dont need no stinking CLOWNS🤡🤡🤡 here right now, we have enough **** on our plate. Trade big man for what we can get and move on......can't let players dictate FO deals.

I think we all would agree that AB is legitimately crazy.  He's on a whole different level than OBJ.

Outside of the dumb watch situation, OBJ has been very quiet this season.  It's also a Dan move.....if you want seats in the stadium you need players.

Assuming Trent is done here, could we get OBJ and a pick for Trent if we tossed in a later round pick? Maybe OBJ and a 2nd for TW and a 5th? Then go with Terry Mac, OBJ and Sims as the starters next year while signing a FA tight end or drafting one. The question would be "is OBJ worth the money....and the drama?"

DH would have some serious weapons at WR and likely a good stable of backs. And we'd still have a top 5 pick and tons of free agency money to build the o-line. I'm not advocating dealing for OBJ but you could do worse in a return for Trent.

People may believe what they want but the fact is, his crying over this has hurt himself and the team.  Him for being a wiener (I mean whiner) and the team because he's whining wiener about his medical situation and this situation not being resolved.  Wish they would have just traded him to some of the other bottom-feeders. Yuck!

A little nugget of news relating to Trent.

In the Houston area, Trent owns a nice home, where he has a few pit bulls that have gotten loose and killed a neighbor's dog.

During the interview, other residents said they were terrified and do not take their dogs out for walks nor let their kids in the yard because of the dogs getting loose all the time.

When it rains it pours...

9 hours ago, sportjunkie07 said:

i wouldn’t take obj if the browns gave him to us for free. That guy is a cancer and a diva and not an elite receiver in this league.

Totally agree.  Last thing this team needs is another ‘me-guy’

13 hours ago, skins island connection said:

A little nugget of news relating to Trent.

In the Houston area, Trent owns a nice home, where he has a few pit bulls that have gotten loose and killed a neighbor's dog.

During the interview, other residents said they were terrified and do not take their dogs out for walks nor let their kids in the yard because of the dogs getting loose all the time.

When it rains it pours...

I’m seeing some of this on social meadow including pics of those pits roaming free.  I would have a 9 at the ready if I lived in his neighborhood.

Trent was a good player but he always struck me as not the brightest bulb.

Archived