Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

1 minute ago, CowboyKillerz said:

When the trade deadline is?

Or just in general?

Ah ok. Yea I guess I was asking about the trade deadline. Thanks homie 

edit: I didnt realize we were this far into the season already. Feels like we just won our first game....

wuut?

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

What I think is fair is that Bruce definitely doesn't do this stuff with the intent of not improving.

I think he believes his tactics to be helpful for the franchise. They aren't. But I think he truly believes they are.

Unless he's a super secret agent that was put into the Redskins organization to shed light on Snyder's ill advised moves by being his mouth piece and his ultimate goal is to transfer ownership to someone more competent. 

To me he presents as someone whose self-interest is always going to be at least a 50.1% stakeholder.  He may believe that he's doing for the team, but it and every other action he takes is contingent on self-advancement/self-assurance.

Example:  I always want to get paid.  I will do something good for the world, and I will believe I'm doing good, as long as I get paid.

Without that self-interest need met, he cognitively cannot move to altruism, so he's stuck believing he's doing for the team while in a binary sense only doing for himself.  If it happens to help the team then that's great.

That's a brief and sloppy clinical view.

EDIT:  To be clear, this is not unique to Bruce Allen.  This is pretty much anyone who gets that high up the ladder.  Bruce is just god awful when he is "doing what's best for the team."  Intent may be pure (it's not, but close enough given this type of personality), talent is absent.

11 minutes ago, Unbias said:

Am I weird for hoping every time Bruce Allen says he's not trading Trent I want him to wink or give an eye twitch direct into the camera? Some kind of poker tell that would give me a little comfort? 

Kind of like this: 

tumblr_mg1dulayer1rjsbhwo1_400.gif?w=139

Not weird at all.  Unfortunately every time Bruce Allen says he's not trading Trent Bruce instead gets a little warm feeling that makes him think he's a tough guy.  He feels manly like he controls the world and is teaching everyone a lesson.

Im sure there is a good meme for this but I don't have a meme library handy.

https://thefandc.radio.com/redskins-still-not-interested-trading-trent-williams

106.7 The Fan's Craig Hoffman reported last week Allen's comments were more than just public posturing and Allen "told Trent a few weeks ago that he is going to have to sit the year and they would explore trading him in January."

Hoffman also reported a source told him Williams intends to follow through on his holdout and has no plans to play for the Redskins through the remainder of the regular season.

Of course, Allen said on the eve of the season the left tackle would return to the Redskins this season. 

There were reports (or rumors) of a deal being made with the Cleveland Browns which seem unfounded at the moment. 

From what I can tell nothing has changed in forever. Didn't chase the report from Cleveland accordingly. So many aspects of this drama from both sides make little sense, but until legit further notice that's where things stand

8 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I'm all for bashing Bruce, but the devil is in the detail on this. I'm actually encouraged they've had 'conversations'.

I'd be more encouraged if the vibe was they are bartering but Bruce just has gotten what he wants yet.  Don't love the idea of teams calling him and Bruce responding with he's not open for business -- which is the vibe that most who are covering the story are giving.

But to your point, we got 13 days, it certainly could still go down. 

6 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I'm all for bashing Bruce, but the devil is in the detail on this. I'm actually encouraged they've had 'conversations'.

Did Dorsey actually say "that it takes two to tango?" If so that is very concerning and backs up the thinking that the Redskins will just sit on Trent.

Adrian Peterson right now on a radio show on Sirius XM:

Reporter: So you honestly think there's something the Redskins can do that will have Trent Williams playing Left Tackle for them again...?

AP: Yea, I do

(he knows better than anyone... they are best friends)

As a fan, I don't want him back at this point... take the picks and run. 

1 minute ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Reporter: So you honestly think there's something the Redskins can do that will have Trent Williams playing Left Tackle for them again...?

As much as I appreciate AP and his willingness to be direct, I don't think he knows much about this.  I'm sure that Bruce has asked Trent what it will take to get him on the field and I bet Trent's answer has been a trade.  If this is over the scalp issue, TW is being a drama queen and there is nothing that can undo the past.  If it's about money, then TW can suck it up and play out the contract that he signed and loved 3 years ago.

If Bruce thinks TW is coming back, I think he's delusional.  Listen to any and all offers for the next week and make the best deal possible.  This team could make a giant step towards getting right with a few extra high picks and a couple of young players.  If Bruce did get the offer being discussed and hasn't leapt upon it, SWINM is going to drive to his home and piss on his flowers.

13 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Did Dorsey actually say "that it takes two to tango?" If so that is very concerning and backs up the thinking that the Redskins will just sit on Trent.

No chance we just sit on Trent with a good offer at this stage. Let's see what the Browns are actually proposing first. 

Makes no sense to holdout over money, when you are foregoing $650K per week.  Makes no sense to holdout over the medical staff of Bruce really told him he’d fire anyone to get him back.

What does make sense is that there is more to it than all of that, as I’ve suspected all along.  

Just now, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

No chance we just sit on Trent with a good offer at this stage. Let's see what the Browns are actually proposing first. 

You can’t propose a deal to someone with their fingers in their ears.

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

No Chance? Actually, I think that is the most likely outcome- we'll know for sure in 2 weeks.

15 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I think you might be underestimating Bruce's ego and how stubborn he can be.  He has a history of doing this.

Bruce would rather land a 2nd round pick in the off season than a 1st now if it means he gets to be "the boss" and prove his point to Trent a little longer.  Stupidity is strong with this one.

Who knows what's actually going on, but based on the two tweets below, it seems Cleveland isn't even offering up a 1st, so the "two to tango" line by Dorsey is a bit hypocritical since Bruce seems willing to part with Trent if given a 1st.

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

If Trent doesn't report then we retain those 2 years left on his deal so I guess thats a small positive when it comes time to deal him this offseason.

It still makes no sense to hold him but here we are.

I really doubt he doesn't report later this season (after the trade deadline) to accrue his extra year if we get to that point.  Regardless, it would be a massive gamble on our part.

6 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Who knows what's actually going on, but based on the two tweets below, it seems Cleveland isn't even offering up a 1st, so the "two to tango" line by Dorsey is a bit hypocritical since Bruce seems willing to part with Trent if given a 1st.

This is about where I am on this....for now....:kickcan:

47 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Yeah it's called give him more money. That's what this is all about and this BS that it's not is ridiculous.

He's not worth more money and we need to trade him. Trent doesn't make this team that much better. We need the picks and the fact Bruce isn't talking to teams is so frustrating. He's literally ruined this team and now we have a chance to rebuild and he's stopping that as well. I'm so ****ing pissed right now. This organization makes me so mad. How can they be so damn incompetent.

Archived