Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I notice probably more than any player who has played here there is some real animosity about him (obviously not from you) -- not just as a player but as a person.     I met Kirk multiple times.  My kids did his QB camp for a full weekend, struck me super classy, nice guy.  Bruce struggled to pronounce Kirk's name even though he was in his building for years while Kirk could remember my kids names and repeat them during camp with over 100 kids there.   I got zero personal hostility towards Kirk.  Like I said I always root for a Redskins win in the moment but if they lose and it makes Dan-Bruce miserable, I'll enjoy that too.  It's a can't lose for me.  Plus I think Adrian Peterson is getting overshadowed -- its a big day for him, too and am a big Peterson guy.

Switching gears but staying on topic that's been discussed here.  Here are some quotes from personnel people/agents who dealt with the Redskins FO.  It's from a Standig article in the Athletic today.  A lot more quotes than this but this is a sample of it.  There are more negatives than this but also some positive ones as well.  I'd say at best its a mixed bag.   

Just hard to understand the direction of the organization. Are they trying to win now or not? Are they playing chess or checkers?

It would be odd to dislike Kirk as a human, but people do tend to conflate not liking someone with disliking them.

Chess, checkers, or two douchebags one cup 🤨

I think part of the problem is Dan may be too insulated to see the need for a change.  I mean, it’s good to avoid some of the feedback you might get from social media, etc, but it has its benefits too, particularly if you’re surrounded by yes men or those out for themselves.  Essentially, I’m afraid that Allen is Snyder’s Wormtongue and I don’t know that there’s a Gandalf out there to intervene.  

2 hours ago, skinny21 said:

I think part of the problem is Dan may be too insulated to see the need for a change.  I mean, it’s good to avoid some of the feedback you might get from social media, etc, but it has its benefits too, particularly if you’re surrounded by yes men or those out for themselves.  Essentially, I’m afraid that Allen is Snyder’s Wormtongue and I don’t know that there’s a Gandalf out there to intervene.  

Even if he avoids all social media, there is no way that he could avoid hearing the organization getting dragged all over Sunday Night Football, Monday Night Football, and Thursday Night Football unless he watches those games with the sound off.

I honestly think the only positive remarks about the team all season were Rex Ryan's comments about the head coaching job being attractive.

4 hours ago, volsmet said:

It would be odd to dislike Kirk as a human, but people do tend to conflate not liking someone with disliking them.

Chess, checkers, or two douchebags one cup 🤨

I agree but I am not conflating that at all. If you read some of the posts on said topic it’s definitely personal with some and goes beyond just the player.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I agree but I am not conflating that at all. If you read some of the posts on said topic it’s definitely personal with some and goes beyond just the player.

No, not you, I was just rambling more abstractly, a habit I can’t seem to rein in.

7 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

"Redskins are dysfunctional. One guy will call on one player and then you talk with another guy in personnel and he has no idea of what’s going on."

We all know these things are going on but seeing it in writing from someone who knows Bruce is...ugly. what a ****ing mess. 

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Well consider me still in the gullible camp. I actually think Bruce is going to win the 'don't blink first' contest with Dorsey. Trent to the Browns before the deadline.

See, I want to be in this camp. But I'm starting to feel like there isn't even a staring contest in progress in the first place.

9 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I notice probably more than any player who has played here there is some real animosity about him (obviously not from you) -- not just as a player but as a person.     I met Kirk multiple times.  My kids did his QB camp for a full weekend, struck me super classy, nice guy.  Bruce struggled to pronounce Kirk's name even though he was in his building for years while Kirk could remember my kids names and repeat them during camp with over 100 kids there.   I got zero personal hostility towards Kirk.  Like I said I always root for a Redskins win in the moment but if they lose and it makes Dan-Bruce miserable, I'll enjoy that too.  It's a can't lose for me.  Plus I think Adrian Peterson is getting overshadowed -- its a big day for him, too and am a big Peterson guy.

Switching gears but staying on topic that's been discussed here.  Here are some quotes from personnel people/agents who dealt with the Redskins FO.  It's from a Standig article in the Athletic today.  A lot more quotes than this but this is a sample of it.  There are more negatives than this but also some positive ones as well.  I'd say at best its a mixed bag.   

I don’t have a lot of respect for the owner. Never have. Bruce Allen was an agent so many of us competed with him. I got along with him, but never really trusted him. Cut corners. He used to cheat to get players. He was a villain. As far as he knows I like him, but I don’t trust him. He thinks scandals aren’t’ scandals, but the cost of doing business. (Former front office leader) Vinny (Cerrato) was the same.

Redskins are dysfunctional. One guy will call on one player and then you talk with another guy in personnel and he has no idea of what’s going on. They fall in and out of love with players. A guy can go from penthouse to outhouse in one week.

• Snyder and Bruce are incompetent. Schaffer is a wiz.

Just hard to understand the direction of the organization. Are they trying to win now or not? Are they playing chess or checkers?

We need more anecdotes and less final thoughts from these interviews. It isn't hard to understand. You have two duplicitous raging pieces of excrement in charge, Allen, is the duplicitious, piece of excrement, boot lick, scheming, worthless vile cretin, while Snyder is the little napolean, fragile ego's mini-trump. A vindictive, small, vile, cretin who got lucky during the dot.com 90's before he was found out, and funneled his money into the one field it's impossible to lose money in: NFL Ownership. He's a vile creep, a small man who probably would've gotten annihilated in public school, but probably skated through private school instead, so he didn't get the beat downs necessary to develop some semblance of humility on the outside. 

Both are scumbags.

Both are morons.

Both have no idea whatsoever how to do this, and both have fallen into their positions via parachutes, one given to him by his father, the other by a business fluke 20 years ago. None of them ever developed any appreciation for how hard it is to get good at this because neither had to work a day in their lives to be in the position they're in in the league. One got in through connections, the other through his wallet.

As a result, this once proud franchise is being run by two horrible cretins w/no talent, and zero sense of accountability because they never had to earn the positions they have through competence and hard work. Nothing will change.

It's not some sorta mystery. They're just two ego-maniacal small men of un-earned privilege with zero competence in the field they work within despite their position at the top of the DC representation of this particular field.

This is basically Commodus, and Fredo Corleone running an NFL franchise. 

3 hours ago, mrcaniac said:

Even if he avoids all social media, there is no way that he could avoid hearing the organization getting dragged all over Sunday Night Football, Monday Night Football, and Thursday Night Football unless he watches those games with the sound off.

I honestly think the only positive remarks about the team all season were Rex Ryan's comments about the head coaching job being attractive.

It’s a valid point, but I guess I’m just trying to formulate a reason Snyder would stick with Allen given 1) the team’s track record, and 2) the fan apathy/lack of support.  

The only thing that makes some sense to me is Allen preaching that they’re close/unlucky and that the fans will come back as they get closer.  But the only way (IMO) that Snyder truly buys that is if he’s insulated from other viewpoints/opinions.  I could definitely see him muting telecasts when they start talking about the ‘Skins (“they’re just trashing my team because we’ve been unlucky.  Just wait until we start getting to the playoffs regularly, then they’ll start praising us”).  Or not reading the articles after seeing the headlines.  

2 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

It’s a valid point, but I guess I’m just trying to formulate a reason Snyder would stick with Allen given 1) the team’s track record, and 2) the fan apathy/lack of support.  

The only thing that makes some sense to me is Allen preaching that they’re close/unlucky and that the fans will come back as they get closer.  But the only way (IMO) that Snyder truly buys that is if he’s insulated from other viewpoints/opinions.  I could definitely see him muting telecasts when they start talking about the ‘Skins (“they’re just trashing my team because we’ve been unlucky.  Just wait until we start getting to the playoffs regularly, then they’ll start praising us”).  Or not reading the articles after seeing the headlines.  

Anyone, in this day and age, who demands everyone call him Mr. Snyder has his head so far up his own ass that there is no way he is going to do anything anyone demands that he do.  In fact, he will keep Bruce just because the fans want Bruce gone. 

Don't show up to games?  I already have the ticket money, suckers.

Don't buy Redskins merch?  Margin sucks and the players get a cut, anyway.

Stadium is empty?  TV money is what bought me this yacht. 

We'd be better off demanding that Snyder keep Bruce.  Or even promote him.

4 hours ago, mrcaniac said:

Don't think he watches them televised - just live ( he doesn't hear those comments).

46 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Garafalo doubled down this morning on the Hoffman report that they wouldn’t trade Trent this season but might in the off season.

He said Dorsey has been hounding Bruce for weeks but he has been rebuffed.

Bruce being petty is what I am getting out of this - I don't care what we get for him, but I am not letting him play this year unless it's in Wash. That man is dumb as a rock. 

I hope Bruce is waiting to the end of the trade deadline to ship Trent off. With intentions a team like the Browns will sweeten the offer they currently have on the table.But again this is a hope.

Bruce maybe serious about keeping a guy that clearly has tremendous value around the league but is clearly not going to play more than 6 games a season for this team until he leaves.After the whole Kirk thing I guess it is not out question with this moron running the show to get nothing but a comp pick for in 2022 for him.

1 hour ago, carex said:

might in the offseason?

I’d have to watch it again but I got the impression that there is a decent chance they’d trade him in the off season but Garafalo didn’t say slam dunk for sure they would.

The segment is all over Twitter I can’t post it right now via my phone. 

Archived