Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

1 hour ago, HardcoreZorn said:

This thread cracks me up. What the hell do you want to hear, “We are open to business on trading Trent” and announce it publicly? It lowers his value. Just like the Jaguars who insisted they wouldn’t be trading Ramsey, until they did...Hold out till you get the best haul you can. If they hold him hostage forever just to send a message that’s one thing, but all the information leaking out points to the contrary. Too much smoke around Cleveland, sounds like price is too steep for them and I’m sure Dorsey has legitimate concern about relinquishing what could actually be a high to mid round pick. The comments by Dorsey seem like posturing, holding out hope we agree to trade him without their first included. Hold out for the first.

I think a good line for any GM is that they will make any move that will help this team get better. That covers all players and potential compensation, so it's a good catch all. 

Granted it's just his public posturing, so one could assume he's more flexible behind closed doors, but by all accounts Bruce isn't willing to trade Trent, period. He's not even acting like me might flinch. You could say he's playing his poker hand very well, but there's a contract/trade negotiation history where it seems  like an unlikely outcome. 

As for the Dorsey comments I don't know how to read them. Is he saying Allen should be at the table or is he just explaining why he hasn't made a deal? Can't really tell. 

On 10/16/2019 at 2:37 PM, Unbias said:

I think a good line for any GM is that they will make any move that will help this team get better. That covers all players and potential compensation, so it's a good catch all. 

Granted it's just his public posturing, so one could assume he's more flexible behind closed doors, but by all accounts Bruce isn't willing to trade Trent, period. He's not even acting like me might flinch. You could say he's playing his poker hand very well, but there's a contract/trade negotiation history where it seems  like an unlikely outcome. 

As for the Dorsey comments I don't know how to read them. Is he saying Allen should be at the table or is he just explaining why he hasn't made a deal? Can't really tell. 

Snyder and Allen must think they just have Redskins fans blind loyalty and that they don't owe any explanations to the fans. How can Bruce not come out and explain his position on not trading Trent? ***** him and his hair club for men haircut! And ***** Snyder too.

4 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Snyder and Allen must think they just have Redskins fans blind loyalty and that they don't owe any explanations to the fans. How can Bruce not come out and explain his position on not trading Trent? F%ck him and his hair club for men haircut! And f&ck Snyder too.

I'm really at a breaking point with this organization. The fact that they're this bad and like you said say nothing. I don't understand how anyone goes to there games. It's just a flat out kick in the face of the fans on how all of this has been handled. 1-5 and the Owner/GM says nothing to what direction we're going. All we here is that we are close and that is just a flat out lie. 

No one should support this team and give them money. Who ever  throws money at this team in any way is also the problem.  Stop supporting this team guys, nothing is changing for the good.

Cleveland is certainly interested in Williams, Dorsey made that clear without naming him. At 2-4, his team is underperforming against expectations, and star second-year QB Baker Mayfield has been sacked 16 times in six games. Dorsey knows he needs to bolster the Browns offensive line. 

"It’s a hard position to acquire, especially at this time of year. We’ll make a million phone calls. We’ll constantly work the phones," Dorsey said. "If nothing happens, we’ll move onto the next project. If we think we can improve the position, we’ll make a move if it’s right for this organization."

Compensation will be key as the Williams situation unfolds...

The calls will keep coming to Ashburn asking about WIlliams. The question will be if Allen will pick them up. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/browns-gm-admits-trade-talks-redskins-bruce-allen-takes-two-tango

59 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

I'm really at a breaking point with this organization. The fact that they're this bad and like you said say nothing. I don't understand how anyone goes to there games. It's just a flat out kick in the face of the fans on how all of this has been handled. 1-5 and the Owner/GM says nothing to what direction we're going. All we here is that we are close and that is just a flat out lie. 

No one should support this team and give them money. Who ever  throws money at this team in any way is also the problem.  Stop supporting this team guys, nothing is changing for the good.

That’s where I am. I don’t mind supporting a losing team that’s at least committing to a  plan, whether it be rebuilding or competing. But there is no direction thanks to the incompetency of the FO.  I used to think we were being too hard on them as they seemed to be trying but I realized I was viewing it through burgundy tinted glasses.

I guarantee this is how Gruden felt here, and I wish he'd shown some fire like this on the way out just to spotlight Bruce hiding in the shadows while Jay had to answer all the questions for 5+ years. I'm sure Callahan will put up with the same **** the next two weeks with questions about Trent that the FO should be answering:

7 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Doug Marrone is the most underrated coach in football, pro & college. Unfortunately, he is consistently handed crap to work with.

There’s a story around these parts, that I have confirmation is true, about a badass Marrone story.

At Bills training camp... the players were eating in the cafeteria and this one player was getting loud and calling his teammates at his table out, and saying generally ****ty things. Marrone was walking by when this was going on.

He stopped. Turned around. Walked to the table... calmly put his hand down on it... looked at the player dead in the eye and said, “you’re cut. Pack your ****.”

Then, like a John Wayne ass son of a gun he turned around and walked off down the hallway and out the door. 

11 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Can someone transcribe what was said?...The interview sounds like it was given over the speaker box at a Burger King drive-thru lol...

Basically Trent's issue with the organization is about a combination of things according to Adrian.  He was asked if there is something they can do to bring back, Trent.  Adrian goes, yes but didn't elaborate.  I'd guess money?

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Basically Trent's issue with the organization is about a combination of things according to Adrian.  He was asked if there is something they can do to bring back, Trent.  Adrian goes, yes but didn't elaborate.  I'd guess money?

Id guess trade him. Then he’ll show up and pack his things. :ols:

13 minutes ago, KDawg said:

There’s a story around these parts, that I have confirmation is true, about a badass Marrone story.

At Bills training camp... the players were eating in the cafeteria and this one player was getting loud and calling his teammates at his table out, and saying generally ****ty things. Marrone was walking by when this was going on.

He stopped. Turned around. Walked to the table... calmly put his hand down on it... looked at the player dead in the eye and said, “you’re cut. Pack your ****.”

Then, like a John Wayne ass son of a gun he turned around and walked off down the hallway and out the door. 

If Doug knew how to recruit, he’d be winning national titles somewhere. I’d love to see him let go by Jax & end up here, though... the thought of Doug Marrone answering to Bruce Allen is nauseating. 

I'll take a first and Robinson for TW

19 minutes ago, KDawg said:

And that man, was OJ Simpson.

And we all know the rest.

Miami gets no credit... they traded away two young talents on rookie deals for picks that may never end up being anywhere near the talent level of Tunsil or Fitzpatrick...

Having said that, yes, we are asshats for not trading away aging vets for picks while the getting is good... Thanks, Bruce, for being the butthole of the league.

Archived