Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

34 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Trent and RR have a lot in common.  Both refuse to get anywhere near Bruce. I think they will quickly bond and Trent will be in camp.

I was going to say Trent and Ron seem like polar opposites. Accountability, doing things the same way as your teammates. That's not something Trent has had to do in his time in the NFL. 

Maybe he gets with the program. Maybe not. Don't blame Rivera for wanting to talk to him and level set. 

I cannot remember, is he still under contract for 2 more years? 

I seem to recall Bruce pulled some stunt to try to screw him, after he reported, and he didn't burn a year.

I don't believe AP if he is saying Trent wants more money. I will stick to my guns, that if anything is contract related, he largely wants salary converted to guaranteed money.  Our crack MASH* team just stuck a cast on a dangling thumb that required surgery. You almost cannot make this stuff up. 

If he only has 1 year left, maybe he will want a year added to not be pending UFA/trade bait. Call it the Bruce tax.

Wouldn't be shocked either way. From the quotes from Rivera, I wouldn't be surprised if he is quick to cut ties. I am sure he will have a sit down, and get a feeling of the situation. If he doesn't like it, he bails. If it seems manageable, TW is a great asset to have.  

Maybe it was best Allen didn't trade Trent.  Not having him play, helped him heal and presumed helped us nab the #2 overall.

It's impressive, how quickly thoughts and feelings can change, as fans.

So it appears that by reporting Trent logged a year off his contract (and Bruce not around to contest that), and thus has 1 year remaining.  So yeah at this point, he is going to want to get his next contract ironed out. And Ron may well want that as well, as we are not rebuilding and needs a LT.

5 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

Maybe it was best Allen didn't trade Trent.  Not having him play, helped him heal and presumed helped us nab the #2 overall.

It's impressive, how quickly thoughts and feelings can change, as fans.

So it appears that by reporting Trent logged a year off his contract (and Bruce not around to contest that), and thus has 1 year remaining.  So yeah at this point, he is going to want to get his next contract ironed out. And Ron may well want that as well, as we are not rebuilding and needs a LT.

i posted before that we can give Bruce the credit for not trading him or, maybe Dan ordered Trent not to be dealt? Either way, it would be great to see this get ironed out and have Trent finish out his last 3 years or so with the Skins. I have a feeling Trent will love RR and that this will all be taken care of. I'm anxious to see Trent leading the way for AP and Guice.

6 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

i posted before that we can give Bruce the credit for not trading him or, maybe Dan ordered Trent not to be dealt? Either way, it would be great to see this get ironed out and have Trent finish out his last 3 years or so with the Skins. I have a feeling Trent will love RR and that this will all be taken care of. I'm anxious to see Trent leading the way for AP and Guice.

At this point in his career I'd have preferred to have the 10th overall pick or the 2 firsts from the Texans - that bridge has sailed thanks to Allen -oh well water under the boat.

2 minutes ago, nonniey said:

At this point in his career I'd have preferred to have the 10th overall pick or the 2 firsts from the Texans - that bridge has sailed thanks to Allen -oh well water under the boat.

Draft picks are great I get it but who really thinks someone your picking at 10 is going to be better than Trent over the next 3 to 5 years.I take Trent he is the real deal and everyone knows it.

11 minutes ago, nonniey said:

I think you may be glad we kept Trent when you see how things play out next year but it's hard to argue about how two 1sts would play out. I am convinced that Dan kiboshed any trade of Trent....If Trent comes back motivated and energized to play under RR we could be in for some great things. 

Archived