Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

1 minute ago, carex said:

fulfilling it, that's what he owes, especially since he's supposedly a leader of the team.  The timing of Trent's asking for his trade prevented the Skins looking at  LT as an area of need this offseason, not acquiring compensation for him, that's why people were unhappy about it

They had most of the offseason to address the position.  As well as an equal amount of time to trade him.  Don't forget, it was reported that the Patriots offered a first rounder. 

Just now, megared said:

They had most of the offseason to address the position.  As well as an equal amount of time to trade him.  Don't forget, it was reported that the Patriots offered a first rounder. 

not asking for a trade till June 5 means they didn't know they needed too

I'm kinda hoping Trent does mess up Bruce's plans..  don't get me wrong every sunday I am watching and rooting for the redskins.  But if things are gonna change then it needs to get bad, real bad.  And if Trent somehow gets the best of Allen and we get nothing for him, on top of a really bad season.  Maybe just maybe Snyder fires him and hires someone who can turn things around here.  But as usual that's wishful thinking

1 minute ago, carex said:

not asking for a trade till June 5 means they didn't know they needed too

That was the date the story broke.  Not when he communicated his request to the front office.  By what was reported it happened sometime after the draft, but not to the team's liking.  After all, we know Jay wouldn't have acknowledged it as an issue if he was unaware of it.

26 minutes ago, mrcaniac said:

It's the other way around, the suspension is heard by the commissioner, and then it is appealed to an arbiter.

The Commissioner represents the teams/owners ("the League"), the NFLPA represents the players, the independent arbiter is the what the CBA uses to settle contract/financial/medical differences between the League and the NFLPA. The team/league can suspend Trent all they want, but the NFLPA/Trent will take the contract rollover to the Arbiter for him/her to decide. Once the Arbiter decides on that, then the team/league and NFLPA/Trent must accept the decision.

there is no independent arbitrator for personal conduct suspensions. If the league seems feigning injury as conduct detrimental to the NFL, Roger has all of he power and final say. 

13 minutes ago, mrcaniac said:

I believe this is what is frosting Trent's ass. His contract for this season and next season aren't guaranteed. The Redskins could wait until final cuts and release him, and he gets nothing, and since it happens right before the first game, most teams won't have any cap space to sign him, and if he does sign, it's probably for one year. Plus, teams will wait until after the first game to sign him making the contract pretty much a game to game contract.

Certainly it was part of it:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/trent-williamss-relationship-with-redskins-is-fractured-and-theres-no-going-back/2019/08/01/6b8d6372-b400-11e9-8949-5f36ff92706e_story.html

But there was no way the team would've parted with him.  They aren't that forward minded.  They had just let Nseke walk in free agency.

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

Not true. Shahid Khan met with him and he said he would play then faked the back injury again. That’s when they traded him.

Faking injuries has no place in this sport. This isn’t soccer. 

His beef was with Coughlin.  Once Khan realized that there was no resolution that could be reached, he signed off on trading him.  

**** Trent Williams. And by saying that, it doesn't mean I am taking the side of Dan/Bruce. 

If this was over some perceived wrong by the medical staff, Trent could have filed a grievance and could have reported and played while it was being sorted out. But instead, he chose to sit out, hurting his teammates and showing the fanbase how little he thinks of his obligation to this team and the city. I wish Bruce wouldn't have made this a game of egos and would have just traded him.   

5 hours ago, BraveWarrior said:

**** Trent Williams. And by saying that, it doesn't mean I am taking the side of Dan/Bruce. 

If this was over some perceived wrong by the medical staff, Trent could have filed a grievance and could have reported and played while it was being sorted out. But instead, he chose to sit out, hurting his teammates and showing the fanbase how little he thinks of his obligation to this team and the city. I wish Bruce wouldn't have made this a game of egos and would have just traded him.   

What would filing a grievance have done for Trent?  He told the front office that he clearly wanted out.  Why would he then entrust his body to people he no longer trusted?

For all of the culture freaks out there, would you really have wanted that dynamic in your locker room? 

How does it go from "The medical staff misdiagnosed" to "I will never play for th(at)e franchise..." that drafted me, stuck by me through multuple suspensions and injuries, AND made me the highest paid T EVER (at the time)??

It ddnt escalate as quickly as the Ramsey ****.. Maybe thats what ****ed this all- it wasnt for sure what his intentions or demands were.

Filing a grievance sheds more light on your concerns. Meet with Danny boy, who would likely do anything for you. Express your concerns... AND REPORT. Day ONE of camp. Thats what the motha ****ing C on your chest stands for. Dont like the medical? COOL you are entitled to 2nd opinions... And have the ched to have your very own medical consultant dr nutritionist therapist etc etc. Trent could have stayed classy to the orginization while not ****ting on the team AND have his concerns taken seriously. Instead it became a debacle turned pissing match.

Timing? We still thought hed report any week when the Tunsil deal dropped.. AND didnt want to give up our ONLY PERENNIAL PROBOWLER. Why just trade away the face of the franchise??? Had he been open about simply wanting out not returning unless BA was fired before the draft we could have moved him and got his replacement (or cut BA! Then and there)... Everyone wins. 

Instead Trent is trying to play hard ball and d **** the team as much as he can... Im not with that smokey. I blame his agent as well, but Trent is the one dumb enough to keep smoking weed and lose millions over WEED multuple times smmfh.

BA might be the devil reincarnated, but TW is far from a saint in this whole **** show

1 hour ago, CowboyKillerz said:

Filing a grievance sheds more light on your concerns. Meet with Danny boy, who would likely do anything for you. Express your concerns... AND REPORT. Day ONE of camp.

Do you really think Bruce is operating independently from Snyder on this one?  The owner has the ultimate authority.

Thats what the motha ****ing C on your chest stands for. Dont like the medical? COOL you are entitled to 2nd opinions... And have the ched to have your very own medical consultant etc etc. Trent could have stayed classy to the orginization while not ****ting on the team abd have his concerns herd seriously. Instead it became a debacle turned piasing match.

That "C" means absolutely squat.  Otherwise we wouldn't have bestowed it upon Case Keenum and Landon Collins before they ever played in a game for us.  Or Alex Smith & Mason Foster last season.  Or Dashon Goldson.  The whole captain concept pretty much hasn't meant anything since Gruden was hired.  

Timing? We still thought hed report any week when the Tunsil deal dropped.. AND didnt want to give up our ONLY PERENNIAL PROBOWLER. Why just trade away the face of the franchise??? Had he been open about simply wanting out not returning unless BA was fired before the draft we could have moved him and got his replacement... Everyone wins. 

Instead Trent is trying to play hard ball a d **** the team as much as he can... Im not with that smokey. I blame his agent as well, but Trent is the one dumb enough to keep smoking weed and lose millions over WEED multuple times.. 

BA might be the devil reincarnated, but TW is far from a saint i  this whole **** show

No...no we didn't.  It was made very clear by Trent's camp that he wanted to be either traded or released, and he'd never play for us again.  

4 hours ago, megared said:

Or perhaps they didn’t want to lose one of the best at his position? A bad diagnosis is unforgivable but vowing to never play for the team that drafted you ever again even while still under contract is disloyal.

Two wrongs don’t make a right. Both sides clearly don’t give a damn about the team. This tension has clearly rubbed off on teammates, particularly Moses, who was always swinging from Silverback’s nutsack. It’s no surprise his plays has fallen completely off a cliff. 

In no way defending the FO but returning like this just proves it is all about money for TW & everything else was just a smokescreen. 

I would have rather got the value of a trade (2nd round pick doesnt excite tho) but I kinda don't mind sticking it to someone who is just being plain greedy & a bad teammate

The sooner Trent is gone the better for me. 

Nobody needs to say anything on the continued disgrace of Allen and Snyder that hasn't been said already but the self-serving. me first actions, however within the CBA remit he's been, of a player who should (term used VERY loosely) be an integral part of this team and veteran leader have been despicable IMHO. 

There aint' no 'I' in team. But there SURE as Hell is in Williams. 

In an ideal World I'd happily sit him the remainder of this year and next and let him rot and lose 2 full seasons of his career. But that would be cutting our nose off to spite our face so the sooner he's out of the building the better. 

Hail. 

This whole narrative that him coming back proves it’s all about money is not logical.  

He left millions on the table by not showing up until now.

He is showing up now because he’s not about to let Bruce dictate this scenario by not trading him and still having him under contract for two years.  Most of us saw this coming a long time ago.  It makes 0 sense for him to go about this any other way than he has.  

58 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

The sooner Trent is gone the better for me. 

Nobody needs to say anything on the continued disgrace of Allen and Snyder that hasn't been said already but the self-serving. me first actions, however within the CBA remit he's been, of a player who should (term used VERY loosely) be an integral part of this team and veteran leader have been despicable IMHO. 

There aint' no 'I' in team. But there SURE as Hell is in Williams. 

In an ideal World I'd happily sit him the remainder of this year and next and let him rot and lose 2 full seasons of his career. But that would be cutting our nose off to spite our face so the sooner he's out of the building the better. 

Hail. 

Its spider face..sorry..just my two cents..

Man, I hate Bruce.

Also, starting to hate Trent. Mostly because he wont let his reasoning for this be known.

My silver lining hope in this is, Trent has a legit reason for doing this, Bruce and Danny take it to the commissioner, Trent shines the light on the dogs ass, and voila, we have a new FO. 🤪

7 hours ago, a0tmike21 said:

I'm kinda hoping Trent does mess up Bruce's plans..  don't get me wrong every sunday I am watching and rooting for the redskins.  But if things are gonna change then it needs to get bad, real bad.  And if Trent somehow gets the best of Allen and we get nothing for him, on top of a really bad season.  Maybe just maybe Snyder fires him and hires someone who can turn things around here.  But as usual that's wishful thinking

If this were to occur then this would be Williams' greatest accomplishment as a Redskin.  However as you said most likely it will not unfold in this manner.  This is just beyond ridiculous.  It is almost as if the more Allen screws up the more likely it is that he retains his job for a very long time.  Snyder is pure evil.

Archived