Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

Many of us agreed that before the season TW wouldn't fetch a 1st. Aging, injury-plagued, deteriorating play... I know we hold/held TW in high regard so it's difficult for some to see it for what it is, but he didn't fetch a 1st months ago and he won't fetch one now. Trade him for a 3rd, idc, just get this waste of salary cap off the team. 

I saw we were shopping Norman. if we get anything above a 6th round pick I'll be amazed... and I would take a 6th round pick.

31 minutes ago, MartinC said:

If the offer is less than a 2nd there is no way we should move him. We would likely get that and know what exact pick(s) we are getting just before the draft.

Under  normal circumstances I’d agree with you but it’s probably worth a 2-3 round slip just to have this saga end...

Just now, CTskin said:

I saw we were shopping Norman. if we get anything above a 6th round pick I'll be amazed... and I would take a 6th round pick.

I’d give up a 6th to get him off the team at his salary...

3 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

I clearly get the point. My point is we don't have to move him. If  we aren't getting offers better than a 2nd. Sit on him until the off season and see if someone might want him for more in the off season. The problem right now is the teams that might want him. know they aren't going to make the playoffs this year. So of course they aren't as pressured into trading for a LT. He doesn't have to be moved. He's been on this team this far. A few more weeks won't hurt either way.

You clearly don’t get my point.  Bruce missed the boat earlier this season when teams like the Texans were desperate for a LT.  Now the skins are stuck taking whatever they can scrounge up or as you suggest waiting even further till the off season when teams have even more options to fill a need.  

of course the skins don’t have to move him.   I’m not debating that.  Again my point is he should have been moved already.  Again ie striking while the iron was hot.  Lol.  Granted we don’t know what the Texans would’ve given for Trent had he been on the block but I’d assume it would’ve been a hell of a lot better than what we can get now and surly a hell of a lot better than what they can get in the off season. 

41 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

He'd make a ton more money in FLA, with no income tax. That's one plus.

I live in South Florida.  Granted Tampa is west Florida but the weather is the same.  My brother in law lives in Houston where Trent is from.  So I know both areas well.   Houston has plenty in common -- hot, humid, hurricanes.  Trent would feel at home.  😀  Arians I think is a cool coach and seems persuasive.  I bet he can talk Trent into it. 

Speaking of Florida, Dolphins up on the Steelers.  Granted early.  But man if the Dolphins win and they trade Trent tomorrow, I'll have a fun football week.  😀

17 minutes ago, MartinC said:

The beat guys are saying no one has offered a first round pick to this point

This is interesting being that I've heard several media types say "Well the Dolphins got a 1st so I'm sure the Redskins were offered a 1st" but we've never received clarity on that.

2 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

You clearly don’t get my point.  Bruce missed the boat earlier this season when teams like the Texans were desperate for a LT.  Now the skins are stuck taking whatever they can scrounge up or as you suggest waiting even further till the off season when teams have even more options to fill a need.  

of course the skins don’t have to move him.   I’m not debating that.  Again my point is he should have been moved already.  Again ie striking while the iron was hot.  Lol.  Granted we don’t know what the Texans would’ve given for Trent had he been on the block but I’d assume it would’ve been a hell of a lot better than what we can get now and surly a hell of a lot better than what they can get in the off season. 

The Skins aren't stuck taking any offer. He's under contract next year as well. Nothing makes the Skins have to trade him. You act like we have to move him. We don't have to move him unless the price is right. I clearly get that Bruce is a **** head and already screwed the team out of a number of picks. With that being said keep Trent. Maybe get a new GM and let him take care of what happens next with Trent. This idea that we have to move him now is ridiculous. He's under contract and we don't have to just give him away like some of you want to.  

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

This is interesting being that I've heard several media types say "Well the Dolphins got a 1st so I'm sure the Redskins were offered a 1st" but we've never received clarity on that.

Miami got far more than a first. 

7 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Many of us agreed that before the season TW wouldn't fetch a 1st. Aging, injury-plagued, deteriorating play... I know we hold/held TW in high regard so it's difficult for some to see it for what it is, but he didn't fetch a 1st months ago and he won't fetch one now. Trade him for a 3rd, idc, just get this waste of salary cap off the team. 

NFL currently has multiple tackles in their late 30s

3 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

and this is why I don't understand Dan Snyder.  This is a FIREABLE offense.  Other GMs, who reign over other losing programs, when they make a timing mistake like this - they get fired.  This is Bruce Allen's second unforgivable, fireable offense in 2 years.  First there was Kirk Cousins.  A QB who, going into 2017, his Owner, Snyder, described him as a "franchise QB" and "we don't have to worry about the QB position".  And to lose your "franchise QB" (according to Allen's Boss) for nothing - that never happens in this sport, EVER!  not even in San Diego with Brees (a different situation, injury).  if Snyder really felt that way about Cousins (franchise QB) and Allen lost him - then one would suspect Snyder not only would have fired Allen on the spot - he might have murdered him, too.   And now, in real time, Allen is once again, ruining leverage and assets of Snyder's business with this Williams fiasco.  A SECOND fireable offense.  And this doesnt even begin to cover his overall record as a GM.  So this for me is about Snyder.  WHAT. IN. THE. HELL. IS. HE. THINKING. WITH. BRUCE. ALLEN.   My only guess is Allen's non other duties are so far more important to Snyder that he doesnt mind these football related disasters that he creates.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I live in South Florida.  Granted Tampa is west Florida but the weather is the same.  My brother in law lives in Houston where Trent is from.  So I know both areas well.   Houston has plenty in common -- hot, humid, hurricanes.  Trent would feel at home.  😀  Arians I think is a cool coach and seems persuasive.  I bet he can talk Trent into it. 

Speaking of Florida, Dolphins up on the Steelers.  Granted early.  But man if the Dolphins win and they trade Trent tomorrow, I'll have a fun football week.  😀

The question I would pose is would TW want to go to another team without a QB.  Jameis is gone after this year and the Bucs will be shopping for a new QB, he would be leaving one team without a QB to go to another.

• Idk exactly the details but I think your not allowed to trade injured players right?  However I was just thinking how New England offered us a 1st early this year...I would call them back and say your first and Isiah Wynn (there 1st is basically a 2nd pick, but you can also get a young LT who could start) 

2 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

The Skins aren't stuck taking any offer. He's under contract next year as well. Nothing makes the Skins have to trade him. You act like we have to move him. We don't have to move him unless the price is right. I clearly get that Bruce is a **** head and already screwed the team out of a number of picks. With that being said keep Trent. Maybe get a new GM and let him take care of what happens next with Trent. This idea that we have to move him now is ridiculous. He's under contract and we don't have to just give him away like some of you want to.  

I agree - the skins don’t have to do anything.  They can do nothing and let Trent sit another year.  Trent will come in at week 10 yet not play next year and then be a FA and Skins get nada. 

id rather get something over nothing but that’s me.  

maybe they do as you say and trade him for something in the offseason.  But my point is again that value only goes down.  

Bruce will see Miami dominating Pitt and think:

4D662249-A670-4175-8035-9900D4E297FC.gif

2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

They got a 1st, a 2nd, I think one of the coaches threw a small child into the deal.  It was stacked I know, I was just trying to make a point.

2 firsts and a second.

5 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

The question I would pose is would TW want to go to another team without a QB.  Jameis is gone after this year and the Bucs will be shopping for a new QB, he would be leaving one team without a QB to go to another.

If what some beat guys have said which is that Trent wants out in a big way, I am not so convinced that he is going to be that picky.  Tampa are better than we are.  They've lost some close games this year. 

On another note, Dolphins now up 14-0.   

Edit:

Just caught up with some other posts just now, I see others are into this MNF game, too. 😀

3 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

I agree - the skins don’t have to do anything.  They can do nothing and let Trent sit another year.  Trent will come in at week 10 yet not play next year and then be a FA and Skins get nada. 

id rather get something over nothing but that’s me.  

maybe they do as you say and trade him for something in the offseason.  But my point is again that value only goes down.  

Value doesn't go down if we are only getting a 2nd as the offer. I'm pretty sure they could swing a 2nd in the off season. More teams also might be interested at that time. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If what some beat guys have said which is that Trent wants out in a big way, I am not so convinced that he is going to be that picky.  Tampa are better than we are.  They've lost some close games this year. 

On another note, Dolphins now up 14-0. 

I agree and I do think they are close but the QB situation is going to cause some issues but who knows, maybe we see Tom Brady or Rivers in Tampa next year.

Archived